1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs Port Vale Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Sep 23, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Vale Win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Score Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    VS
    please log in to view this image

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

All build up to the game will appear on this thread :emoticon-0148-yes:

The poll will close on Friday at 4:31 PM. :emoticon-0148-yes:

You may change your vote if you like :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

We're going to keep a clean sheet in this one I think we desperately need one :D

I'm saying 1-0 to The Gas. Gaffers to get the winner :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Port Vale are useful. But so are we! I think we'll nick this one 2-1...

5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

This is going to be a good game, The Vale have quite the international line up this season so it will be interesting to see how we compete and what tactics DC employs. I hope we go on the attack from the start and try and dominate this one as playing the waiting game invariably results in us conceding and therefore chasing the game from there on in.............. two one to the Rovers and at least Robbie Earle wont be playing !!

6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Last Meeting

Tuesday 12th March 2013 - Gas 2 - 0 Port Vale - League 2

Home Record Vs Vale

PLD 31 W 16 D 9 L 6 GF 54 GA 34

7. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Going for a Gas victory as I feel the win at Swindon will lift the entire club, players, management team, fans and not least, confidence. We have not been playing badly on the whole, and with a bit of luck, some of our recent draws could have been 3 points instead. I agree with Delsy that an attacking policy from the word go is needed to stop Vale getting into their stride, we are very hard to handle when we go forward with pace and so far, we've deserved more than we've ended up with. A win to lift us up the table would be just reward for our recent endeavours.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok>

Then you go and ruin it <laugh>

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Moore and Lines against their old club. Should be a good game. I predict a win by 2 clear goals. 2-0 or 3-1. Colkett to get 1 of them :emoticon-0115-inlov

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

And Gaffers :p

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Take a look at everything going on at the Mem Saturday

On Saturday 24th September, Rovers welcome Port Vale to The Memorial Stadium. Last time the sides met in 2013, Ryan Brunt scored a brace as Rovers beat Port Vale 2-0 in front of 5,111 at The Memorial Stadium.

‘Early Bird’ Tickets are available for both sets of supporters. All Terrace, South and South West Stand Seats are still available for the game so get your ticket today. We are expecting a crowd in excess of 8,500, therefore please arrive in good time to avoid queues. Both the West Stand and East Stand seated areas are sold out for this fixture.

Here’s your match day schedule for Bristol Rovers v Port Vale on Saturday 24th September 2016.

9.00am: The Club Shop opens for business with a wide range of items. Check out our full range on our retail website www.brfcdirect.co.uk
    10.00am: Car parking at the stadium opens to season permit holders, where car park attendants will direct car parking. Spaces are not available on a match-by-match basis. Roads in the immediate vicinity of the stadium are not subject to any parking prohibitions on match days, however drivers are asked to park sensibly and not obstruct resident’s driveways/access.

Getting to the Memorial Stadium by bus has never been easier, we have seven services which stop close to the ground and then it's just a short walk further details can be found at www.firstgroup.com/bristolrovers
    11.00am: The Clubhouse Bar opens for Home supporters on a first-come, first-served basis. Manchester United v Leicester City showing live on the big screen from 12.30pm.

11.30am: Irene’s Kitchen Restaurant will be open in the Bristol Room, serving hot food from chips, burgers, hot dogs, pasties, pulled pork rolls and lots more.

12noon: Ticket Office opens and will remain open right up to kick-off at 3pm for supporters looking to buy home & away tickets or collect tickets for today’s game. Away tickets for Sheffield united, Northampton Town & MK Dons.

1.30pm: Stadium opens.

Families are welcome In the Bristol Post Family Terrace, there is a food kiosk where you can buy food and drinks. Captain Gas will make an appearance before kick-off.

Don’t forget to buy your 50-50 tickets to be in with a chance to win a substantial cash prize. Tickets will be available throughout the stadium before kick-off with the draw taking place at half-time. Look out for our Bristol Rovers Supporters Club 50-50 volunteers around the stadium.

Supporters will also be able to pick up the official Matchday Programme, The Pirate, for a price of only £3.

3pm: Kick-off! It’s time to back Darrell Clarke’s team to victory. C’mon You Blues!

3.45pm: At Half time, Nick Day will be your host for the interval. Listen out for the 50-50 and Helpline Draw. It's every supporters dream to score at Memorial Stadium and now you could make that dream a reality when you Kick it for a Flexi-Ticket ... see Twitter for more details. Bristol Rovers stars of the future will be introduced to the crowd, it’s the turn of our Under 18’s.

4.50pm: On the final whistle, the Clubhouse Bar re-opens with Screen Soccer Highlights on the big screens before the bar closes. Irene’s Kitchen will remain open until 6.00pm.

Don’t miss any of the action and buy your tickets now to back The Gas at The Mem. Tickets are available, priced from £16 for adults, from £14 for 16-21 and from £5 for under-16s.

