1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 5, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Looks a dead cert that Gary Monk is going to take the hot seat at the Riverside, and he is taking Beattie with him as his assistant!!!

The fact that Pep Clotet is not joining him as his number two will only fuel speculation that the Italian is staying put in Leeds.

The big question for me is with Beattie going, will this have a negative impact on Chris Wood, and his game?

Let's say Boro come in with an offer of 20m, would you accept it?

Who would be happy with Clotet stepping up as our number one?

Here are the latest odds:-

upload_2017-6-5_7-58-37.png

Leeds are being heavily backed to bring Jonny Howson back to Elland Road for a reported 4m.

Good value for money or I'm sick to death with being linked with ex players!

2. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Has Ranieri not been appointed yet <yikes> don't leave it too late soon be Christmas <laugh>

morning m8ty <cheers>

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. I did mention Clotet as a possible successor minutes after Monk resigned. I'd be happy with him to the point that he knows the setup well and influenced a lot of what happened last season and players likely like him too. The unknown part is will he be any good but that'll apply to whoever comes anyway. As for Wood. If like most if not all players, his motivation is money, then he'll be out the door. Clotet might just be able to convince him to stay another season though hopefully. I'd have no problem with Howson returning as it would show we're slowly recovering from the pillage of the last decade

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning pal <ok>

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, miney helps the world go round!!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. lifecheshirewhite

Thought she was a mouse ? Mickeys girlfriend.

LeedsLover and MIGHTY like this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Bit early in the morning to be discussing mickeys. Have you lot no work to go to these days

Irishshako likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

<doh>

9. lifecheshirewhite

At work waiting for my truck to get loaded.

10. Eireleeds1

Shaks would love your job

Irishshako likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If Clotet gets the gig I'm fine with it and hope he becomes the first overseas coach to win promotion without having a big war chest. lets hope he's the unsung hero behind the scenes like Gus was with Wise. Also it shows a level of confidence & continuity by Radz and Orta a man in charge of talent spotting & development. Pep will just need to coach and pick the team.

I dont see a top name coming in and Pep staying as his number 2 unless its its someone Pep wants to work with and the guy has worked with DoF before, so Ranieri?

Why wood Wood go to Boro another Championship team when they have plenty of strikers capable of taking his place, and if Monk has only got 4-5-1 in his locker?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Must be shyte there now Chesh, heard a lot of got done for theft too

13. lifecheshirewhite

Better in some ways,we now get free shares every year,£3,000 worth last year.And no youth rates of pay anymore,but in other ways not changed much.

14. Eireleeds1

Can we draw Boro at home in first game please please

Irishshako likes this.
  15. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning

For Eire's knowledge I don't start work till 5 and have a nice 4 hour shift. Just in case you wanna know mate.

I'll take Pep over Ranieri as manager any day. On to Howson, yeah I'm sick of being linked with e-player however I wouldn't mind Howson comingback

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Clotet are you lot sure about that <doh>
    if he was any fooking good Monk would have took him too <yikes>

look at the top 8 in the betting on ellands list above how bad is that lot <yikes><yikes><yikes><yikes>
    you lot better hope Rad has a rabbit up his sleeve

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  17. Eireleeds1

Bank holiday here Wolvesy, si no work at all <cheers>

18. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all I can't see anyone offering 20 million for Chris Wood I think they would be gambling on him repeating his last years amazing season. We need him here.Howson could be a good signing but he is overpriced at 4 million.

Whitejock likes this.
  19. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning all ... Clotet is a good Assistant Manager, and that's where he should stay ... the football management trail is littered with excellent Assistant Managers who failed miserably when stepping up to be a number one ... Pep is a good Assistant Manager/Coach for a reason, that's what he's wired for ... we need a proper manager to come in and push on, not giving Pep the role in the hope he cracks it ... we are Leeds, not a fcuking manager academy where people can try their luck and learn

Wood won't be affected by Beattie leaving, don't believe there is much more he would have learnt from the coach ... 30 goals in a season tells me Wood is the finished article in the Championship considering his team weren't exactly creating a truck load of chances every game ... £20m from ANY club would have to be accepted, but can't see Wood wanting to move to Boro, he's not that silly

Monk is going to find things are not so great at Boro, and the pressure to win the Championship will be there from day one ... I think Pep told Monk he's nuts to leave a club like Leeds, and that he'd rather stay and continue his role as a coach at ER than move to the Bogside ... let's be clear, this will be a big blow for Monk to take, and he may well still convince Pep to join him if he lands the Boro job, but for now it's new territory for Monk to face life without Pep ... as stated above, how funny would it be if we got Boro at home for the season opener, as it would be a guaranteed thrashing for Monk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MIGHTY likes this.
  20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Always thought howson was a neat footballer but went missing a lot in games when he was with us. Haven't seen enough of him at Norwich to know whether he'd be a good signing or not.

Whilst I understand the continuity angle I'm unsure about this enthusiasm for pep. His managerial record is desperate. Seems a bit of a 'fingers crossed he was pulling the strings behind the scenes' scenario. No-one outside the club staff knows what value he really brings.

If he was the choice surely he'd have been announced by now. Kept on as a number 2? Maybe, but any new manager usually wants their own guy.

Maybe rad is stringing him along as a contingency? Maybe they see another role for him. Maybe they havent a clue what they're doing. Maybe I'm wildly speculating about a subject I know nothing about!