1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Easter Fixtures Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Mar 20, 2016.

?

How points will we get over Easter?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2016.
  1. 0pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1pt

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. 2pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3pts

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. 4pts

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. 6pts

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

This thread is for the two Easter fixtures versus Cambridge United on Friday 25th and Carlisle United on Monday 28th all news and build up to these games will appear on this thread and will be used for the Carlisle game as the matchday thread (if anyone is around :D)

The poll will close on Friday March 25th, 2016 at 11:04 AM. :emoticon-0148-yes:

You may change your vote and anytime if you wish but must be changed by the above date and time. :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Going for 3 points. Think we will lose vs Cambridge on Friday. We will miss Lockyer big time. I think we will beat Carlisle (still without Lockyer).

Missing 2 strikers too, McBurnie who looks lively since joining us and Harrison who was super sub again yesterday getting a goal from the bench.

DC said yesterday that Gaffney is not 100% so guess cant complete 90 mins in 1 go. This means Easter will get a chance and will have to take it. Gaffney against his former club with Taylor and Easter coming in from the bench. Carlisle I think Easter will start with Taylor.

I wouldnt be surpised though that DC uses Bodin as a striker and put young Broom out wide the way he was praising him yesterday!

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I was thinking the other way round myself, McBurnie and Harrison don't start anyway so not that worried about them plus Gaffney is back and we've been winning with Taylor and Easter up-front anyway, yes we will miss Lockyer but we have J.Clarke, Parkes and McChrystal if DC wants to play wingbacks again :emoticon-0148-yes: I just think having to travel up to Carlisle so soon might be a bit to much. :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Playing on Friday gives us an extra day, are Carlisle playing on Friday or Saturday, if they are playing on Saturday it gives them a day less to recover from any knocks the players pick up and hopefully now we have a little money with the board we will travel up on Sunday

6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Carlisle are away to Yeovil on Friday so they got an even longer journey then us :D

7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Don't think the international duties will make much difference. And we're on a roll. 4 or 6 points...

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

All games are Friday and Monday this time <ok>

9. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Last Time Out

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I wonder what treatment Gaffney will get from the Cambridge players!!

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Hopefully it will inspire him to score :D

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And not get a red card!

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

He can do that after his hatrick

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Which leaves Easter and Taylor and Fallon of he is still with us!

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

INTERVIEW: BEN WILLIAMSON - CAMBRIDGE

Back among the goals at the weekend, U’s striker Ben Williamson is looking forward to pushing on in Sky Bet League Two over the Easter period.

The 27-year old netted twice against Yeovil Town on Saturday afternoon, to end a run of four games without a goal as well as ensuring the U’s took maximum points.

Speaking to Cambridge-United.co.uk, the striker said he was pleased to be back on the score sheet but importantly aid the U’s in their play-off push.

He said: “I was obviously delighted to get on the score sheet, not once but twice. It was a big win for the team and has allowed us to keep on the tails of the top seven.

“When the teams around us win, it is important we do the same to keep in contention and obviously when they don’t it opens up the chance to close the gap.

“The three points have set up the two games over the Easter break nicely, where again we can look to push on.”

He continued: “When you go a few games without a goal, as a striker you start thinking, where is it going to come from?

“But you have to stick it out, work hard to get into the box and on Saturday I scored two, perhaps should have even had three or four. However, I’ll take the two which give me good confidence and more importantly we are happy with the three points.”

With the U’s facing two of the division’s top three sides in the next seven days, Bristol Rovers and Oxford United, Williamson is under no illusion of the difficult task facing United.

However, buoyed by back-to-back positive performances, Williamson is convinced the men in amber and black have what it takes to come through the clashes in good shape.

“Easter is a big time of the season, going away to Bristol for starters will be tough especially considering they have come off a big 4-1 win.

“If we can go there and produce a performance like we know we can do, then there really isn’t any reason why we can’t go there and win.”

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Stephen Martin is the ref vs Cambridge.
    He was the ref in our home game this season vs Notts Co which ended 0-0.
    He hasnt been ref for Cambridge this season. He was ref once last season for Cambridge in a 1-1 away game at Newport.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Darren England is our ref vs Carlisle.
    He was ref for Carlisle this season away at Port Vale in the JPT. Vale won 1-0.
    He was ref for us recently in our home game vs Morecame that we won 2-1. This was the Al-Qadi's 1st game at owner! This ref gave Morecambe a penalty for a Parkes handball which I thought was harsh as it looked like it his his stomach. That gave them a 1-0 lead. We didnt play well in the 1st half and I remember DC took J Clarke off in the 1st half after 30 mins to change tactics. We ended up scoring 2 and then the ref sent off a Morecambe player with 10 mins to go for pulling Sinclair down to the ground by his hair!!!

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Six points. We're on a roll.

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

20. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator