1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone.

Nottingham forest kick off the Championship season tonight with a home win, urm, I mean a home fixture against Millwall this evening.

Could we see the mighty Wall top of the table by 10pm tonight?

Talking about Forest, they are interested in Liam Bridcutt.

Thoughts about letting him go?

Looks like Leeds ae after manchester united left back Cameron Borthwick-Jackson on loan.

The 20yo spent the first half of last season on loan at Wolves last season.

Thoughts?

BillysStatue likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Firstly there has been no official approach but there has deffo been unofficial talks as this has been around for a couple of months, so if it happens it will be in the next 3 days.

2 sets of opinions on CBJ especially if you saw him play for Wolves last season. He spent the season there on loan but only got 7 outings, but he's a kid and it happens. He was player of the year for scum kids so thats a huge accolade and should be respected. He apparently is a great stopper, the fastest thing on the pitch and has skill and ability when flying down the left win supporting play. He gets back easily with a big engine. Scum has given him a big contract as hes one for the future, so for me well worth having

Strange table this weekend as Milwall could be top tonight with Leeds bottom by 5pm Saturday

Brendan Sheerin likes this.
  3. lifecheshirewhite

First he didn't have a bad season at Wolves,new manager came in didn't think he was fit enough so refused to play him,second,unless every championship game,friday and saturday is a draw,we can't be bottom sat night.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Chesh a bit pedantic today, had a rough night hun

zero points means bottom even if another 10 teams are the same?

5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone firstly Bridcutt can go for me as the coach want's to play keepball and he can't pass.Anita can do his job if and when needed.
    Secondly if this kid from over the hill is any good perhaps he will be a starter soon.this leaves us with a problem at right back.do we go with Ayling who lost his man against Oxford more than once and looked slow.or do we go with a better player defensively in Beradi.o.k he does not offer as much going forward but for me he's a starter.
    Thirdly another center back is needed.we have youth and a player of some ability in Pennington also Pontus must start after his ban.i'm relying on Cooper to be the same as last season and make an error to ease Pontus back in as i feel he is not good enough.so we need some experience in reserve to bring in as needed.
    let's hope we do not go down the youth route on this one.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. On last day of hols so a nice distraction to have Leeds on the box first day back. Should be lots of food for discussion this season given the far wider range of selections available to TC due to much improved squad or so it would seem.

7. wakeybreakyheart

As an after thought maybe we will not see a striker come in as roofe and Ekuban might do the job.

8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Wonder if a club has ever gone bottom after their first game and stayed there all season?

Anyway, enough about Millwall.

We have too many midfielders so Bridcutt should go. Like the sound of the scummer but in all honesty have no idea about him. We do need a left back.

When Bridcutt came he was said to be a big improvement it's funny how things move on. I wonder if might be true for Ayling too eventually though like most fans I like the guy.

9. wakeybreakyheart

if i go live to you can you point your camera at the telly on sunday..cheers:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Whitejock and Eireleeds1 like this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Others would have a minus goal difference,ask the wallies about it,means a lot to them

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Did Ayling do anything at CB last season as a back up. As we may have Berardi Ayling Cooper Pontus, Denton Pennington CBJ to select from if the kid comes in. Is Denton good enough I think so. So thats 7 or 8 with Anita for 4 starting slots, with cover for each position.

Agree about Bridcutt with Marcus, Duke & Doug all to go for me

Unless we are signing a top goal scoring striker I agree with Wakey as we will have enough with Ekubah or Roofe as back up and to be fair Siaz has played up front or been in the hole. I think we have options for whatever tactics we need on the day

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Scorers last season

• Wood 30
    • Bartley 6
    • Duke 6
    • Pablo 6
    • Marcus 3
    • Dallas 3
    • Roofe 3

We will deffo score more from midfield this season with Siaz, Pablo, Alioski, Klich. Roofe will do bettwe but we need Pennington to step into Bartleys shoes, Sacko & Viera to chip in some goals too this time

13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Big boys KO tonight, Mids KO tomorrow, when do the relegation fodder KO ?

14. wakeybreakyheart

agree with a lot of that apart from Denton due to never having seen him play.Ayling i saw go to central defence last season and he looked the part.
    squad is too big now and we have potentially better players so time for some to go.

15. wakeybreakyheart

you forgot Pontus bud

Doc likes this.
  16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

19.45 TONIGHT WE WILL be joint top within a few games we will have dropped the joint tag <ok>

17. lifecheshirewhite

They play Forest tonight,but Forest aren't that big.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

3 yes forgot the man in the hat. crucially we need Pontus, Cooper & Pennington to grab at least 10 goals to put us on a par with last seasons tally. Penningto scores and has for Everton on his debut, he could be the answer for the Bartley role

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

You bought that Jackson bloke yet I could do with avin a laugh <laugh>
    useless he is <ok>

20. lifecheshirewhite

What Jackson bloke do you think we are buying ? Michael is dead