1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 7, 2017.

1. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Roofe had 26 before he joined what was his last seasons tally was it 2 ?

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheeky git <laugh>

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  3. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Antonsson must have something about him. So maybe a spell out on loan is his opportunity to show what he can do

OLOF and Eric Le Merde like this.
  4. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you buddy.

I'd be keeping my large leonine gob firmly shut till after Saturday if I was you <laugh><laugh>

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I can't find anything to say Antonsson is going out on loan (apart from the gossip sites).

6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Story says we are chasing this guy

8. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

The big worry is what if Wood leaves but, it's only YouTube but this guy seems to have lots of his qualities. Very instinctive in and around the goal, strong, lays it off well. I guess we will see or we won't. Where are these rumours doing the rounds??

9. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

To be honest I'd rather give him a miss.

He averaged 1 goal in 5 when playing in the Belgium and after 3 years in the top Kazakstan league, he only managed to get into double figures last season.

He is 28 years old so not really one for the future, and whilst I have no idea what standard the Kazakstan league is at, I imagine the Championship would be a lot better.

Now if we are looking to sign a forward from the Kazakstan league then I'd rather it be Gerard Gohou, who has scored 71 goals goals from 93 games in that league and averages 1 goal every other game compared to someone who average 1 goal every 4 games, (although to be honest I wouldnt want anyone from that league not at the age of 28 )

Just as a comparison Jelle Vossen has for the last 6 seasons that he played in the top Belgium league managed to get double figures in goals, managing 99 goals in 213, and was a flop when he played the championship for both Middlesborough and Burnley, and I imagine that the Belgium league is of a higher standard than the Kazakstan league.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Really informative Aski, good stuff. <ok>

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Astonishing knowledge, Aski. My knowledge is restricted to our team. I'm not even on top of other Championship teams! Hats off to you, mate. :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

To be honest WJ I've found when looking at potential transfers into the club over the last god knows how many years, Soccerway is your friend these days.

In fact just compared the guy mentioned by Doc to another Belgium player that we had a look at .

Kabananga's goal scoring record is 1 goal every 3.44 games, our other Belgium forward averaged 1 goal every 3 games, so slightly better ratio.

That player was Mouhamadou Habib Habibou, and he was a big success :emoticon-0100-smile

Id have liked us to have a look at Tom Boere, scored 33 goals in 38 games playing for OSS in the Dutch 2nd division last year, but FC Twente have just signed him for £400k

bucks_is_leeds, Doc and Whitejock like this.
  13. Whitejock

<laugh>

Remember him well. I had such high hopes for him. <doh>

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looked at a few of the many youtube vids of him & to be faur I prefer Ekubahn. Shows the difference in peices though doesnt it. £20m for Wood and £1.8m for this guy so over here he would be valued at £15m ffs

15. Whitejock

16. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

17. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

and

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/nobbar-flera-svenska-lag-for-league-one/

rough google translation:-

There, a number of clubs have been interested and according to SportExpressen's tasks, Blackburn Rovers is now almost to tie up with the striker - although there are some other clubs in the same league in the picture.They have been discussing a loan but it may also be that the club buys the player.Blackburn are favorites to go to The Championship next season but lost to Southend with 2-1 on Saturday.

18. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I certainly wasn't calling for us to sign him, was just commenting on the clip Doc posted and my main point was, if we are looking for more strikers, when we have more pressing issues elsewhere, is Wood going?