1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The greatest single moment in a supporters life......

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by GrantHoltAteMyHamster, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

oh poor Andy, QPR board must be so dull he feels the need to come here for entertainment.

They year, for us, is not important. The only important thing was we stopped you winning the league. I only previously mentioned it because I knew you would come along and read it. Now go away little wum before Dave gives you a slap.

2. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

Mine has to be seeing us batter Queens Park Rangers 4-2 at Carrow Road back in 94, then seeing poor Kevin Gallen and Trevor Sinclair desperately trying to get them back in the game, but failing badly.

3. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Mine was Play Off 2009 Time of my life, For us to go back down the following season what a load of ****.

4. GrantHoltAteMyHamster

Not sure this really qualifies for Greatest moment, but it was a really emotional special humbling poignant moment. The day Bryan gunn played v QPR just days after his little girl had died..Just the atmospere when it felt like 20000+ people norwich and Qpr fans were all united as one in admiration and respect for one man.What an amazing man gunny is. And will always be Number 1 In the true legends list to me..

5. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

GHAMH, that's poignant indeed, hat's off to Gunny for that - he'll always be a Norwich legend, despite his less than sucessful managerial tenure.

'InEnemyTerritory' - enjoyed your comments. I was at that Man Utd FA cup game too - a little older than you, I was 14. Went with my dad too. Here's a clip to refresh your memory, (which I have put up before, sorry for repeating!), and I still have the programme! :

Keelan was a favourite of mine too, don't know if i saw that incident, but there were many like it!

Remember the Chelsea incident too, they trashed the Jolly Malsters that day! (since reduced to rubble - but not by them!)

There were some hairy moments in the Barclay in those days when opposing fans were in there too. These days I'm in the more sedate surroundings of the 59 ers lounge!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  6. HOADIE_BOI

Would love them to do the same this year, Next season when you are in premiership maybe you could win like that again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  7. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Well here's hoping Hoadie, but do you know what?

A bit of me still thinks that year in League One was fun. Met some fans that weren't full of themselves, and were probably supporting their home team, unlike so many glory hunters.

We'll take it if it comes, of course we will, for financial reasons if nothing else.

8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Andy - I hope you return to this thread.

Once again you were so right - beating Scunny 6-0 was nothing. How did QPR get on against them on Saturday?
    Maybe now you will keep your gob firmly shut - hahahahahahahahahahahaha

9. HOADIE_BOI

Im having a great moment now, 0-4 to the Gills.
    Love it.