1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The fa cup can go to hell!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, May 10, 2011.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

According to the FA! Talk about killing the goose that laid the golden egg. The blazers that currently run (and I mean that loosely) the FA obviously know the price of everything and the value of nothing! Year after year the traditions of our once great football competition have been eroded until we have been left with a complete farce!

The FA Cup Final used to be the traditional finish to the English domestic season with both finalists being given the undivided attention of the footballing public with the build up to the final being as important as the final itself. This year especially when you consider that both teams, Manc City and Stoke, haven't won a domestic cup for yonks, we have the farcical situation of Premier League games being played on Cup Final day with the near certainty that Man Utd will win the premiership around an hour before the FA Cup final itself!

Call me old fashioned if you like but I think its just another example of the FA showing total disregard to the FA CUP, its traditions and the teams and their fans taking part in the final. The other thing that amazes me is that they draw the rounds of the cup for the next round even before all the ties in the previous rounds have been completed!

It was bad enough when the FA allowed Man Utd to withdraw from the competition altogether back in 2000. Lessons haven't been learned since then and with steadily decling attendances for FA Cup games over the years the public have voted with their feet.

I have carried this article across from the other place just to see who is now on here and posting.

Thoughts?

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think I'm having deja vu JWM.

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Definate copy and paste :)

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

The FA need to find a sponsor for the cup who have some serious clout to insist on coverage, advertising and the likes a la Sky.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

itfcptc of course it is! just wanted to see which 606ers were using this site! Oh and by the way we're signing Copinger from Donny!