Simply visit www.brfctickets.com , select your area and add your tickets to the shopping basket.

12. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

By Gerry Prewett

This Saturday Bristol Rovers will be looking to kick start their home form when they take on a fifth placed Port Vale.

With just one victory from their four home games, Rovers know that they need to improve that record if they are to make a run for the Play-Off spots this season.

The Midland team have suffered just two losses this season, both on the road, at Swindon (1-0) and Bury (4-1).

Last weekend, as Rovers were battling out a 1-1 draw at Valley Parade, the Valliants from Burslem were overcoming a stubborn Gillingham team 2-1.

Josh Wright opened the scoring in the 25th minute for the away team from close range as he turned in Cody McDonald's shot following a well-worked short corner.

It was another 50 minutes before Remie Streete equalised as he pounced after keeper Jonathan Bond parried Gezim Shalaj's shot.

The winner came just eight minutes later when Alex Jones received the ball on the edge of the Gills penalty area and created space with some neat footwork before firing a low shot past Bond for his fifth goal of the campaign.

Vale were much improved after going a goal down and Streete almost levelled after 58 minutes but his low drive from Paulo Tavares' free-kick 20 yards out cannoned back off the upright.

Speaking after the game Vale Boss Bruno Ribeiro said, "In the first half we played too slowly. It's not what we had spoken with the players about and not what we want. I spoke to the players at half time and said – 'we'll go and win the game. If we play high tempo with good pressure then we will win this game.'

"In the end I am happy because the players were fantastic in the second half; it was good character and determination and good attitude. It is good for us, and when we play as a team it is easier.”

"Sometimes in the first half it was not our play. I want two or three touch, pass and move, good movement from the midfielders and the wingers but in the first half we did nothing. In the second half we changed. We spoke to the players and said we will win the game we just need our movement and high tempo and we will win this game."

Rovers and Port Vale first met on 7 January 1939 on a pre-War Division 3 (South) game and the Midlanders ran out 1-0 winners, with Tom Nolan scoring for Vale. The return fixture saw a 2-1 home victory with Nolan again scoring along with Len Smart and Frank Curran scoring for Rovers.

Rovers first victory in these fixtures didn’t come until the sixth game on 20 December 1947 in a Division 3 (South) fixture, with Fred Leoman and Bill McGarry (Own Goal) scoring for Rovers and Alan Martin scoring for Vale.

Rovers’ home record against Vale is a strong one with 18 victories, 9 draws and just 6 defeats.

Although the clubs have met a total of 62 times they are rarely high scoring affairs, with Rovers averaging 1.23 goals per game and Vale 1.25 per game. The highest scoring game between the teams took place on 28 December 1963 when the teams shared a 4-4 draw at a muddy Eastville. Ian Hamilton (2), Alfie Biggs and Johhny Brown scored for Rovers and Tony Richards (2) and Jackie Mudie (2) notching for Vale.

Rovers followed that up just over a year later on 16 January 1965 with a 4-0 win. Bobby Jones (2), David Hudd and Joe Haverty scored Rovers goals.

The last fixture played was on 12 March 2013.The game was just seven minutes old when Ryan Brunt made the breakthrough for Rovers. The striker got his head on to the end of a corner from Norburn and nodded home from close range into the bottom corner of the net. On 38 minutes they doubled their lead from another set piece. Once again Norburn floated in the corner and this time Brunt fired a low shot through a crowded penalty area and in to the back of the net.

Talking ahead of this weekend’s game Vale Boss Ribeiro commented, "We try to win because it is a hard game. Bristol need the points too, but we need to change away from home. At home it has been fantastic, 100 per cent victories and away from home we need to change. We will prepare and see our tactics for this game because we need to change something away from home and we need to win away from home.”

"Maybe when we play away from home some players are nervous. It is different here, they have the supporters helping them all the time because we have very good supporters, and maybe away some are nervous, but we will change this."

"I tell the players all the time, mistakes are my mistakes, never the players. I come here and put my face in front of them all the time, they just need to play and try to win the games."

One player looking to make and impression is striker, Rigino Cicilia who has played and scored in reserve games in a return from injury, “I’m feeling much better now, I still have a little bit of pain, but it’s not too much and I’m feeling better and hopefully Saturday I can play as well against Bristol Rovers, so I’m excited. I want to be in the first eleven that’s my goal and I want to score goals there as well and help the team to win.”
    advertisement

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

14. GreatWesternGas

Bollocks! We're chasing the game again already! Losing 1-0

15. GreatWesternGas

Another great comeback but why do we make life so hard for ourselves? At least these comebacks show an excellent resilient backbone throughout the squad and this 'never say die' attitude will surely stand us in good stead for the remainder of the season. We are proving to be very difficult to beat and I fancy us to come back from Sheffield with at least a point. Onwards and upwards!!!

16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Great win fully deserved <party>

17. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

18. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

20. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Onwards and upwards! And great preparation for a couple of tough away games...