1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The chances of MS being here next season.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TIGERSCAVE, Feb 12, 2017.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Not knowing what the contractual obligations are, like everything else its open to conjecture, I was looking at the Premiership and wondering WHERE MS might go if we were unlucky enough to lose him. It may be abroad of course. But, in the premiership, any team coming up is 99.9% unlikely to ship their manager. For me that leaves the following assuming and only assuming that some of these teams manage to beat the drop. I've discounted Slumberland as I think they've gone.

Palace (Allardyce) , Leicester (Ranieri) , Watford (Lazari) , Southampton (Puel), West Ham (Bilic) Arsenal (Wenger)

Out of those, the only two real options I think he would have would be West Ham and Leicester . Bilic's new contract is dependent on a top 8 finish according to the press... Leicester (would you want to..?)

Thoughts anyone..

2. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I don't think he will be.

tigerincanada likes this.
  3. TIGERSCAVE

Well, we live in hope....

4. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

The press on Sky were raving about us & him! Think he's done a great job and we can stay up :emoticon-0148-yes:

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  5. Skidby Plastic

Skidby Plastic Well-Known Member

My guess, and it is just a guess based on the rumours around an 18 month contract prior to signing, is that if he keeps us up he'll give us a full season more as a thank you for giving him his Premier League break. Then he'll be off to a bigger team than any of those you've mentioned.

6. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

My feelings too, Skidby (although none of us know!).

1/ Keep us up this season
    2/ See how far he can get us next season
    3/ Leave for a bigger PL club
    and then
    4/ Go to Spain for a coupla years

5/ Come back to PL for a top 6 club.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Skidby Plastic likes this.
  7. THE EXCLUSIVE 10%

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% Well-Known Member

Think he has mentioned we are a steppingstone in one of his first interviews

8. Skidby Plastic

My thoughts exactly, although it depends how well he does with us. He could go straight to an Everton or Southampton and drag them into the CL spaces then stay there for a while without your step 4?

Polly13 likes this.
  9. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

i think the media hyping him as the next special one is enough to ensure he stays on the radar for the rest of the season , if we stay up i cant see what he could achieve by staying at the club . . . unless something extraordinary happens and the club is sold and the new owners give him a warchest to challenge a top ten finish .

just by keeping City up this season would amount to that (like Leicester's end to 2014/15)

Stockholm Tiger and PattyNchips2 like this.
  10. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I suspect that even he does not know the answer to the question.

renegadetiger and djsowtz like this.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

If he keeps us up I would hope he would stay. If Etwat doesn't sell up though, will there be money available for signings? I doubt it! Therefore, I can see him doing one, unfortunately

12. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

If he keeps us up clubs'll be after him, cue Lester, W.Ham, Everton?

13. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Honestly can't see him staying for one reason alone - Ehab will still be in charge next season. Hope I'm wrong but if he is then a) if we go down he'll probably ditch MS and go for a Dowie type (dirt cheap just to hold the reigns whilst Ehab trousers the parachute payments), b) if we stay up he probably won't want to witness another transfer window when Harry, Robbo and anyone else remotely saleable will be off-loaded and a further set of loanees brought in. I believe MS has too much integrity to put his career at risk with a knob-head like Ehab even if we do stay up. If, however, the club is sold then, assuming we continue on our current trajectory, I would imagine the new owners will recognise what a find MS is and give him the chance to create something special.

Polly13 likes this.
  14. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If we go down, he will go. If we stay up, somebody will nick him. So no.

Stockholm Tiger and djsowtz like this.
  15. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

".....if we were unlucky enough to lose him."
    "Well, we live in hope...."
    "if we stay up i cant see what he could achieve by staying at the club."
    "He could go straight to an Everton or Southampton ...."

All a bit defeatist isn't it folks?
    Where's the loud voice and action of the City supporters who fought West Yorkshire Police and the Allam Family. Where are the banners, the petitions and the chants to let Ehab know (and any prospective buyers who are watching the situation) that talks to extend Silva's contract should be happening NOW???

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  16. Skidby Plastic

More pragmatist than defeatist for me. I'd love to sign him up now, but if he's even half as good as I think he is there's no way he'll still be here if we're relegated. Once safety is secured then the talks should begin though

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  17. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

So in essence your saying you don't think he would consider extending his contract this season, so best not ask him?

It would be a bit ironic if at the end of the season he leaves to one of the queue of European clubs (who by then have had months to butter up his agent) and his parting comment was "I would have liked to stay at Hull City, but they didn't try to keep me."

I hope we don't do 'a Salibur' with Silva.

18. Skidby Plastic

I could have been clearer to be fair. I think whether we ask him or not, and for all either of us know Ehab might already be asking him every day, he won't commit until he knows what league we'll be in.

I agree that not asking him would be daft, but once the ball's in his court then I can't see him deciding yet.

19. TIGERSCAVE

So in essence your saying you don't think he would consider extending his contract this season, so best not ask him?... WE'RE DEALING WITH ESCAB ALLAM HERE...

20. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

We might also be dealing with a group of potential buyers (who are watching the situation) and wouldn't want to lose Silva.
    Any pressure on Ehab from the fans could be echoed by them putting a lot more pressure on him to get Silva signed up long term.

PattyNchips2 and Polly13 like this.