1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

According the Lee Sobot of the YEP, Pontus Jansson has pledged his future to Leeds Utd!

First Sacko, now Jansson, could Bartley be next?

Perhaps the lure of the Captains armband may persuade him?

There are reports that Rad has already opened talks with Karanka!!!

If that were the case, who would be in favour of bringing in Bamford and Clayton?

Thoughts?
    upload_2017-6-1_7-51-25.png

Jammy 07 likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Unlike some, I've never doubted Jansson would sign. Would be surprised if Rad hadn't opened talks with someone by now. He can't afford to mess around all summer with an appointment surely

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Good Morning Everyone

According the Lee Sobot of the YEP, Pontus Jansson has pledged his future to Leeds Utd!

Glory has pledged his to Huddersfield after Bradford let him down <laugh> <ok>

Irishshako, ellandback and Eireleeds1 like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bartley is back at Swansea & Clement has said he wants him & needs him. The question should be, does Bartley want to stay at Swans in Prem or sign for Leeds in Championship. Biggy that one but hero status for a prem player to take a drop in wages to sign for Leeds

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pontus legally must sign for Leeds to free himself from italy & Leeds is the way to do it. Now will he play a big part or will he be sold on like Cellino or Bates would do. Again I hope he is the heart of our team next season, but is obv prem class

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, pretty confident a new manager/coach will be appointed today or tomorrow, a week tomorrow Friday 9th the transfer window opens, lots of questions are soon going to be answered I guess.

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

window may open on the 9th but deals are being done now we have already signed 2 players 2 more are in discussion <ok>

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning fellow leeds fans.here we go again waiting and hoping for the progress that is deserved.i have one question is karanka a decent choice.

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I would like to add abit of food for thought.i have seen a lot of post on the different sites and forums .they tend to dislike the idea of Karanka but favour grayson.
    So they want a manager who has promotion on his cv but do not want a manager who has the same.bearing in ming one did it to a higher level.
    What do you think ?.

10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

One has done it on low budgets and the other threw tons of dosh around
    Do Leeds have tons of dosh to throw around is the question
    If not then you need Grayson <ok>

best manager for the job anyways IMO

Farsleyexile likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Mighty is correct, words I never thought I would type. :biggrin: Look at the job Grayson has done at PNE without anything. At Leeds he brought in players who were unheard of really like Kissa, Snodgrass, Gradel, Becchio, Grella, Beckford, Johnson .................. He promoted players like Howson & Delph from academy but at the end the bearded twat wouldnt back him in one more window which caused us to spend another 8 years in the Championship. So if he comes back he gets my support, if its Laudrup or jimmykranki they also

southernwhite and Farsleyexile like this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Time will tell I guess, he doesn't inspire me but like those before him we have to give him a chance..

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Freebies I take it?

Marcos Barber and Whitejock like this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Foreign owner, foreign dog probably equals foreign coach so Grayson out of running?

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

nobody comes free <ok>
    my point is managers have their targets, many of these targets are other managers surplus to requirements and are already being touted, wages discussed, contracts discussed pre contracts signed <ok>

players agents are not sitting around waiting for the 9th June <yikes>

16. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Not wishing to detract from your positivity Doc, but I hardly think you can credit Grayson with the signings of Snodgrass and Becchio (signed by McAllister), Johnson (signed by Wise) and Beckford (signed by Blackwell), and whilst Delph did play the majority of his games under Grayson, he had already broken into the first team squad and scored at least 3 goals and been called up for the England under 21 squad, whilst McAllister was in charge. Kissa and Gradel I will give you but surely you could've found someone better than Mike Grella to put in that list :emoticon-0100-smile. Then again looking at his 43 signings during his reign, Grella may actually be one of his better ones (I've discounted the signing of McContract), but who can forget his superb signings of Paynter, Trundle, Dickinson, Watt, Dickov, Bessone, Nunez, Rachubka etc.

I have no problem if Grayson was appointed (not that I think he will be), but also don't think he should be given credit for things he didnt do either

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

What you mean Grayson didnt bring in Tony Currie or Duncan McKensie neither? How shyte am I <laugh>

davy and BillysStatue like this.
  18. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not sure Karanka is our best option, but time will tell if/when he gets the job. Of more concerand good news is Jansson joining us full time. Good move all round. If he were to get the arm band, maybe it'll calm him down a bit and ensure he gets fewer bookings. On incomers, not sure about Clayton; he didn't exactly light things up when he was last here. Bamford, however, would be a good investment.

19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

knows a premier league winning Keeper when he sees one <whistle>
    whats the maximum fee he ever paid for a Leeds player ? my guess is nowhere near 1m <ok>
    how much were some of them sold for ?

how good would he be given a decent budget ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  20. Eireleeds1

On another note, whats the wallies transfer budget this summer or will I have a guess <doh>