1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Eastleigh FC Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintMarv, Sep 18, 2016.

1. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Eastleigh are paying a lot of their journeymen players double that amount, in some cases, more. As for Martin Allen, a terrible appointment, he'll be gone in a month.

2. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

He won't do much for this season but he is very good at L2/VNL level which isn't a huge amount of difference. Next season is more the aim for Eastleigh now.

As for your "double that amount" statement. Just goes to show how clubs like Tranmere and Lincoln (Top2) are having to do very very well to stay ahead of the sugar daddy clubs of which there are a few in this league. Lincoln did used to pay double in the early noughties in L2 but these days top players are in the £600 region.

I would suggest though that we have signed players that will al be in the £600 area with not many "lower" earners. We can;t compete with Forest Green (and it seems Eastleigh) because we have a big ground (for this level) that costs money to open and have no financier. Our "high" investor is putting in £400k over the next 5 years and we are happy with that. Difference is this club has a fanbase and since we (I and I am not going to be at all modest) have been very vocal on local forums about the club's use of social media. The big investor posts on the main Lincoln forum.

I pointed him to what Saints do. Silly facebook short videos etc and he said "but we can't afford a PR team." And I said why do you need to afford anyone? You have 2 universities and an opportunity for students to get real experience as part of their course.

The City facebook has "exploded" wit grass mowing vids etc with ridiculous 10000+ viewings and we opened with 1000+on the gate. They have continued with it all and to be fair to them done it very well and our gates are crazy now. 6300 in the fifth tier against Tranmere last time out. Everybody in the city (not a small city anymore, its a bigger version of Winchester these days) and I expect at least 5k will turno out on NYD to watch Lincoln City vs Guiseley who?

I love Saints but I live a long way from Southampton and the matchday experience beats watching my Saints on a stream. Both my boys agree and have Lincoln shirts this season. Part down to the ****e bra shirts I will admit.

3. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

Eastleigh have signed striker Darius Henderson 35 from Mansfield Town

4. SaintMarv

Eastleigh are looking for a new manager again Martin Allen sacked

5. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Inevitable. He's won... what, twice since he got to Eastleigh. Shipped out 19 players and brought in 13. So the soul of that successful squad may have altered. When I saw his name originally, I thought it was an exciting appointment, but he's been rubbish. Buy a house for Ronnie Moore and get him back.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

8. TheSofaSaint

TheSofaSaint Active Member

Well CBK called it. Ok so he lasted more than a month but not much more. Their form has been woeful hoping shill can sort out the end to the season.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  9. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Indeed, hat's off to CBK, although he won't be here on the forum to read it as Saints haven't lost recently enough. ;)

Saints Fan4Life and fatletiss like this.
  10. SaintMarv

Richard Hill has been made permanent manager of Eastleigh FC with Andy Hassenthaler as his assistant

11. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Good a bit of stability for them after a very mixed up Season, we could use a bit of stability right now.

12. SaintMarv

Eastleigh on the verge of signing ex Cherries and Pompey Danny Hollands