1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Coventry game protests - 15 Oct

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Oct 5, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Sure, but if anything these talks with Meire bring further ammunition, and in turn more media coverage.

It's also not very democratic, but they never have been.

CARD - we want your help and money, but not your views

The Kish likes this.
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Let's face it, talking to Roland's lapdogs will never achieve anything. If Roland himself made the offer that would be different, but that ain't gonna happen. The only argument in favour of actually holding talks is for the PR value, but Roland's lost that, and he doesn't care. In Belgium maybe but not here. The reason I'm boycotting is not because I think it'll work, I admit I've no idea what will work. I detest the idea of giving my dosh to a man who holds me and you in contempt.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Handing over the dosh is becoming increasingly hard to justify, added to the fact that the Football on offer is dire & the whole 'Charlton experience' is crap.

I watched a video of the pig protests taken from the Coventry end, and what was startling was just how empty our three stands looked from the away end. Nowhere near the reported 11,000 there yesterday. More like 8,000.

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

When sounding off the reasons for disliking KM, several of the key points come from her talks.

It would have been a tougher decision than I'm perhaps making it sound, but the line is now drawn that there is no correspondence. But then Ben Hayes does it under the Bromley addicks umbrella, (no one believes he isn't a part of CARD, we understand how these things work <ok>). That makes it all the more laughable imo

5. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I have clearly needled Hayes by Tweeting all week about his well known love of free vol au vents.

What was the first thing the self professed ignorer of trolls did on entering the meeting room yesterday - Tweet a picture saying there were sarnies but nothing more <cheers><laugh>

6. ForestHillBilly

Well that's the dilemma we all face. We keep in touch by going to away games, coming on this forum or twitter or others, going to U-18 or U-21 games, but at the end of the day it's not the same. Part of home games is giving financial support, buying program, merchandise etc. Now we have a regime which dismisses that support as "only one third" and generally gives the message that we are little more than a pile of ****, you wonder how to keep supporting Charlton. It's a painful situation for each and every fan. Yesterday we won 3-0, who was celebrating? I can't see the Charltonspirit returning until Roland sells. By that time we may be in the Conference, but I'd take that for the pleasure of getting Our Charlton back.

7. ForestHillBilly

The protest and march were quite enjoyable, but at the end of the day I feel a bit annoyed that I gave Roland some of my dosh, so from now on it's away games only for me.

8. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Bill and I are going to 'meet and greet' brb next Saturday so anybody who wants to meet up just give one of us a PM <ok>