1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gaffer is a Target

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Sky Sport are saying that Malaga, who sacked their manager this week and put a technical guy in tempory charge, are keen on Slavisa Jokanovic.

upload_2016-12-30_14-31-18.jpeg

The local paper meanwhile, is carrying the same story but has added that the Gaffer is in contract talks with the Club.

Source: http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-contract-talks-malaga-eye-fulham-boss

Apart from needing stability after the last 3 years of management-go-rounds, you'd have thought the quality of our football at the moment would be enough to convince Mr Khan. Sitting in the background of course is the degree of autonomy Jocanovic is given in the January window.

Cravingawin likes this.
  2. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

This is now the crucial signing of January for me. Oh and a striker. But we can't lose this guy. He is very good.

2whitestripes likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

In talking to the local paper yesterday after his press conference, the Gaffer said he wasn't that bothered with Fulham being sloths:

"My contract is over in the summer and right now I am committed to my team. It is a very important period in front of us for the team. As I’ve told you before, it is a characteristic of Fulham not to be especially quick. My profession always forces me to act quickly. Sometimes I make some good decisions and some bad decisions, but this is life.

I am fully concentrated on my job at Fulham and the people around me are as well. I am very happy here, it’s a fantastic place. I am a young man and in the summer I will be in this business 100%. Dealing with my contract is not part of my job. I have people around me who deal with that side of things. I am not ready for resting, I am young and full of energy and I will be coaching in the period that is in front of us. I am happy in Fulham.
    "

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I don't think there is too much danger in him leaving whilst we still have the chance of the playoffs. He wants to be in the Premier League and as long as we give him a realistic and short term chance to get there, he'll be happy here.