1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The English Swansea

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Will we relegate then this afternoon?

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I hope we take 3 points from them, then it's up to others whether they go down today or not.

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

well seems Cardiff were fking terrible again yesterday............my boy went up for it, he came home a little earlier than I expected which took me by surprise being dads taxi service, first thing I said was your early and its a long way 2 travel for a fking nil nil game dude>>>>>>the first thing he said 2me was we walked out of the game on 60 minutes due 2cardiff city players not giving a fk dad..............now this isn't the only time this year I thought our players had disrespect for Cardiff city fans who travel the country giving up valuable days off and spending much needed monies....................shame on our club for allowing such half arsed performances ...........if I were tan I`d employ someone 2 keep an eye on the easy street boys..............2me if its not 100% each and every game from our players and manager then they shouldn't have a contract with my club at all.

GRAVY TRAIN TWATS

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Had I seen the team before hand I would have said it had 0-0 all over it.

5. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

i get what you're saying Aber but i think it's more that the players don't have much to play for anymore and don't really want to get injuries to keep them out of pre season

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

These sort of games are what I feared and posted about a couple of weeks back. Nothing to play for except to get through the rest of the season.

It's why I suggested relegation playoffs for the bottom 6 like the top 6 for promotion. That way we'd get teams up to mid table looking over their shoulders to stay out of that bottom 6 for the last few weeks not just the bottom 3 - that would include the likes of us.

7. aberdude

pity they(the players) didn't tell people who pay good money 2travel, don't bother because we don't give 2 fks if we win lose or draw.......maybe its me but I never played the game without wanting 2 smash the opposition into the ground with goals, goals and more goals..........maybe just maybe one day the Cardiff fans will show the same respect back by not turning up for such half arsed pr icks.

ps was gonna try getting my daughter into the game by taking her down Friday>>>>>>>not any more I will keep my money secure in my pocket and fk Cardiff city

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Should be interesting to see how Newcastle treat the game on Friday now they're up but they do have an outside chance of the title.

Same applies to Huddersfield, assuming they are in play off spot. Recall city playing a lot of reserves v Derby away in our final fixture already with top 6 spot secured.

The season in reality ended weeks ago.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Will go one of two ways. They'll either be on the beach or they'll play without pressure, the latter being a problem for us.

10. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Even more so for us if our guys are at Barrybados!!!

I wasn't there last Saturday but not sure if the criticism is totally justified. There were 5 changes from the previous week including a keeper who had not played for the first team since January, Connolly who we have hardly seen lately and a youngster having his first league outing. Add to that no recognised centre forward and another young lad getting his first league experience off the bench, against a team fighting for their survival in the Championship.

From the reports I have seen, Manga and Morrison were excellent and Gunnar held the fort in midfield. I accept that Pilks (who doesn't know if he is a centre forward, a no. 10 or a winger), Noone and Harris (who has gone right off the boil lately as contract talks seem to be stumbling) were poor and unable to keep possession upfront putting pressure on the rest of the team.

While overall the performance was not satisfactory, with those changes I was content, if not happy, with a 0 - 0.

11. aberdude

so lots walking out of the game after 60 mins doesn't mean the team was complete bollokx.................maybe a nil nil from the comfort of your own chair doesn't seem a bad result but if you did travel and wasted money whilst giving up your entire Saturday im sure you`d have a different opinion.

as for being content with a nil nil against a team who deserve relegation............that's all sandcastles 2 me and easily washed away by the tide of not giving a fk players

12. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

If you look at the reports Aber I think you will find that Manga, Morrison and Gunnar in particular did not just keel over and the fact that a more or less scratch team got something of a result was not a total waste of effort. In any event all teams have off days and thankfully ours has had fewer of those since Colin took over.

With a scratch team the football was hardly likely to scintillating and I wouldn't argue that the front three did little to help matters or secure their future at the club - that's their problem and I will be surprised if any of those start against Newcastle on Friday.

As for "the comfort of my own armchair", having just moved house that comment is pretty wide of the mark.

If your son and his mates chose to walk out, that is their decision but not everyone's. It's always a risk spending money on travel, tickets, beer etc going to away games and I've lost more than a few quid on those over the years. All part and parcel of following football.

As ever Aber you and I have different opinions and I have no problem with that. That's what the forum is all about after all. <ok>

13. aberdude

a scratch team in the 2nd division of England <laugh>>>>>>>>>>>>well well we are worse shape than I thought if that's the case <ok>

im not sure we always disagree dude <laugh>....<<<you know I couldn't agree hey bfb <laugh>

from the comfort of your armchair is just a saying dude........thought you may have heard the term before but hey ho there we go.....still Saturday they(my son and 400-500 others) were there and didn't need 2read a report of the game they judged it and walked out which tells more of a story of how things went than some fake news journo wannabe