1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Election

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 21, 2017.

1. Blacker-than-Knight

I live in Northumberland in a small 3 bedroom bungalow, the third bedroom just fits a single bed, we pay over £2000 a year in council tax and the notional figures for LVT would bump this to over £6000, as for the bond that ain't going to work as the money markets are very cautious about government bonds and gilts, one of the reasons why it is so hard for the Tories to dial down the deficit is that they can't generate any surplus in bonds and gilts with such a flat market. It is highly unlikely that Corbyn could generate significant borrowing through bonds, I was going to write a whole lot more but suffice to say that the domino effect on interest and inflation of this would start to destabilise other aspects of the economy, Labour manage the economy on an ideological basis, one reason why they think they will pay for everything by taxing the wealthy individuals and companies more whilst ignoring the reality that these individuals and companies tend to move their wealth elsewhere leading to lower tax revenues.

Gordonthetoony likes this.
  2. NufcNavan

NufcNavan Active Member

There's a serious irony behind many Brits now realising who the DUP are.

A group that is vehemently 'loyal' to Britain.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

It's funny Corbyn calling for May to resign.... didn't half his party want him to resign once?

Also.. a mate was saying last night that Corbyn is now 68... if the next government runs its course then for the next general election he may be 72-73 looking at pitching for a term in office which will take him to within a couple of years of being 80.... I mean.. Fredor is allegedly 80 so imagine such a person running the country.

Personally I hope in 5 years time... we have no May or Corbyn but someone like David Milliband so that I can get back to voting Labour for a leader who I feel deserves support.

Judge Death likes this.
  4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Mate, it needs to go considerably deeper than that. We don't even really live in a democratic society.