1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs The Gills/The Dons Game Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Oct 11, 2016.

?

Points Won

Poll closed Oct 15, 2016.
  1. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 4

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 6

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Or you can trust me <whistle>

Gasheadseamge79 and bs3 gas like this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Not happy at all is he. Good.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0148-yes: :D

Like I've said just don't get why the defence is so bad

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Anyway that's me done for tonight <ok>

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

He just needs a settled defence. That's the one area of the pitch you don't want to tinker with too much. I would stick with Roos. And we're usually better when Ledbitter and Clarke are in there.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I disagree with your 5 at the back.
    I would stick with Roos for 1 more game.
    Rather see Leadbitter or Roberts at RB and no J.Clarke.
    I dont think Lockyer should be dropped.

My choice would be

......................Roos......................
    Leadbitter Lockyer Hartley Brown

However, I just want DC to pick a back 4 and stick with it for a while as a settled defence would be better than what is currently going on. I understand some players need rest and some players need game time. I get that DC wants to keep the whole squad happy. But our defence woes wont stop until we have a settled defence. Issue is that DC likes to change formation that effects the defence. Its great our players can change from 352 or 4 at the back. But it stops us being settled. I would just like to see 5 games in a row with the same back 4. We will see a difference.

old timer and bs3 gas like this.
  7. bs3 gas

bs3 gas Well-Known Member

He just needs to work out what he thinks is his best defence. Stick to it for a number of games so they all get used to one another.

8. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments CJS

9. Gastronomic

Funny how we always get drawn into blaming the goalkeeper or the defenders when it's the whole team that need to defend better, front to back. Dons had a lot of possession, so it's what people do when they haven't got the ball that really makes a difference. I think this game was a bit of a wake up call. And I reckon we'll see a few clean sheets in the next few games.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Have you seen the goals yet? I agree we should be defending front to back but those goals could and more importantly should have been avoided last night.

1st goal was a mistake by Roos. DC and any manager would be happy to restrict the opposition to long range shots as that means we are defending well being hard to break down. If they score from range into the top corner then fair shout to them. However probably 1 in 10 long range efforts do go in. The other 9 are either off target or saved by either pushing the ball away or holding on to the ball. Roos saved the long shot initially but then dropped the ball straight to an MK Dons player who ran in unopposed by the defence who just stood and watched the ball get tapped in to an open goal. This goal can only be the keepers fault. Could blame also whoever was suppose to be marking the goalscorer as they let their man go for the tap in. Whoever it was in the defence lacked sharpness and awareness.

2nd goal was down to Brown. Cross came in to the back post and Brown didnt look like he was aware that he had someone behind him. His jump to head the ball looked half hearted and that made it too easy for them to score the header which was pretty much a free header. Was it just a lack of concentration by Brown? We had 2 players trying to stop the cross but they didnt do enough. They both just stood there letting the cross to come in. You could point the finger at them but personally I would still have expected Brown to challenge for that ball in the air. He may not have won the ball but could have done enough to put off the MK Dons player from having such an easy free header!

3rd goal was down to both Roos and Brown. Brown let his man cut inside and was always a yard behind until the shot came in and I think Roos should have done so much better. I bet he was very disappointed with himself.

Now last night I was blaming players and not the team as I could only go by what the commentators were saying. Now I have seen the goals, I think all 3 were down to individual errors and therefore all 3 could/should have been avoided if there were more concentration and awareness by both Roos and Brown.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

See for yourselves...... Our 2nd goal, what a clip by Colkett in the build up. Also good to see Clarke-Salter not try and smash the ball into the net like most players would have done but instead showed composure and set up Taylor who was the better option instead. That goal was made in Chelsea <ok>

12. Gastronomic

I disagree really. Sure, there was a goalkeeping error for the first goal, but if you look at the whole move, Matt Taylor ducked out of a challenge right at the start of the move and there were other opportunities to stop the ball ever getting into our box. Quite a bit of the footage shows moves starting In their half. We should be closing them down further up the pitch. And then we should be stopping the crosses if they get near our box. The defenders and keeper are only the last line of defence. There were definitely a few errors there. But quite a bit of the damage was done further up the pitch in the build up. That's my opinion anyway...

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

14. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

DC said in his interview the team did not play well, the only bit of the game I have seen is the highlights video put on by Gashead79 and MK Dons didn't look a bad side. They attacked with pace and we seems to be struggling to keep up, noticed comments about Lee Brown I don't think there is any competition for his place as we don't have a another left back as the Swansea lad seems to fill in on the right and it could be that his place is a little to comfortable,
    We won a point last night when everything looked lost, play well we didn't but we kept going and got the draw, it really does seem to be a good time to be a Gashead in terms of results and effort some thing that appeared to be missing the seasons before we were relegated. We actually seem to have a manager and players who care about the performances and the supporters