1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

I don't want you going to bed LL worrying about our goalkeepers.

Trust me all will be fine and if you're still worrying come the 2nd or 3rd game then come along and cast your critical eye over them at close quarters. I can assure you the opinion you would reach after attending would be far more informed and warmly received than analyzing players from you tube etc.

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Cheers Jammy,

Thanks for that very intellectual dig Jammy...:emoticon-0148-yes:

I had a look at Saiz, Alioski and Klich on youtube, didn't have a worry in world, I think they're going to be great assets to our team, more so if they adapt quickly.

If you know your continental keepers Jammy you would know what I meant.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Seem to remember Silvestri being criticised for this too. A lot. Even recently. Doesn't appear to have altered his style too much either. So why is it only a problem for WaynesWorld?

Btw, as you're well aware, I was and remain a Silvestri fan. I will be heartbroken if he leaves, as he's excellent in so may skills, and I'm convinced he will go on to be world class. So not a dig at you (this time), just a genuine query as to why it's a problem for one & not the other.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Sometimes I really think you analyse players well and you think about things most don't see, other times your opinions just seem odd to me.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  5. Whitejock

LOL. Silvestri is perhaps the best shot-stopper I've ever watched. He has lightning reflexes. You can't teach that. It's a bit like pace in an outfield player.

He's not been brilliant in a crowded penalty box, but wasn't that a huge problem for scum's keeper when he joined them at first? Only 5/10 for that.

He lets himself down with his distribution. No doubt about that. It has improved, but I'd still only give him 3/10 for that. Can't even think of someone to compare him with! :D

He comes from the continental school of safety first - parry & punch. We don't like to see that in the UK - it's not 'proper'. Doesn't mean we're right, though. I think he'll develop a hybrid style in time & has already made inroads. Actually, he's improved all round, tbh.

Bamba & Bellusci certainly didn't help him as he developed. Imagine any great 'keeper when they were young & imagine what they'd be like with Laurel & Hardy playing their natural 'fcukup' game. Frightening.

I could go on, but the essence of what I'm trying to say is that his natural skills are the top part of his game, and you cannot be world class without them. That alone doesn't mean he will be world class, but everything he is poor at is either able to be worked on, or covered by gaining experience. Anyone can do that, but they just can't get those reflexes by experience or work.

6. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Silvestri isn't even close to the best shot stopper I've ever watched. Maybe inside top 100.

Most important attribute of any goalkeeper is communication, by far. I believe thats why our defence was so much better last season, something Green is very good at. Don't think he got anywhere near enough credit for that.

Silvestri is an ok shot stopper who is terrible at every other aspect of his play. I highly highly doubt he will ever be a first team goalkeeper in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  7. Whitejock

We'll see :D

8. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Thank you pal. Still won't make every game but knowing we have tickets where there is proper atmosphere is worth it :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Even Shaks and Olof would struggle with that much behind the bar if they do that special six pints for the price of one that they do in the Pavilion <whistle>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Silvestri is streets better than the German you could find yourselves having between the sticks <laugh>
    truly awful some described him as

Tommy hasn't seen anywhere near enough of any of them to make such a pivitol decision <yikes>
    cut backs Wood will be next <ok>

11. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I had already said I would pay for myself.

12. LeedsLover

I didn't say Silvestri was the best shot stopper, I said I thought he was way better than Weinwald after watching Weinwald on youtube.

Silvestri, imo, has improved a lot since he first came here, he too was a continental keeper to begin with.

I agree about communication, but again, Silvestri's english wasn't the best when he first came here, and it would've took a while to learn what needs to be learned on pitch, but it's the same for any British player going overseas too.

Regarding Green, I think he was lucky he was behind such a good solid defence, Silvestri behind the same defence would've been interesting to watch.

If you like odd Josh, read the link below.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leeds-united-agree-transfer-will-soon-announce-set-shock-everyone/

Hellas Verona are the ones after Silvestri as first choice, and they're in Serie A, but Buffon rates Silvestri highly......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  13. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Not to mention his **** **** stirring attitude.
    We seem to keep forgetting lippygate.

14. LeedsLover

Cheers for the compliment Josh, you don't see too many compliments floating around on here to anyone, if any, so I'll cherish that one cos it might be the only one I get.....:emoticon-0105-wink:

We all have odd opinions from time to time Josh, we can't all be the same all of the time, or there wouldn't be anything to chat or debate about.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

15. lifecheshirewhite

Or it might be the only one you didn't get <doh> think you will find he was talking to WJ.<laugh>

Unless WJ IS ALSO LL <yikes>

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  16. lifecheshirewhite

Not worried who stays or go's with the keepers.All will do a good job IMO.

17. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

provided they are not exposed by a poor defence

18. lifecheshirewhite

Everyone said we had the best CH partnership last season,don't think we will be far off again.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Not sure about that bucks, one minute he's going out on loan to get game time, now suddenly he doesn't need it and is ready to step in if the no. 1

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Thought it was just me <laugh>

Marcos Barber likes this.