1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't believe they've sacked Warnock though.

Can't say i'm not pleased though.

That man deserves to be treated like **** as far as I care.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Warnock done a great job there but apprently they have fallen out over transfer targets. Warnock wanted to buy the Yak and Tony Fernandes didnt think he was a big enough name

Man City have appealed Kompanys red but they stand very little chance of getting it over turned. Because the letter of the law says you cant tackle 2 footed regardless of weather you get the ball or not

3. lifecheshirewhite

No he hasn't you fool,do you ever get anything right.<doh>.was brought in when Lonergan was injured.Lonergans been back 4 game's now.

4. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

LCW - whats your honest opinion of the game tonight? I think it will be a cracker for the neutral! I hate all southern softy sides...so i do hope you put one over them.

I will say i wont enjoy a number of your fan base being incredibly immature tomorrow if you do get a result...but il still prefer Leeds to win this one!

5. Proud Fox

Is anyone else looking forward to seeing the return of Thierry Henry. He was a great footballer to watch when he was with Arsenal and score so many brilliant goals and moments of skill. What he did for France against ROI was pure cheating but there wasnt many foreign players to have an impact like he did

6. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Remember his early days at Arsenal when he couldnt score for love nor money. Turned out alright for them though. My wifes family are all Arsenal fans, so I too will be hoping Leeds stuff them - for a bit of bragging rights. Managed to turn my wife into a LCFC season ticket holder when she moved up to Gods county to be with me. Must admit, I do call her kids southern softies, and tell them that I hate Arsenal - dates back to when we used to hit the woodwork 4-5 times in a match and lose 1-0. As for Henry - bought some Kleenex so I can wipe the dribble off my wifes chin. Keep telling her he is ugly and gay, but it dont make any difference.

7. Pull Your Fox Up

Henry was a class above the rest..he really was. I think i recall he got a fantastic hatrick against Sunderland where each goal showed off a different ability and each goal well worthy of a nomination for goal of the month. I just wish he hadnt cheated because that really did tarnish my overall opinion of him. Still no one can deny his ability - i hope we see some old school trickery tonight!

8. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I agree with PYFU, if Leeds get anything out of tonight, they will be posting here, there and everywhere tomorrow about it.

9. Proud Fox

Henry had everything apart from being able to head a ball. Years back we played Sunderland and drew 0-0 and went top of the premiership. Man U played Arsenal at Highbury and if Man U got a point they would go about us again. Someone passed the ball to Theirry Henry he flicked the ball up and turned and volleyed it into the top corner past Barthez. That kept us top of the league for a week, then next week we played Man U at Filbert Street, they pretty much had their second team out and they beat us 3-0. It was good while it lasted

10. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Remember it well - Birch taking the piss out of them pre-match cos we were top. It was the start of the decline losing that match - Junior Lewis had his feature on Sky Sports. Beckham scored direct from a free kick. Peter Taylor trying to buy everyone who had played for England U21s. Thank God we dont make rash signings any more ....... oh wait on .............

11. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

they take the bait so easily <laugh>

<doh>

12. Greatness_Since_1884

Greatness_Since_1884 Active Member

Henry was a fantastic player. I remember Arsenal's invincible season where he was just unplayable. It will be interesting to see how he does on his return. If I'm honest, I think he might disappoint a bit because the pace of the Premier League is much greater than the MLS and when he left Arsenal and went to Barca, he was fading then as it was.

Still think Arsenal will win tonight (even without RVP) but Leeds have a bit of a penchant for Cup surprises recently. Should be a good match.

13. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looking forward to seeing Thierry dick all over Leeds.

Wonder what'll happen now they don't have Kasper to save them...

[video=youtube;8O7HoQ-K2Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O7HoQ-K2Yc[/video]

14. Pull Your Fox Up

Ah how can we forget that season!!! We finished above Leeds but were also relegated. It was La Manga. And if remember correctly, Leicester played Arsenal for the final game of the season having already been relegated and Paul Dickov sent Leicester in front and potentially nearly ruined Arsenal 100% campaign :)

15. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

[video=youtube;gYpPYI2_Y8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpPYI2_Y8E[/video]

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

[video=youtube;hJ9xgxy5xVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9xgxy5xVE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

17. Greatness_Since_1884

<laugh> I was wondering when this video would appear.

Didn't know what his reaction would be at first - looked like he was gonna go and smack the guy. But what a stupid place to have a studio. It was bound to happen some time. I'm just waiting for the day when the FA Cup gets knocked over.

18. Greatness_Since_1884

Also, is it wrong that a part of me wishes it had hit Savage instead??

19. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not at all <laugh>

Watch Sav's reaction though <laugh>!

20. Greatness_Since_1884

Leeds just gone 1-0 down - and guess who scored.