1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 16, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, you weren't expecting that, were you??? <yikes>

To be fair, I don't think anyone was!

I keep having to check on Google who our new Manager is; I keep forgetting...

please log in to view this image

Leeds ruled Karanka out in the earliest stages of their search, though rumour has it that the Spanard did not want to drop to the Championship.

Wagner was out of reach once he got the dog botherers up to the promised land.

Stam was always going to be difficult as Reading were willing to do whatever they could to keep hold of their man

By all accounts Tom blew away his competition at interview stage.

MD Angus Kinnear said on the club website: 'We are delighted to make this announcement today as it successfully concludes what has been a thorough and extensive search, following a huge level of interest from all over the football world.

'We wanted to appoint someone who can help us create a winning culture at the club and unite everyone connected with Leeds United, from the players to the supporters, ultimately taking the club back to where we all feel we belong.

'Thomas was someone who had been on our radar from the very early stages of the process and quickly established himself as the outstanding candidate.

'We are confident we have found a man with who can work with us to take the club to the next level.'

What we need is some wise words from Phil Hay :-

Christiansen’s appointment yesterday automatically revived memories of little-known predecessors who came and went in the blink of an eye. Leeds and Radrizzani hope he will come to be seen as something closer to Marco Silva at Hull.

Reading between the lines, does he mean he hopes the cheap gamble pays off?

One good thing was that there were no leaks. Even an hour before thingy was announced the betting looked like this :-

Jammy 07 and BillysStatue like this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

It could've been worse, it could've been Thomas Muslimsen......:bandit:

If he gets us promoted, I can hear the new song now........Christ has arisen, Christ has arisen, we're in the PL thanks to Christiansen......<whistle>

I had a tenner on him at 1000/1.....then the flaming alarm woke me up...:emoticon-0113-sleep

He has a pretty good pedigree, maybe not as much as manager/coach as we'd like, but it's there. It's said he favours the 4-5-1 formation, and changes to 4-3-3 occasionally, so he's prepared to change formation when needed, means he's not a 1 trick pony like the last idiot we had.

He also claims to have learned a lot from Cruyff, can't get much better than that. So it seems he brings quite a bit of experience with him, now, only time will tell how he implements it and what results he gets.

I think now every player starts from scratch......:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not going to comment on new manager as it may offend some <doh>. Busy day ahead thankfully, other stuff to focus on

ristac and BillysStatue like this.
  4. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

I think like most others I was expecting a big name like QSF or Pardew or one of the others linked but if i'm honest none of them really excited me. I was more excited about the fact Leeds would get a big name manager.

When we found out who we were getting my reaction was WHO DA FOOK IS DAT GUY... But after a bit of research it seems what could be an astute appointment.

Like many others have mentioned, did any of us know Wagner when he joined?

Its all about him meeting the players and getting them to buy into him and his way of working. I really hope we can keep Pep and maybe even get Redfearn back into the academy.

I'm very optimistic and excited. Lets see what Radz and Orta do in the transfer market now!!

MOT

5. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning all ... having slept on this I am starting to feel a lot more positive ... not 100% certain yet that Tommy is the right choice, but have to believe in Radz and Kinnear for the manner in which they did their business

I think Wagner's name was a red herring, because he was never going to leave Hudds even if they missed promotion ... Wagner's name was the setup, letting us know that there may be a surprise appointment on the cards ... as for Stam, we never heard from ER that he was approached, we know from Reading's silence this didn't happen ... Stam's agent decided it was a good opportunity to big up the Scum swine for a fatter contract, and to let "bigger" clubs know he was available ... Stam was angling for the Ajax job, but they're not that stupid to hire a cnut who plays boring football, it's not the Ajax way

Karanka was the obvious link due to his ties to Orta, but nobody seemed to notice that Orta wasn't involved in the process, at least not openly

Radz wanted a winning mentality, he seems to have found that in Tommy ... let's have no doubt that there would have been a pile of CVs flooding in when Monk resigned ... Radz clearly looked across the leagues in Europe and UK, identifying those managers who were doing well ... he then narrowed that down further with regards to career in football ... Tommy's excellent interview and presentation was the clincher

now, like all of us Leeds fans, I am hoping we have unearthed a real gem of a manager ... at least he is organised, efficient and knows how to win ... still not 100% sure, but he now has the chance to make the magic happen, so he has my backing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ristac and Jammy 07 like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I am optimistic about this appointment and have said why in Billys thread. I will add this though. Radz has assembled a top management team ready for the Premier League. Kinnear built the Emirates then sold Highbury, he did the deal for West Ham and the London Stadium and sold Upton Park, so guess what ... Orta & Bravo are top football people with top contacts throughout the world especially on young footballers through Academy institutes. Why would the the most cruical final piece of the jigsaw be a gamble? I think they know what will happen & want you trust their judgement

BillysStatue and Farsleyexile like this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Who had heard of the last 2 Watford coaches that have performed so well or even the Silva guy who made Hull look like Chelsea. Wagner at Udders, somebody had done some homework and yes not every overseas no name makes a good job of it as we have seen at Fulham until recently, but put it this way I bet Nowich wish they had found TC instead of Alex Neil

BillysStatue and Farsleyexile like this.
  8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

How do you know that the 'last idiot we had' was a 1 trick pony? How can you possibly say that when you never once watched a live match? FYI, he player 4-2-3-1 mostly (which in itself is a version of 4-5-1), but also played 4-5-1 defending/4-3-3 attacking, 4-4-2, and a couple of times even reverted to 3 at the back.

So, much as the guy's upset me, I feel I have to defend him against your ignorant witherings. Again. <doh>

BillysStatue likes this.
  9. Whitejock

Not so sure about Redders, Jonny. He was found out to be against the club. Yes, he was up against Cellino, but the cause of some of the upset (or possibly the result of) was him & Lucy feeding the press, when expressly told not to. Once you've been shown to be underhand, how can you expect to be trusted again. That was our club he was undermining in public & I find it very hard to forgive him. If ever.

LeedsinYork, OLOF and BillysStatue like this.
  10. Delicious Dacourt

Didn't even realise this happened mate so fair point!

Maybe not Redders then but it would be nice to have someone similar who can bring the youth through...

BillysStatue and Whitejock like this.

11. Whitejock

Agreed. Just wondering out loud, but if Pep isn't going to be considered as a #2, ...... :D

Delicious Dacourt likes this.
  12. Delicious Dacourt

Really hope Pep stays as assistant but I just can't see it.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Very sad new emerging about Peter Lorimer.

He is seriously ill in hospital.

Something to do with a blood disorder

14. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

fingers crossed for Lorimer .. hope he makes a full recovery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davy, lifecheshirewhite and ristac like this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

I have a feeling the new guy isn't going to be the hit we all want (as I have also just posted the reasons for on Billy's thread) but I was wrong so many times last season I just hope I am again.

Everytime I looked at that betting list I cringed, there were 2-3 I would have loved but in all seriousness knew we had zero chance of landing and a couple I would have liked however the BIG BUT for me was the 15+ I would have hated.

One thing is for sure, he can't possibly do much with the team as it stands at present, fingers crossed we are not turning to Wiki as the first signings are announced.

ellandback likes this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure if it has been reported before but the new guy has a two year contract with an option for a third, don't know why we didn't learn first time around with Monk that these options are pointless

Two years sounds just about right, we'll know well before the 2nd year kicks in if he is one to keep hold of.

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

BillysStatue, LeedsLover and OLOF like this.
  19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Paddling pool will come in handy this weekend!!! Afternoon Mucka