1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Has Caster Semenya come back bigger and stronger? Diamond League 800 at Doha.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Cyclonic

I love this ****. The Men's 3000m from Doha on the 5th. Brilliant win.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

"Oh my goodness......................... " :)

4. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

One of my idols Oddy, and I know some can't stomach golf but Tiger is a true hero, brought the game on financially and technically. He may never be back to his best or may never catch Nicklaus but take this, he has been the greatest golfer there has ever been. Shot selection and technique is the model all modern pros try to emulate. I was a decent sports person myself but having saw Woods live at many events, is one of the minority I came away from in awe.

Thanks for the reminder.

OddDog and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  5. Cyclonic

The ever flamboyant John "The Wild Thing" Daley picked up his first win since 2004 in taking out his maiden PGA Champions Tour title when he won the Insperity Invitational. He pocketed US$322,500 for the over 50s victory. The win was pretty ugly at the end though, he finished with three straight bogeys but just managed to hang on to win by a stroke. Well done big John. <applause>

Love the pants.

please log in to view this image

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  6. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

One really should not bother with people like this, but this meeting of Holocaust deniers was certainly a meeting of certifiable lunatics? The Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site has, to their credit, been kept intact by the authorities here, and I did do my personal pilgrimage to this place many years ago; I will never forget the visit. It is there for all to see. Dachau is just under 30km north-west of Munich:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ng-auschwitz-hitler-revisionist-a7719291.html

How on earth can this collection of idiots deny this ever happened?

"In the west, camps were discovered and liberated by the western Allies as well, including the Bergen-Belsen camp on 15 Apr 1945. Dwight Eisenhower toured the remnants of a concentration camp near the town of Gotha in Apr 1945 and recorded his experience that was indescribable with words: "I have never felt able to describe my emotional reactions when I first came face to face with indisputable evidence of Nazi brutality and ruthless disregard of every shred of decency.... I have never at any other time experienced an equal sense of shock." "

http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=136

7. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Not sure if a 'Like' is appropriate when reading or reviewing articles on these f****n' idiots. Have recently reread and viewed 'The Hitler Diaries' and 'Selling Hitler' respectively and the worst thing about this hoax was the credence it gave to David Irving. What gets to me is that there are continually 'new' people willing to believe such crap. Is it plain antisemitism or a need to be in the spotlight for whatever spurious reason.

Better sign off while I am still in thoughtful mode and have not reached downright anger and disgust.

I remember one trip when my Mum and I took the 'S' out to Dachau. I was not too keen to visit the 'Camp' but my Mum, in her wisdom., suggested it was appropriate that we should. The small museum with the black and white images and the facts and figures made stark viewing and reading. We returned to the bahnhof and walked up to the village centre. I remember sitting on the veranda of a large hotel with a Weissbier wondering if the locals, at the time, realised what was taking place a few kilometres away. Fortunately we were returning to the city for a visit to Daglfing so I did not get the opportunity to open my big Scottish gob!

8. SwanHills

Yes, 'like' is hardly the appropriate word to use. You know, we visited the main synagogue in Munich on an 'open day' several years ago. It was constructed between 2004 and 2006, and forms part of a complex which includes a museum and a community centre. Certainly built like a fortress, and access to the synagogue itself is though an underground tunnel from the main entrance hall of the adjacent community centre. Was an absorbing two or three hours. Men had to wear a Kippah on the back of their heads, and I tried to walk out with mine still on. The good lady at the exit to the synagogue itself had to remind me that I was finished with it for now, and would I "please return it"!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohel_Jakob_synagogue,_Munich

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. bayernkenny

Will always remember just before leaving spending a fair amount of time in each of the Protestant and Jewish memorials; think it is the only time my dear old Mum has managed to keep her trap shut! She did however go into overdrive at the trotting; fortunately we were sharing a table in the cafe/restaurant with a group of Muncheners who thought her either a novelty or a touch dippy!

Great times; wish the auld stumer could take some hash/coke or other medicinal substance which would allow her to visit Munich for our family jaunt to the Christmas markets later this year.

Thinking about your misadventure with the 'Kippah' I always visit particular churches during my stays in the larger cities. Always very conscious about removing my headwear of whatever kind during these contemplative rests.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  10. SwanHills

:emoticon-0100-smile Please let me know if you find the right 'medicinal substance', as I too find it a bit tough to go to Riem or Daglfing any more! When I can't manage Widmann (coming up shortly!) or the 'Indian', think I'll just say "'f**k it!" <laugh>

bayernkenny likes this.

11. bayernkenny

I think the medicinal substance required to get my Mum from the care home in Edinburgh to Zum Durnbrau in Munich would 'take' you a great deal 'further' than Riem or Daglfing.

Simple pleasures old boy!

SwanHills likes this.
  12. SwanHills

Lewis Black's discourse on Bankers, The Economy/Economics, Capitalism (Unregulated), Mortgages, etc., etc.

bayernkenny likes this.
  13. SwanHills

Note to the many youngsters on this forum. Please be careful and ensure that your dates are not "Karate Kates", like this one!

Ouch! <yikes>

14. Cyclonic

I wanna be a slave to fashion. But I don't have the balls to go out and spend $425 on a pair of mud jeans. It wasn't all that long ago that the same company marketed jeans with what they called "knee windows." Silly me, and here was I thinking they were holes. :emoticon-0138-think

15. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

16. Cyclonic

Someone told me this is Oddy. Surely not?

17. OddDog

Staff Member

Something went wrong with your image upload Cyc (at least I can't see it). But I'm sure forumites across the globe are imagining you posted a photo of a witty, charming, handsome and talented individual <ok>

18. Cyclonic

Absolutely Oddy, you can trust me. <laugh>

19. OddDog

Staff Member

Ah I can see it on my i-phone.

Cheeky **** <laugh>

20. Cyclonic