1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs Bury Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Dec 9, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Bury

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score Draw

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok win a real attacking threat but our defenders are just not good enough IMO. We need 2 CB's and a LB in January.

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Thought the confidence started to drain away after Gaffney missed his sitter. Better opponents would have punished us. But this was a decent victory. Thought Boating made quite a difference.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Good to see officials that appeared to be interested in the rules of the game and apply them fairly, I'm sure they didn't get every decision right but they were in my opinion the best we have had for a home league fixture.
    Agree with you Gastro Boteng played well today as did Colkett, good to see Luke James get a run out to

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I really hope boateng stays for the rest of season but I can't see it myself any other team in the division would play him week in week out i was told he's disappointed not to play in more games so I think DC could of ballsed this one up by not playing him he's clearly our best midfielder.

old timer likes this.
  5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I can see all our loan signings leave in January, some through choice like boateng and others because they are not deemed good enough. I can see us struggling to get loan signings if their parent clubs look at how much playing time these players have had. The only position that I think would get regular playing time is the G / K as some are not convinced about Roos and when I asked him yesterday if he was he for the rest of the season he just shrugged his shoulders. I only get to home league games so I haven't seen Connor Roberts kick a ball in anger for the Rovers so I can see him wanting to leave along with Luke James who I thought played well yesterday when he came on

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Quilllogic and Gasheadseamge79 like this.
  6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to stick around and IMO DC would be to blame for it, like I've said many times Boateng would start every game if he was on loan to some other club in our division and probably Colkett as well. If I had only one choice out of all the loans we could keep I would chose Boateng. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Quilllogic and old timer like this.
  8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Boeteng should get a run in the side.We looked much stronger defensively yesterday. Although we conceded a couple, Bury hardly had a sniff for most of the game. But we need to be a lot more clinical because the misses... particularly Gaffney's...seemed to affect the rest of the team for a while.

Quilllogic likes this.
  9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Gaffney and James dont score enough so I was delighted that they didnt play together unlike against Barrow. As a result, we scored goals!!!!

Im just relieved that we got 3 points.

Quilllogic likes this.