1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Election

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 21, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Anyone else bored senseless yet with all the ****waffle falling out of the mouths of our politicians?

They are all a bunch of self serving, duck pond loving no marks who can go to hell in a hand cart for me.

Cannot trust a thing any of them say whether it's Theresa messing up her words and trying to look convincingly like a touched up version of the Thatcher spitting image puppet... or Corbyn turning up at a rock concert to 'give a speech' and his cronies making out those attendees were there for him only... ffs,

It's boring as hell and I'm missing the weekend distraction of watching NUFC big time.

anyobrien likes this.
  2. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Active Member

I only Trust May's government on brexit and very little else which is enough for me to vote conservative in the election.

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I don't trust any of the bastards.

anyobrien and Marra SAFC 77 like this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

We should have an option like off Beewster's millions 'none of the above'.

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I have voted in every single election, local or national, I have been able to vote in the past 30 years and I genuinely can't think of anyone I want to vote for this time.

anyobrien and Judge Death like this.
  6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Well, you could just not turn up. Or write 'none of the above' on the ballot paper.

I'm tempted not to vote but I think I'll vote labour to help keep the incumbent MP in and give Corbyn's successor some sort of clout in opposition. I think my MP is pretty safe though.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  7. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I'm voting by post so may just write in a black marker 'In Rafa I trust' across the ballot paper.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  8. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I may deliberately spoil my paper this time. Never done it before but I think we should all vote - even if it is to post a 'no vote'

9. General Lee Speaking

That's what I was thinking but I'm going to vote Labour again. To be honest I think they have gained some credibility in recent weeks in some areas but I disagree with some of their other policies quite strongly.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  10. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

The problem with spoiled papers is that there are so few that they are dismissed as mistakes or stupidity. If everyone who didn't vote turned up and voted for 'none of the above' then the % of spoiled papers would send a clear message instead of being dismissed as voter apathy. It is the opposite of apathy. It is anger.

11. General Lee Speaking

Wouldn't a low turnout do the same?

12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I think a low turn out indicates people don't care. High turn out with lots of spoiled papers means people do care but don't like the options available. Having said that, I'm not sure what I will do yet. I voted lib dem for years up until 2010. After they got into bed with the Tories I felt likr they betrayed their left of centre base and said I wouldn't vote for them again. I live in a safe labour seat so in some ways who I vote for doesn't matter. If it looks like labour might be under pressure from UKIP I would vote labour. Otherwise I don't know. I am still naturally lib dem probably, but I just don't trust them anymore.

13. General Lee Speaking

I see what you mean but it's unlikely to happen unfortunately. More than anything I'm afraid of a Tory landslide and what they would do with a large majority.

I really don't think UKIP will win many votes from Labour. I think UKIP will do a lot worse than in the last election and the Tories will win a lot of their votes. The Lib Dems always seem to be trying to find a niche but sometimes it takes them away from their their core principles or the policies just don't make sense or are a bit whacky. They Tories played them for mugs but they allowed it to happen and were easily bought off. Nick Clegg sold them out unfortunately and it will take them a long time to recover.

14. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Just make sure you don't spoil your paper by drawing a penis in any of the boxes. They counted those as legitimate votes last time!

15. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

I'll be voting Labour. For the first time in my lifetime there's no way anyone can say 'oh they're all the same', though of course people never let reality get in the way of a good bit of political mudslinging.

Magpie Fozz and GeordieHalfbreed like this.
  16. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Voted UKIP last election but Paul Nuttal has made them an un-votable part now. Plus very much a wasted vote.

Would revert to Conservative as I trust them to deliver in terms of Brexit, however I think the cuts to public funding such as schools, hospitals etc is becoming a joke, I wouldn't mind if the deficit and national debt was being reduced, but it's not, it's constantly increasing. I also struggle to trust them, they lie so much it's beyond a joke. They are pretty much in it for themselves and whoever they're taking brown envelopes off of.

Labour, I quite like their policies on spending I think a lot of these area's need funding, however they are deluded to think that they will re-coup it all from the taxes they wish to implement. Rich people move their money around so much, the only way to prevent tax avoidance is to make is illegal and punishable by a prison sentence and they would never do this. I disagree with labour's view on immigration as well as how they gift jobseekers allowance and social housing to people who don't really need it.Labour will pussy out of brexit and Corbyn's a bit of a mug too.

Lib Dems - Ha

Green - Waste Vote

Wales /Scotland/Irish parties - no point.

Therefore what's the point in voting. Might just skip it all to be honest, tried my hardest to not pay attention and have done reasonably well compared to the last election and the referendum. I found myself getting angry with any one who disagrees with my way of thinking and I've concluded, that's not healthy

BobbyD and Judge Death like this.
  17. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

In respect of Labour - a lot of the policies I don't have an issue with - it's the people within the party that would be responsible for implementing them that worries me.

For example, the tax increase one - don't really see why I should have to pay more for having busted my arse over the last few years to get myself to a position where I earn good money to hand it over to a bunch of incompetent cockwombles who are just going to waste it..

If I genuinely, honestly thought the money would be well spent - improving services, infrastructure, NHS etc, I wouldn't mind, but can't see it happening

BobbyD and Toon_Man_Sam1 like this.
  18. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I do agree, where's the incentive to work hard, get a good job, become qualified and earn loads on money, when your gonna end up paying 55% tax and at the end of the month has as much spare cash as someone who hasn't worked, had their rent paid for, bills like council tax subsidised and free handouts because they have 6 children, four of which they're probably claiming disability living allowance, so they get a free car too.

I'm not against people be helped when their down on their luck, or disabled people given the support they need, but too many people trick the system.

Free school meals too, I have a 5 year old daughter who benefits from this atm, but this will change when she gets older and we will quite rightly have to pay, but I do not believe that taxes in any way shape or form should be used to feed children at school. If you have a child, you take on that responsibility to feed and clothe them! if you can't, don't have kids!

19. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Exactly - this is why I think Means Testing needs to be brought back in - that way, money is targeted to people who actually need it, not just spread too far, too thin.

Sick to the back teeth of people milking the system, usually to the detriment of those who genuinely and honestly need assistance

20. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Whatever system is in place, and whoever is in power, the people who know how to play the system will still play it - whether they are scroungers at the bottom of the ladder or greedy at the top of the ladder. Any system brought in will only hurt those who genuinely need it or those who already pay what they are supposed to pay in taxes.