1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Roberto

Roberto Member

Afternoon landlord and fellow pub goers.... It's bloody quiet in here today and on the board!

2. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

evening landlord. great game so i thought i'd drop by and have a late one. a pint and the darts please just incase that twat neville appears on the telly

3. Roberto

Roberto Member

I think the landlord is lying dead in the cellar (perhaps a stray barrell) I've been here since early afternoon and after two hours with a mouth like the floor of a budgie's cage I started pouring my own beers....

What you having mate? ;)

please log in to view this image

You need to make the darts up yourself...

4. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer: Drinks on the house! what a win! Suarez will set the prem on fire- a great performance and he's not even had his first training session with the team. incredible. Really encouraging displays today, hope we keep it up for Sunday!

5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Yeah, was watching the game and Suarez was kicking the ball about like he'd been playing with the lads for years! Didn't even know he hadn't trained till after the game! Looks like he could be a great signing. He'll be a God if he bangs a couple in on Sunday!!!!

6. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Drinks all round, barkeep.

Quiz: Has Dalglish been out of the game too long?

7. Sir_Red

I was streaming the game from FSC (English commentary though). They STILL couldn't accept it was Dalglish that had given the team this new found confidence and also new tactics. They came out with such ****e like "If only the players played like this for Hodgson". Dear god. Don't they realise Hodgson made the team play the way they did, with his horrific counter attacking and defensive tactics. Thank god we have Kenny, a man with the audacity to try new tactics, like today, and also someone who the players can fully respect.

8. Muppetfinder General

If only Roy had managed like Kenny.

If only pigs could moo, bacon would taste of beef.

9. Roberto

Roberto Member

Is it too early for a scotch? Also does this place serve english breakfast?

10. Sir_Red

It's never to early to start drinking. And yes there are breakfasts but only jumbo man sized ones though. None of these pathetic one sausage, one egg etc breakfasts you see nowadays.

11. Roberto

Roberto Member

FINALLY a decent breakfast! I normally go down a Weatherspoon after a skin full and grab double breakfast! I panicked a bit when I saw your 'Madrid reds' I thought you'd be offering up that continental breakfast ****e. Had that in Prague once, muesli and manky hot dogs with the blackest coffee in the world.. that combined with the filthiest hangover since Jesus gave the disciples red wine at the last supper I thought "**** this" so I ran across the motor way and got KFC at 8:30am! Good times....

:emoticon-0163-pizza

12. Sir_Red

Haha, no the Madrid Reds branch pub is as English as they come, propper fry ups. None of that continental crap. Got a "speed awareness" course this afternoon, can't wait. So, as per usual, the bar will be back to self serve :)

13. Roberto

Roberto Member

Nice <ok>

What this speed awareness course all about?

Also got any jobs in spain? I've been looking for yonks? ;)

14. Sir_Red

Just finished working there last year, been back in the UK since last summer now but hoping to get a job again this summer. TBH ironically it's much easier to get a job on the continent than in the UK, I think speaking fluent English is something they love, even if you can't speak Spanish! The speed awareness course, ahhh, you'll know it when you get it. I was going 34 in a 30 zone, the most pathetic limit you'd ever seen, there wasn't a house in sight, and so they offered me 3 points and the fine or just the fine and I had to attend a 3 hour speed awareness course.

15. Roberto

Roberto Member

What was you doing out there? Just bar work?

I've been trying to learn spanish to help my chances! The funniest thing is i wanted to apply for a Snorkelling intructors job but was told I need a qualification to teach snorkelling when I told em I was a certified open water scuba diver they still said I need the qaulification! As if I'd be able to dive if I didn't know how to use a snorkel!! Tossers <doh> lol

OH now i'm with you yeah... Thats harsh I don't envy you there one bit!

16. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

yeah i got busted a few months ago and went to one of these courses. 68 in a 60. not the telling off i expected. taken it easy ever since.
    i'll have a pint-ok i'll just help myself!

17. Roberto

Roberto Member

I wouldn't have the carlsberg by the way, gives you a rotten stomach, the san miguel is rather nice though...

18. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

With the weekend arriving shortly, if you are not travelling to London, where will you watch the game this weekend? What is the best pub around your area or a place for anyone close to you to gather to really try to create the best atmosphere for the pub in your area?

Already got a few coaches lined up for Sunday.... some blues supporters which will make it good banter and the more sweet when we win!

19. Roberto

Roberto Member

I live in London anyway although I couldn't get match tickets. So i'll be down my local with my mate (he's a manc so he'll be cheering us on hoping Chelsea don't win) There's a few Chelski fans there too well I say a few I mean a whole pub full, none of them go to games the lazy gits!

So It'll be sweet if we win! I've got my new Suarez shirt and I've just been paid! It's gonna be messy!! ;)

20. Muppetfinder General

My ma's a lifelong Chelsea fan. My dad's a Red. They usually watch in separate rooms and don't speak for 24 hours. They tried watching together a coupla years ago and it was fine until my dad called Terry a dirty bastard and it all kicked off. So I might go watch with him this time.