1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The end is near

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, May 17, 2013.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

So sundays game at the DW is to be our last in the prem and who knows when we shall return but with 8 seasons under our belt its bean a merry go round of time and with all the managers we've had and all the players that have come and gone who would have thought it would lasted this long but one thing is shure that our timing could not have been any better for wining the best football compation in the world the FA cup will live in the fans memorys for a long time to come so come on the latics faithfull lets make tomorrows game the best yet.
    So hears fromthestands signing of from the greats football league in the world.

2. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Don't turn up a day early From, it's Sunday!

Will be an interesting new chapter for us. Wonder whether Bobby will leave, and take large chunks of the squad and we have to completely rebuild - or will we be largely the same, with the same manager testing himself in the Europa League group stages. We'll find out in the summer. WHatever happens we're planning our first overseas trip to support the Latics!

I was at the end of season meal last night, Uncle Dave was very bullish. Back in the PL for 14-15 he reckons.

Whatever. Looking forward to a party on Sunday and then the Cup gets paraded through the town on Monday.

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

A very Big thank you HP for reminding me HP i think i was caught up in the emotion of the post that and the dog was barking her brains out a next doors cat.

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

I think the parade on monday finishes at the market squire.

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

To tell you truth HP if bobby m gets the nod from anouther club i think he'll be of but i very mutch hope he stays i no alott of people slaged him of for his style of play but you've got to look at the bigger picture and see how far we've come in a short space of time.

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I haven't really been one to slag him off for his style of play but I have slagged him off for his continued use of Gomez who, while being a good player in some regards is physically out of his depth at the PL level. He lacks mobility and the whole side becomes tremendously static when he plays. A player can lack mobility if he makes up for it in other ways - Gomez doesn't. A classic example was away to QPR, when they invited us on and we couldn't break them down because it was all balls to feet and lack of movement. They just defended on the edge of their box and we had no trick to break them down.

But by far the biggest problems we've had this year have been defensive - both injuries and mistakes. The fact that we have had such a bad season for injuries this time shows us that we touched lucky before. But the defensive mistakes we make in crucial games are just as much of a reason. Look at Swansea in the last few weeks, or Liverpool at home.

7. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

I think you are correct in what you say about Gomez for me he was always a game changer and as scored some very good goals for us but as the season as gone on he has never realy showed what he can do and as such as'nt realy help't pull the team along i noticed this last week in the FA cup and realy i thougjt it was the right choise to bring Watson on because in the end he scored the wining goal. But it was'nt you who i ment about slagging bobby m of but other people on other web site's

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Gomez is a decent player at championship level, so might see him play a lot more next season, but at the minute I'm just curious weather Martinez will stay or go and which players stay or leave.

9. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Good point about Gomez BCFC but with roberto its not if but when.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good luck next season hope you manage promotion back to the PL on the first attempt. <ok>

11. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Hey iovegonzo your a Liverpool man are you gona make the latics your second team it would be good if you did.

12. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

From the stands, hws it going chap ?
    Who do expect to come in to replace rm