1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 7, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Dutch international midfielder Vurnon Anita has penned a 3 year deal at Elland Road to become TC's 6th signing this Summer.

The 28 year old former Ajax defensive midfielder will add experience to the Leeds squad.

Who will he be replacing or is he a squad addition?

Who likes the new shirt?
    please log in to view this image

I think this poster got it right!!!

Pasión Fútbol‏Verified account@PasionFutbolFC

Tienes que estar MUY bien físicamente para utilizar las nuevas camisetas del Leeds United. No aptas para personas de buen comer

Translated it means "You have to be very well physically for the new Leeds United shirts. Not suitable for persons of good eating .

I wonder whether they'll bring out a Brolin version for us fans?

Wolves‏Verified account@Wolves 14h14 hours ago
    It is with great sadness that Wolves are today announcing that Carl Ikeme has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

I'm sure we all wish him well!

2. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Elland. Think he will be competition for Diagouraga. Think he will also be competition for whoever played as our dm last season

3. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning All

Really like this years kit. Might actually folk out some money to buy it this year.

Happy to see another signing been made yesterday. The fact we're a bit short on full backs makes me think we will play at the back this season as he played right back for Newcastle last year. If Doc is right about this young left back coming in from the Scum and Batth coming in from Wolves then I think Berardi will drop down to second choice right back

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Boggers, I thought Diagouraga would have been out on his ear at the end of last season. Isn't Viera a DM? What about O'Kane?

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wolves, haven't heard about the scum player?

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all. I think dave will be let go if Baath comes in and the scum player is the latest but will they let him come on loan "Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from Man Utd now firmly in the radar" If he does come though not sure if its for Under 23s or for first team as hes 19 but just signed a new deal to June 2020. Won the u21 player of the year?

Looking like the Samu deal is done and be announced today or Monday latest

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, I do hope that all these signings will not undo the good work we did last season.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Looks like the old Swansea shirt.......:undecided:

Marcos Barber likes this.
  9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Evening Ell, those shirts look like we better have one hell of a team to wear them.

10. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all. Here we are again on the verge of a new season full of hope that this year we will do it. This year I feel is different I believe we have a young coach who seems to know what he wants and I think he can deliver, backed by an owner who seems to want what we want Good luck lads!.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The good from last season ended badly and we now have to replace Taylor and Bartley, we also need a creative midfielder as Pablo cannot do every game plus we need to either sort out Roofe & Antonnson or bring in another striker. So far Klich & Sako are done deals but only Klich is new there. Will Gomez be U23 or first team? When Samu lands we will still need a CH. Anita ticks loads of boxes at the back but Adding Baath finalises it, if indeed Baath is coming.

12. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Delighted by the signing of Anita, who I think is a top quality addition.

Again no leaks or whispers just signed and job done.

Think this might mean that Phillips becomes a squad player which is about right for him now. Vieira on the other hand should have no fears about losing his place. The boy is so talented, I believe he will become a true box to box midfielder and having quality around him will only make him better.

13. BoggersMOT

Looks like Tommy's building a squad that contains genuine competition for places. On Viera, he's still developing. So maybe a loan spell might be the order of the day, or plenty of coming off the bench to show impact. The last thing we want is for him to burn himself out

LeedsLover likes this.
  14. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

If we are serious about improving as a team and at least challenging the better teams in the division, then there should be no place for the likes of Danny Batth in our squad. The guy can't pass and just hoofs the ball. Luckily I think the info came from a fake twitter account. I for one will be really disappointed if we go in for players like this and it would kind of show we are adopting a bit of a scattergun approach looking to fill up numbers rather than trying to identify quality additions.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. Jammy 07

Vieira out on loan ???

He's better than Taylor, Byram, Cook all rolled into one and he's just turned 19. His potential is absolutely frightening and thank god he's just signed a new 4 year deal.

Agree about the not getting burned out though, so he should play 4/5 games then maybe sit one out. At this stage of his career he needs to play and the bigger the games the better. The more confidence he gets (something he is not lacking by the way) in his ability the quicker he will develop.

16. BoggersMOT

Fair point well made Jammy. Not sure I agree that he's better than Taylor, Byram & Cook all rolled into one. But time will tell. And I agree that getting him on a new 4 year deal speaks volumes about our future

17. Jammy 07

What makes him stand out is both his physical strength and the way he moves across the turf like a thoroughbred racehorse. Then you add in the fact he's skillful, passes short and long, can tackle and is never overawed by anything and you start to look at the complete player. Of course he's not there yet but as I said the potential for him is just frightening.

davy and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. New kit is class. Thankfully they’ve announced they’re also doing tent type ones to suit myself and a few
    Others on here so be excuse for anyone not getting one. As always pleased to have another signing and on a three year contract. None of this loan bullshit. As always ten games in will be my benchmark when it’ll be clear exactly what we’ve signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

TENT TYPE.........<laugh> The last time I took mine off and swung it around my head(no smutty replies please) I nearly took out a quarter of the SStand:)
    On a serious note, I wished they'd do what the Rhinos do and sell a cotton based shirt...<ok>

20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ive bad news for you Shaks. I was there and that wasnt your jersey you took off and swung around your head, it belonged to the blond lady sitting in front of us <doh>