1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the current premiership

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by matty elliot's balding cranium, Jan 29, 2011.

1. matty elliot's balding cranium

I reckon we have at least an equal starting 11 to the following 7 current premiership teams

wolves
    westbrom
    fulham
    wigan
    birmingham
    blackpool
    newcastle

and a better manager with more pulling power(in the football sense!) than probably the majority.so if we do go up and assuming three of the above go down - we would stand a decent chance with more strenghening to stay up!

2. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

I agree <ok>

If we went up I'd expect us to stay up. We need a better bench but like you say Sven has the pulling power and we have the money. Of course football isn't played on paper but with the players we've got (assuming we sign up the loans) we are good enough to be comfortable in the Premiership. With the money and Sven we really should be taking the chance to repeat the success of the On'Neill years, and hopefully better.

But we've still got to get there first.

3. Joethemightyone_LCFC

The hardest part is getting there!

Once we are there I can't see us going down easily!

We will attract top players as well!

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

On Paper Blackpools squad is really weak but football wasnt played on paper if it was we would have ran away with the league. Our squad is very strong and at the end of the season if we dont go up Yakubu and Naughton go back to their clubs they will need replacing as they are big players for us at the moment. We could get promoted this season but if we dont we will have to get promoted next season as we cant hang around this divison much longer. Sven is building a team to get us up and short term loans and then when we go up just think who Sven could get. With us attracting people like Yakubu and Kirkland in this league big name players will want to join us in the prem with Sven here