1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Chipster may have a point about big name leavers, as Macabi Have put a bid in for Pablo, so lets hope its rejected

2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

That's a fair point and quite right.

Who do you think is more likely to leave before the window closes...Jannson or Wood ?

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If I were To my I may accept bids for Pablo & Greene, but only because Siaez can replace Pablo & all season long wheres Pablo cant do every game.We also covered Greene with a new top keeper. However I prefer to keep them both to prove were not a selling club now.

Alioski is the name for tomoz Im hearing

4. Jammy 07

In other news...I've managed to blag a corporate invite to John Smiths cup day at York on Saturday.

It's been a while since the last invite as the Big Boss put his card behind the bar and I ran up a £900 bill on champers and cigars.

In mitigation, I pleaded that their largest client who I was told to make sure had a good time said he liked cubans, so I bought everyone in the group one so as to not make him feel a knob by smoking one on his own.

Shows how bloody long ago it was but seems I've finally been forgiven !

Whitejock likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I would have said pontus until the yep interview the other day where he seemed to say he was expecting to win promotion. There would be some angst if wood was to go.

Ayling must have generated some enquiries. I still think he was one of our top three players last year, even if wj thinks he is crap.

6. Jammy 07

Ayling was most definitely one of our top 3 last season...just seemed to go off the boil after he became a Dad, but I can't blame him for that as it's the best thing ever so bound to have effected him even if subconsciously.

Unfortunately everyone has their price and given some of the ridiculous amounts being paid by PL teams I don't think we could turn down 25m for Wood. And before any one says that's crazy haven't Hull just sold a defender for 17m.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

<laugh>

8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Be a surprise to me if green stays.

Saiz is like for like with pablo. Fook knows if he's half as good as pablo at his best, but pablo at his best is a rare sighting. He was a liability after Christmas especially away from home... and doesn't have the legs for a championship season whatever his numerous fanboys think. Wouldn't be a surprise if he moved on, but would be interesting to see what he could offer used more sparingly.

Wood? I think he'll stay but a 7 figure + sum might say differently.... if so we'd better get shopping for strikers as I don't see the current backups doing much.

9. Jammy 07

The more this pre season goes on the more pleased I am that Monk has gone, he wasn't adaptable and I feel under the new regime he would have held us back.

To soon to say whether TC will be the man to take us forward but I'd rather have someone from the Johan Cruyff school of total football in charge than someone who always played with the handbrake on.

10. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Another pre season win against lowly opposition (for the Millwall contingent, a win is when you score more goals than the other team)

Interested to see Anita replaced Cooper for the second half. Is that a sign we are short of CBs or a sign he might feature there?

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I know what Cruyff would have said if you told him to manage a team of players recruited from Albania, and the Italian and Spanish 3rd tiers <laugh>

12. Jammy 07

I've paid good money for a season ticket so I'm going to get full value by being as optimistic as possible for as long as possible.

In the unlikely event that we are outside the top 6 at xmas please feel free to come back and gloat.

Just as an aside, and I know I'm going to regret this but...nah forget it you'll only deny the truth !

13. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

At least, as you’ve said, they are players recruited from foreign leagues unlike a certain club that recruits tradesmen and scours labour exchanges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Yep - seems Radrizzani learnt a lot from Massimo in 6 months <ok>

15. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Wash ypur mouth out. That's today.

:bandit:

<laugh><laugh>

16. Whitejock

I wasn't there & didn't listen in, so I assumed that Anita came on as a FB with Berardi, freeing up Ayling to join Diagouraga in the middle. Did he really play CB?

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  17. Whitejock

Am I reading too much into tonight's selection? I'm thinking Green is gone. TC mentioned that 3 players were dropped through 'slight injuries' and Hernandez was rested, but no mention of Green. Interesting. Can't wait for the Austria squad announcement. Then all will be revealed.

18. lifecheshirewhite

Still 2 non league games no wins I see <laugh>

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Was out and didn't listen but that is plausible

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Indeed. If some of the better players from last season are to be sold at least we are doing it after getting replacements in first and not scrapping round in the left overs bin in Augusts loan window. That is progress and somebody has clearly identified a strategy and the targets.... Just hope they have it right!

Eric Le Merde and Whitejock like this.