1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Beer is the official religion of Germany - anyone that tried to ban it from stadiums would be on a loser here. Smoking is ok at Cologne but only behind the stands. It's different at different stadiums - at Hamburg SV. it is forbidden everywhere in the stadium. The laws on smoking in public places are applied differently in the states of Germany - in Berlin there are still many pubs which allow smoking, but not in Cologne. So if I go to a match in Cologne I can drink for 90 mins. (It's expected !) and go for a smoke at half time. I also get free public transport (within the Cologne area) if I have a match ticket - so, all in all, not bad.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

There is a smoking ban here, but most establishments turn a blind eye to it apart from nicer restaurants.

3. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Its even more cray if you happen to be a "fag" in the deep south were i am they could put them on a cross or shoot them

4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

No more but stubbing here!

Enjoy te weekend all! :)

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Good morning all from a warm and dry Weston-super-Mare. The promised overnight rain has so far failed to materialise!

Have a good day! <ok>

6. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Good morning from a cloudy St. Helier. Good weather for those who are doing the annual round the island walk which started at 3 this morning - so the participants had been walking for about an hour before Dave posted. This year is the first where my employers are sponsoring it, and there were a certain number of free places for staff. I decided not to do it as I didn't want to walk 48 miles the day before playing softball, and it's ended up that I'm doing neither.

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Morning with my back problems standing is no fun these days..but i expect to have to do it at all away games.. And i feel for those less able than me who really can't stand. Bring back designated areas...

8. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all from rural France. I believe my next door neighbour is returning from Florida today, so he can take charge of his garden again. I don't believe that I have let any of his plants die which is a relief. A good friend out here left her dog with a neighbour while she flew over to England for a quick visit, and the dog died. Just one of those things that couldn't be helped, but a very uncomfortable situation for the person looking after the dog.

9. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Morning all. Weekend doing nothing at home for once. Probably walk to the pub at some point.
    Safe standing? I'm in favour but it's not for me. I like to sit these days. Away it's different, generally end up standing anyway.
    Very happy not to come home from anywhere stinking of someone else's drug habit.

10. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

11. canary-dave

12. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Well, you could make it last on your list... <whistle>

Hornet-Fez and canary-dave like this.
  13. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I have a quarter of a mile to get to my fields from the house, half of it down the tarmac lane, and the remainder along a green lane. Tonight the tarmac was not melting in the heat, but the green lane is a misdescription of the current state as it is brown and yellow due to the weather that hasn't seen rain for three weeks and quite extraordinary temperatures. Trying to keep my vegetables growing requires lots of watering in this weather, so I set off again to keep the peas, beans and everything else alive and hopefully productive.
    I arrived and found a young great tit caught in the netting that is there to stop him and his like getting at my peas. He was struggling to get out, but the more he flapped the more he became entangled. I managed to get to him, and realized that he was so trapped that I couldn't get him free without injuring his very fragile legs and wings. Mme was phoned to come and help with a pair of scissors, and while I waited for her to arrive I held this tiny bird in one hand that he attacked to start with, but then as I stroked his head he seemed to know that I was not there to hurt him, and he settled down. As I was standing perfectly still, trying not to frighten him, a giant hare appeared through the hedge, not aware to start with that I was there, but skipped it when he found out he was not alone.
    My great tit was freed with care, and finally flew up into one of the trees. He sat there for several minutes looking down at us before going in search of something to eat. I am just pleased that I found this tiny creature alive and could help him, as I think that by tomorrow he would have died.

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

After a discussion Hornette and myself agreed to un-sticky the prediction leagues from last season. When the time comes round again to have the new season games being predicted, we will make sure that they stay at the top of the forum topics so as they are easy to find. Hope that is alright with everyone.<ok>

yorkshirehornet and brian_66_usa like this.
  16. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Personally I would wish smoking banned everywhere except within one's own private residence.

BTW anyone else noticed Aidy's U21's are doing ok.

17. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Plus our young will is playing his part

18. canary-dave

Good morning all from a warm and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

19. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Morning all. Sunday morning and I'm awake at stupid o'clock. Going to take Mrs H-F to have a look for a new car later. Not doing enough miles anymore to justify the current diesel model she has: not good for the car doing short trips, not good for the environment being diesel.... not too good on the wallet all round.

20. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Oh... wonderful....