1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The end of the United way

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Oct 18, 2016.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

The biggest troll on here is a guy called Math surely

2. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I'm not a troll you are, You're always camped on our board for some reason.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's just following the bus <ok>

4. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

<laugh>.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Honest criticism but I think you're wrong about homegrown local lads. Firstly, the four other teams you've quoted as being better than us atm - City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal. How many of them are consistently putting out more local lads or youth players into the 1st team than United (even under Mourinho, LVG and Moyes)??

Secondly we have at least 2 local lads who are playing plenty of games.

My final point is probably the most important. Have a look at Mata's face, Pogba's, Blind's, Martial's, Herrera's at the end of the game against Chelsea. Mata in particular was completely ****ed off. The problem isn't that these players are playing. The problem is these players are NOT playing. Starting the likes of Fellaini in midfield (or Rooney in midfield) before these guys, as they watch from the bench, must be soul destroying. And yet our two games prior to the loss against Chelsea - who were our stand out performers? Mata and Herrera.

The 1st half performance against CFC was gutless, I won't argue there. The players looked clueless and indifferent. But imagine you're playing with a lumbering oaf like Fellaini who offers absolutely FCK ALL and is being told to go up field and support Ibrah. Then imagine you're Lingard and Rashford being told to stay back and cover the flanks. Every time Herrera or Pogba gain possession, their only hope is to pass to Fellaini who will lose the ball, OR punt it to an isolated Ibrah because there are NO wide players bombing forwaard because they're far to busy hanging with the full-backs! If you're one of those players, you either don't believe in the tactics or you're just not used to playing them. When that happens, ofcourse you become clueless and indifferent.

Diego likes this.
  6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

But but but Jose promised he would honour United's attacking traditions. He PROMISED!

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Have your team won a couple recently or something? I don't think you have posted this much for years.

Stan likes this.
  8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He saw a bendy bus yesterday and the excitement hasn't worn off yet

Diego likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And he has. All your goals came from counter attacks <ok>

Not that, that has anything to do with what I posted above. You're having a mare.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Four tricky games in a short period...

Liverpool - draw
    Fenerbache - win
    Chelsea - loss
    Man City - win

Ofcourse we could've bitched and moaned about such a fixture list like some clubs and managers <whistle> but in the grand scheme of things, is that a reasonable return? I have to say the results aren't as bad, but the performances are what's letting us down atm.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If we hadn't literally given 4 goals away on Sunday that would not be a bad set of results.

God help the rest when we are not spiralling down in crisis anymore, if we just level off or (god forbid) improve we could actually contend for something <yikes>

Treble likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We need to build momentum, even if it's with some ugly wins early on so we build confidence in the players and a winning mentality. This is a quality squad but far too inconsistent. Ultimately I want the performances, but I don't think they're capable of that until they're settled.

We've got a reasonably good run coming up. I just hope Mourinho has them motivated and up for every game. If we can get to xmas with a team full of confidence and finally linking up with each other, we'll go into the new year contending for something.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Any views on Schneiderlin tonight, I thought he looked a lot better than he has so far but was high alongside Pogba much of the time. That was a good chance for Pogba to drop deeper and run onto the ball more but it didn't happen.
    Morgan got stuck in, won and intercepted the ball a fair bit and his retention and passing was far better than it has been, maybe his confidence is coming back or maybe City were just weak.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It was a cameo for the last 20 mins iirc. I agree, he was too far forward and I felt him and Pogba ended up far too close to each other down that left side for some reason. I was just glad to see him getting game time. One more reason why Fellaini should not be playing. I'm hoping the good news from playing him tonight was Mourinho intends to play him against Burnley. Carrick won't be playing so he has every chance.

Diego likes this.
  15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<laugh>

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<laugh>

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

^^^^ #fear

please log in to view this image

18. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

50 years of bus rides for Chelsea before winning their first title ....then another 50 years of bus rides till they won their next one . Those wheels on the bus were sure going round and round