1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The goal machine

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsNumber7, May 9, 2017.

1. SaintsNumber7

SaintsNumber7 Active Member

What a man! Legend!

That promotion team and first season in the prem, I do miss that squad. It had a connection to the fans we haven't had since..

Attached Files:

Saints_Alive likes this.
  2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Yep, they all left us in the end...:(.. except SKD of course. They were the two most enjoyable seasons supporting Saints since the Lawrie Mac days and 1989/90 (four yes FOUR upfront!).
    I love and respect them all, even AOC, without them and Nigel we really could still be struggling to get out of the Championship now. That Championship promotion was a brilliant achievement with basically the same squad (minus AOC), that's why I was so angry that Deano wasn't given a shot in the PL and Nigel never got a fair crack at it. Although time has proved that Poch was an upgrade, everything started to disintegrate when he left for Spurs.

SaintsNumber7 likes this.
  3. SaintsNumber7

SaintsNumber7 Active Member

I would love to see a parallel universe whereby Cortese and Poch stayed and see where we ended up..

Granted if the rumours are true, they might not be much of a club left, but hypothetically it could have been very exciting/interesting..

In the back of my mind I always look at Leicester last season as what could of been..

But we can't take for granted what we have now!

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Like a total eclipse, you have to wait a long time until a season like the last one comes round. The usual top teams are back in it again, sadly.