1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Health and Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's the key I think - very hard to do exercise etc. if there's either nothing to look forward to at the end or it's not enjoyable. Have fun!

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yesterday I had plenty of exercise working on my daughter's house and did I ache in the evening. When I am working in my fields I also have lots of exercise, but a different sort and the body seems to be used to that. In both cases hopefully there will be an end product, and while striving to achieve the goals I do feel that it is a way of keeping fit without having to think about it.

Deleted 1 likes this.
  3. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know the feeling. My mum's getting ready to have the decorators in so there was a hell of a lot of moving stuff around, chucking it out etc. over the weekend. It makes you realise you're getting older when you wonder if all the aches and pains will be gone by the following weekend!

4. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Thanks for good wishes. We are often a bit tired after a day( 35-45 miles) with panniers-it's a tandem- but 10 minutes after a shower it feels wonderful! The food tastes better, the vino feels well earned, and the views seem more attractive in the warm evening sun, even in September. And we sleep better!
    Curiously, the local cycling here in the upper Charente is quite hard work, as nowhere is flat, and the gradients are not gentle, but it's lovely quiet rural scenery, and prepares us well for the long trips. We've almost given up in the UK sadly, even in Cheshire, for many well-documented reasons. Still, I need to be fit enough to leap out of my seat at the Vic about 800 times a season (80 goals and 9 times as many near misses) ! COYH