1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 17, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Christiansen has told the Leeds fans that he wants to make it up to the hundreds of Leeds fans that travelled to the Kufstein Arena expecting to see a game yesterday.

Should the Austria authorities be held accountable for cancelling the game at the last minute; surely they had weeks to make that decision!

Meanwhile closer to home Leeds director of football has switched his attention to defenders with Bristol City man mountain Aden Flint heading the list.

The 6-5 giant was signed from Alfreton Town in 2013 for just £300,000. Today his value is in the region of 5m.

How many more signings do Leeds need?

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

We need at least two defenders and according to many reports deals are virtually in place for two.

We have brought in a lot of midfield attacking players and one untried striker, hopefully the new guy in charge can get something better out of Roofe and Antonsson.

So much of the squad is unknown, we might be just a couple of defenders away, it might be a lot more, time will hopefully start to tell if we can get some friendlies started.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Austrian authorities were given intelligence from Germany that hundreds maybe a couple of thousand German ultras were going to go to the Leeds match.

2 defenders should arrive this week, but are they UK or overseas? Rumours but silence from the club

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone know how solid the Voyer rumour is? Apparently PSG youngster and regular French U19 player is a free agent as of now. newcastle are in for him but he wont get regular first team prem football, but Leeds will guarantee him plenty. Hes a class act defender another Woody. Harold Voyer spelt correct

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Just a couple of thousand you say. ... so they cancelled the game to save the ultras from an embarrassing rout...

FORZA LEEDS, Irishshako, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  6. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Flints not worth half of that. However there is something about him and he weighs in with a few goals

BillysStatue likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Irishshako likes this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

if you are afraid of Germans why go to Germany <yikes>

9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Cos we can

Irishshako likes this.
  10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I read that there were apparently 60 Ultras coming through, and as there are only 30 police locally, I'm guessing they basically couldn't afford to police the game. I don't think the threat of violence would be a reason to cancel a match, otherwise not many matches would get played in some countries (like Turkey! <yikes>).

11. Whitejock

Pretty sure that when Phil Hay spoke about the 2 defenders we're supposed to be signing, he made it clear that they were not being brought in from abroad, but 'closer to home'. I also believe that 'the club' (no idea who) has distanced itself from the Flint rumours.

Edit: Oops! Got the wording wrong .....

please log in to view this image
    Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP

I'd expect to see at least two CBs come in. Looking at the domestic market.

3:30 PM - 16 Jul 2017

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The last time Leeds were in Austria a load of Germans heard and came by the coach load. Massive fights trashed the nearby town so thanks to the Kruats this town bottled it. Todays Turkish game is behind closed doors so no chance for fans to see any action until Thursday in Munich

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If we are looking local then we must go for Pennington from Everton or else he will be at Hull City. The best CH are few and far between but get Tom Lees back

14. Whitejock

Seems from this article that the match is at 6pm GMT. Which is only a bit helpful, as we're on BST at the moment. So do they really mean GMT, or do they actually mean BST?

Article: http://www.weallloveleeds.co.uk/latest/watch-leeds-live-today

Bursaspor YT link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwR4mXD5d5jTbdZUadFfhFg

15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I thought the link in Doc's post spelt it out quite clearly

It appears that Leeds United have managed to find another team to schedule a friendly against. Turkish team Bursapor is in Austria and they have posted on their website and on their Twitter feed that a friendly between them and Leeds is set to take place at 19.00 Further Eastern Time, which is two hours ahead of BST, meaning that the friendly is set to take place at 17.00 BST. This translates to Noon Eastern Time for any American Leeds fans that will be reading this

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It will be the bloke from Villa was captain under Poyet

Doc likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Tommy Elphik mmmm jst maybe as he has been promoted with Bournemouth & went to Villa but Terry will keep him out this season, so maybe

18. Whitejock

LOL. I'm suspecting they've updated the article, as both Doc & I both read it last night & missed the obvious. Details were very unclear overnight, so no surprise if they've updated it.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I now have 3 different times for this match which are 3pm, 5pm & 6pm UK times. So best bet is to have a look at each time on their site. 3pm our time would be fairly late in Austria but 6pm here would be night kick off there? What are the benefits of a night kick off when you are looking for players to sweat in the heat. My guess is check in early in case you miss the match. Unless we get some real facts later

20. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning ... Leeds thinking about holding an open training session and inviting the fans, probably need to get police permission first ... would be really nice for the travelling faithful

I saw quite a lot of Flint when he was at Swindon ... he certainly dominates in the air, and at Lge One level he had plenty of bombs to deal with ... yes, he does get goals from set pieces, and it does help to have an extra threat in the box ... however, he is slow and can get dragged out of position by mobile strikers, creating a big gap between the CBs ... at £5m I would happily tell Bristol City to get their sanity checked, he is closer to £1.5m and even then it's a push ... nowhere near the ability of Bartley, and definitely not better than Cooper

no idea who the club's considering to bring in, this new professionalism of keeping transfer business quiet means speculation is totally irrelevant ... long may the new Leeds continue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk