1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Daily Arsenal

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Jul 17, 2015.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not lowering myself to anything. You're being a hypocrite.
    Criticising people for posting provocative stuff is fine, as long as you're not doing the same thing yourself.

Every post that you make, regardless of it's actual content, contains a bunch of stuff that's effectively this to Spurs and Chelsea fans: :emoticon-0173-middl
    I don't have a problem with that, but you can't slag off other people for doing the same to you.

2. I don't insult anybody. I might have a pop at a fan-base, but I don't single anyone out for criticism.

Having a laugh with someone is fine, but when it strays into calling them disgusting names, or making personal attacks on them (the usual one I get is an attack on my intelligence), that's is utterly unacceptable. There is no excuse for it.

3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

signature fixed

enigma and PINKIE like this.
  4. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Posting a disclaimer doesn't free you from liability. Sorry.
    If HIAG had one is his sig, then I doubt you'd feel any different.

5. I wouldn't lower myself, PNP.

6. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I meant when you used to do the odd bit of WUMming, HIAG. Obviously... <whistle>

BobbyD and Hoddle is a god like this.
  7. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

What like Huag does in everyone of his pathetic wum threads

8. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

My point validated

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

You're literally admitting that you're copying the guy that you're calling a ****.
    I'm not sure how you think this helps your point.

10. Yes, that was different. Then, it was open season in the fair game market.

Having said that, I still wouldn't launch a personal and nasty attack on anyone. I'll have a laugh with someone, but where's the fun (or wit) is simply calling someone a ****? That's bang out of order.

11. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

Where have I literally admitted anything

you made the comment about having a disclaimer and I remarked that is what Hiag does in all his threads.

There is a hell of a difference between me writing "don't read this if offended" which is a warning, and writing "No wumming please" or "remember to keep this wum free" and then writing a post or thread that is specifically done to wind up opposing fans and get a bite (which is the definition of wumming).

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Oh dear. PISKIE's one-man cavalry is getting her knickers in a twist

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  13. It's being plastered all over the press that Wenger has £200m to spend, in order to bring in decent players.
    <doh>

Doesn't the club realise that every player they now go for is going to be double the price? They are going to get mugged-off, both by the selling club and the in-coming player!

This is ****-wittedness of the highest order!

Can I nominate the entire Arsenal team and Wenger for inclusion in the "village idiot" list?

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Seems an odd comment when obviously the entire Arsenal side is home grown because they don't spend money....apparently. <whistle>

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair, Arsenal's squad is shaping up quite nicely and a couple of astute signings could really push them towards a title tilt. You just know Wenger won't do it though, he continuously fails to address key positions year on year.

Are there any 5 1/2 foot midgets who can play in triangles available? cos he'll be all over them though.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  16. Stan

Stan Stalker

Wenger needs to go out and get a bull of a striker. He'd then have a squad that can challenge for the league.

Bizarrely Benteke would have been a better fit for Arsenal than he is for Liverpool.

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think they need to be looking at a slightly better player than Benteke. Would 32.5 million be a significant improvement on Giroud? Debateable.

If they've got the money, why not a 40 million Cavani bid? They should have also gone all out for Vidal.

That's be around 80 million on Cech, Cavani and Vidal which would make a really good first 11 with experience and a real combative element.

They could then make half that back selling Wilshire to City ;)

18. It doesn't matter who Arsenal bring in, they'll still play the same old flakey football that they've always played. Sure, it works great against teams that allow them to play their own game, but when they come up against the Stokes of this world, they are crushed, because they simply cannot mix it. Hell! when we ran them off the park, last season, it was because Poch was prepared to mix our undeniable skillful footy with a little bit of bone-crunching play. This is why I'll never understand why Wenger got this "Le Prof" title! It's all complete bollocks! If Mark Hughes can out-wit Wenger, anyone can.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He's definitely a pretty one dimensional manager. Similar could be said of Pep and Pelligrini I guess but they've normally got better players at their disposal. Arsenal normally get found out in the real big games because they can't just stroll round the opposition like they do most weeks in the prem.

20. Midfielder Mesut Ozil can produce his best season since he joined the club, says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
    (BBC Football website)

Well, yeah, he could, Mr Wenger; but, equally, he could have a completely ****e season, where the pop-eyed German gets "found out" around every corner.