1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Cardiff Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Goodbyen0t606, May 8, 2012.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i agree, i saw a little of helguson last year and he could be the missing link in attack, as for snodgrass even at £2.5m we wouldnt have got him as he wouldnt have turned down premiership football for us.

worth a punt at £2,5m but cant see him pulling up any trees in the PL..<ok>

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

As with taking a player from a division or two lower I agree he could be a gamble but we have to stick within our budget to keep the club living within it's means. A lot of Leeds fans have said Snodgrass is better than Howson, I hope that is true as Howson has been a revelation since his arrival earlier this year <ok>

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

he's certainly worth the punt at £2.5m thai, i just have reservations as to whether he's good enough.....

if he isnt than he is probably worth £3m or more to a championship side and if he is then happy days....<cheers>

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

It's fair comment as he is so far unproven at the top level. Lets see what unfolds in the next 9 months or so <ok>

5. DevonBluebird

DevonBluebird Member

Swans fan in work says rumours their end are Allen to Liverpool and 13.5m and CB going the other way. I told him he's deluded.. Wondered what u lot thought.

6. blueforever123

Cannot see Bellers going to Swansea, that is too far fetched

7. DevonBluebird

DevonBluebird Member

It would turn him from a hero to hate figure in a second, don't see why. If he want prem football he'd go to QPR. Sure it's nothing but these closed seasons get boring.

8. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Closer to home to keep his missus happy though. They can probably pay more than us. Mind you, living in Cardiff and playing for Swansea? That would be a first in recent years.

9. bluebird_nat

bluebird_nat Member

10. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

a couple players from QPR. Makes a change from Coventry or Watford.

Slightly concerned that the players being signed are similar to what we've got. Smith sounds similar to Conway / Cowie, an intelligent grafter with little pace. Helgerson sounds a bit different but how does he fit with Etien / Earnie (on his way?) / Mason? All similar styles, taking up the same space on the pitch (the problem we had with Miller and Earnie last year).

Midfield also looks conjested with Mutch, Ralls (who I thought was excellent on Tuesday), McPhail, Whitts, Gunner, Kiss. Not sure how we get the balance right.

Hey ho, we'll see in a couple weeks.

11. BluefromBridgend

Yes, going to be an interesting jigsaw for Malky, especially if Bellers was to return. Still need another cb/fb though to ensure we have enough cover and to let gezza go - as Keinan seems more in favour in the friendlies.

12. ccfcremotesupport

to be honest Blue, from what I saw on Tuesday it won't be long before Nugent starts pushing for a squad place at the back.

13. BluefromBridgend

Yes, I heard he eats 6 Weetabix (no milk either) for breakfast and is still growing.

14. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Tommy Smith would be a good buy IMO.

I hope Nugent comes on this season a bit of a bruiser.

15. ccfcremotesupport

to coin a phrase, he's built like a ****house door!

So, with 5 in and Malky targeting 10, we're probably one piece of quality (mentioning no names), someone who would be a 1st team start / squad player and a few youngsters away. I assume nothing came of 3 french teenagers that were trialed in Switzerland or that young non league player we were looking at.

With Etien getting the 9 shirt, it'll be interesting to see who partners him in a 442 or whether 451 is the way to go. How MM fits Mason into that line up will be another challenge. Good to have options!

Who'd be a manager?