1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gaffer has the Final Word

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Questioned after the game Jokanovic said:

“He played for his team mates and for Fulham. Everyone knows how important he is for us.

Today he had a good performance and we are happy that he is back. I don’t know why people ask me about Chris Martin so much this is not his first game for Fulham.

He did not refuse to play for us, he is a professional football player. He was a little bit confused with the situation and now he has a clear mind.

I expect he will play for us in the future as well. In general we have to forget about this situation and carry on with preparing for the next game.

This is the best situation for the club and player. I have made it clear he will be with us until the end of the season and that is it.”

2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Can we now assume we are no longer in the market for a striker??

3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Given that Slavisa seems to have little time for Matt Smith and no time for Cauley Woodrow, I think we're still in the market for a striker. Just not a main striker.

All told, I think Slavisa has handled this pretty well. I didn't notice a lack of effort for Martin today and he scored one and set up another. A few more weeks of performances like that and we can really move on.

Cravingawin and Cottager58 like this.
  4. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

I hope we do get another striker as I think we need another option other than Martin. I like Smith, seems like a nice guy and all but he isn't going to get us to where we want to be. The one striker I've always wanted us to get, and we've been linked with him in the past, is Nahki Wells. The way we play now and the amount of chances we're creating each game we need that poacher type striker in the box to make the most of our chances, I like Wells for that spot.

5. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Just need to get SJ to sign a new deal as well.

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

According to Simon Austin, a journalist with the Sun, the Chrexit spat was about money.

He says that when Martin joined on loan he got a wage increase of £3k per week (from £14k to £17k). When McLaren started making noises the assertion is that Martin's agent approached the Club asking for a pay hike to £28k per week. Apart from anything Fulham would have had to invoke the permanent signing clause to effest a change of this kind and the Club declined.

What agreement was reached to end the two week saga remains within the Club, as it should.

Source: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01...28000-from-fulham-amid-derby-interest/321708/

7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Agreed that the info stays private and glad it's over. Cheers McClaren!

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I think we needed a striker before the Chris Martin saga, all this has done has changed the type of striker we need without Chris Martin we we probably needed a big name expensive striker who could go straight in and start scoring, with Martin now back we can probably look at younger strikers with more potential rather than right now ability! Omar Bogle probably fits the bill though Kayode from Vienna intrigues me, I would like to point out I mentioned a few times we should gave gone for Charltons Lookman a year ago when they first got relegated, he has just gone to Everton for £11 million and scored on his debut against Man City.

Cottager58 likes this.