1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The FA and FL Cup Thread 2016/17

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have laughed it's now 1-1 :(

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Damn!

3. Whiteley Saint

2-1 now. They sent on Benteke and he's scored them both.

4. fatletiss

Sutton United beating Wimbledon away in a local derby. Winners home to Leeds United.

5. fatletiss

Goooooal Imps!

ImpSaint likes this.
  6. Whiteley Saint

Lincoln 1-0 Ipswich

I think I just heard ImpSaint cheer. :)

ImpSaint likes this.
  7. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Imps Saint will be going berserk right now !

ImpSaint likes this.
  8. Libby

Libby 9-0

Well done Lincoln! <applause>

ImpSaint and OddRiverOakWizards like this.
  9. fatletiss

We might not see Impsaint for a few days.... that's going to be some party!

ImpSaint and Libby like this.
  10. Whiteley Saint

FT Lincoln win.

ImpSaint likes this.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Well done Sutton too... home to Leeds. Cracking cup tie that.

12. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Well done Impsy,both your teams pegged back in extra time and both through after replays.:1980_boogie_down:

13. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wednesday 25th January 2017

Liverpool v Southampton
    MARTIN ATKINSON
    Steve Child and Adam Nunn
    Fourth Official Paul Tierney

14. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I'll post something tomorrow. I am worn out. I have never seen so many grown men with tears in their eyes.....before the game let alone during and after. Grown men were walking into the stadium seeing how full it was and welling up on the spot and it just reminds me how the link I have always had with Saints doesn't mean that much to me anymore. I still love Saints but the link is not there anymore in the same way it went in the early years of the Prem........another period where I went and became a City season ticket supporter.

Don't get me wrong Saints are in my heart but where the whole "Saints going to admin" awoke something in me and those seasons in L1,C and then Prem. it has disappeared very quickly since Adkins went. My lamp pendant is still hanging off the broken hole in the ceiling from that Billy Sharp goal when I jumped for joy in my living room and smashed the lampshade. (the last game of the championship after my Reading loss meltdown.)

But tonight I watched a team of £600 a week players dominate a game against a Championship team for the second time in 10 days and that should say something about the spirit this city/region has at the moment.........and no I won't go political. lol.

Shattered and deafened. I hope the TV didn't turn the crowd down tonight because Ipswich were very loud and we tried our best to drown them out. TV often makes games sound like there is no sound at all...........Wow. My boys took ages to calm down.

I should add that I was one of those grown men. My eldest (aspergers) son said (before the match started) "Dad why are you crying?" and I could not say anything. I just went Brrrr. It was a very emotional moment. He will understand one day.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  15. ImpSaint

I'll leave you with a couple of comments from a (the) lincoln forum. I do the same there as I/we do on Saints. I don't read the comments during the games even when watching Saints on stream and read the whole thread after the game starts after. It's good to see how others view the game because your own eyes can be skewed by the emotion. You can then often see the "you what" or "I agree" from your own point of view.

Who was it asked how far we could go. Well the answer is if that is the standard of the Championship then that is how far we can go.

This one is pretty far fetched with our budget because although we do have investment there are 5 or 6 other clubs in the national league that are bankrolled in terms of their supporters would need to pay £200 a game for their ticket to break even. We have investment that tides us over (barring FA Cup Runs and feelgood attendances like we are getting now.)

Watched the game live in Perth - absolutely brilliant. We matched a Championship side over two games & thoroughly deserved to win. Marriot was pure class to hold the ball as he did and his pass was pure quality that Ipswich couldn't match. Arnold was also pure class being calm enough to time his run, commit the keeper & go round him to finish. The fans were brilliant and again outclassed Ipswich - we took 5,000 to their place but they could only manage 1,000 & didn't take up their full allocation.
    In the Fourth Round - what a season. Now for Dover on Friday!

As with all teams we have our fair share of overseas fans and this game was distributed worldwide. My parents in law and other family on my wife's side watched it in Portugal, initially probably for a laugh and then thinking "why does this "sheet" [sic] English 5th tier club get more than Sporting do when they're not playing a top 5 team.

Nothing for Saints but imps fans around the world have been going mad all day on facebook that they get to see their team live without having to stream radio.

And in closing Imps are live on BT Sport on Friday at home to Dover (already 6,000 sold) and then on BT Sport again on Tuesday away to Barrow (attendance will be lower cough, cough.) both games are contenders for the title. Small TV fees but still to a little club like Lincoln is great income and exposure.............and the managers are signed up now till 2021 so hands off :) We had a gem in Adkins. Saints don't deserve these guys.

Another:
    You know it's a great win when your grandmother posts about in on Facebook!

Sorry I am buzzing like mad and so drunk. Should add got the kids home then went for it............<cheers>

16. ImpSaint

17. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Well done Imps, good luck against Brighton!...:emoticon-0148-yes:

ImpSaint likes this.
  18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Seconded.

Brighton is winnable too. Given their position in the Championship doubt they'll go full strength.

ImpSaint likes this.
  19. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

ImpSaint likes this.
  20. ImpSaint

touche.

and ............Ipswich main forum is in a meltdown Saints fans would not ever understand. lol. Even I would seem in full on happy clapper mode still compared to them. Manager out! Chairman/owner/shirt sponsor out! Bring back George Burley. lol