1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs Barrow Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Nov 29, 2016.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Dec 2, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Barrow Win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Replay

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wombles went 1-0 down after 30 seconds :emoticon-0104-surpr

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Wombles 2-0 down after 20mins cant wait for todays game

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Harrison on instead of James Clarke going for the win then

4. old timer

2 - 1 Down concentrate on the league then shall we
    Bournemouth And AFC Wimbledon both win 4 - 3

5. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I'm frightened to look! I bloody knew we'd make hard work of this! So glad I have to work and couldn't go to the game. Sounds like torture!

6. old timer

No cup run this year then

7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Not good enough! The goals conceded looked pretty soft yet again...

8. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should contact Barrow and put in a bid for Byron Harrisson. At least he seems to know how to finish! Maybe buying half of their defence might not be a bad idea either!

Gasheadseamge79 and Quilllogic like this.
  9. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Same old, same old at the moment.
    Can't seem to get out of this rut.
    Wasn't so long ago that winning was a habit, unfortunately thats completely reversed.
    As I keep saying we've lost the ability to score and whilst the defence may look fragile you can't win matches without banging a few in.

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Some of the players just aren't good enough. Need to start spending in January

GreatWesternGas likes this.

11. Gastronomic

A lot of the players have forgotten the basics. The back four was always pretty solid when McChrystal was playing. And we had very few problems in the air too. And I think Mansell would steady the ship. I don't like blaming the keeper, but he was out of position for their first goal.It would be good to see Mildenhall back at some point because you get the feeling that some of Roos keeping makes the defence edgy. We probably need some new faces. But it could just be that everyone's a bit too comfortable. When Keith Curle went to Carlisle he said that players wouldn't give honest feed back to each other. He changed that and transformed his team's fortunes. Some things definitely need to change. But it's not time to panic...

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well im chessed off. When I seen Gaffney and James both starting up front I said to my mates that we will struggle to score today. Gaffney works hard, we all know that biut he wont score many goals which has been the case since he joined us. James havent even scored full stop has he??? Im guessing DC thought playing them both against a team like Barrow would give them both a chance to gets some goals and increase their confidence. Well that backfired didnt it DC! I would have started Easter instead of 1 of Gaffney or James. And where was our creativity today? Just shocking. We had just 9 chances according to the BBC stats and just 4 of them were on target. Not acceptable when at home vs a side TWO divisions below us.

We are now forming a losing mentality. The players have forgot how to win. Some of our players have even forgot how to score too. And more worringly, some have forgot how to bleeding pass! In recent seasons, we have been poor against lower league opposition. Remember Bath? Remember Chesham? and now add Barrow to that list. The Bath and Chesham defeats didnt harm us though. Instead in both seasons we ended up winning promotion. Thats because we had a winning mentality and we were winning before those defeats and bounced back with good runs. This time seems a lot different. We are losing and losing heavily. We are constantly making individual errors which seem to always get punished. And then add on top of that us being unable to convert the many chances that we create. Going by today, we are now struggling to even create.

This will sound a bit stupid to some but I am massively worried about where we are heading. In the last month or so, some players have been living off last seasons promotion. But that has worn off and a lot are really beginning to show the lack of quality and I think DC will be very busy in January. Good thing is we dont have long to wait until then. We just got to try to steady the ship until then but im hoping DC has targets already and not wasting the whole month looking around.

Our success over the last 2 seasons have been down to us having stability at the back. The same defenders and keeper was were playing week in and week out. But so many team changes by DC at this level is now really begin to hurt us. And expect this to continue as I think DC will keep swapping players around as I dont think he knows his best team and I dont think he can trust his players at the moment. How can he keep leaving out Colkett for example. Just dont make sense. Where is Boateng? Then add DC making a lot of changes in January and then bedding them into the team too will cause delays in us getting stability.

Will certainly be an interesting month. Going by DC's words, he knows who he wants to get rid of. Its time the players start fighting for their career with us to save themselves.

13. Gastronomic

At least we've now got three games against some of the worst teams in the league to try and put things right.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And all 3 will feel they can beat us, especially after todays result!

GreatWesternGas and Quilllogic like this.
  15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

If we had not lost nearly every game in November and still been in the play offs then yesterday's result wouldn't of bothered me to be honest I wish Crawley would of knocked us out now at least they're in the league.

Quilllogic likes this.
  16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm going to look at it from a different more positive way I think :D Swindon lost to Eastleigh in the cup who are hardly setting the National league on fire. Swindon are well below us in the table yet they probably have on paper a more experienced squad then us our squad is considered not good enough by fans and DC and we beat them as well. In the cup we lost to a team who had gone 20 games unbeaten in all competitions before yesterdays game. Thinking of this makes me feel a tiny bit better :emoticon-0136-giggl

17. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Wouldn't worry about it, it's what makes the FA Cup such a great and exciting competition, little clubs doing well against their so say bigger counterparts. Let's face it, It's not as if we haven't all been here before, Hayes, Kettering, Chesham and now Barrow, crumbs, we even nearly got turfed out by VS Rugby of all people hadn't Geoff Meacham got that equaliser more or less from the re-start up there at Butlin Road !

Saturday's game now is what all at the club should be focusing on, I think it has come to the time where for confidence sake at least three points is a must, anything less and I might then start to worry !

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  18. old timer

Barrow v Rochdale