1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 26, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Garry Monk has gone!

The question on everyone's lips is why?

Monk is saying :-

"My intention was always to remain at Leeds United and I saw myself at this fantastic club for many years to come."

"After discussions with new owner, we have unfortunately been unable to agree a suitable way to move forward together."

Radrizzani is saying "We were keen to do 3 years deal. We never receive any request from him and his agent. No regrets, we did our best".

Have we jumped out the frying pan into the fire?

please log in to view this image

Thoughts?

2. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Elland. This has got phark up written all over it. If the two sides were companies, they would have gone to a conciliation aribration process & resolved the misunderstanding. They didn't. So we're now left with hoping Rad gets a decent replacement, rather than a Cellino-inspire Hockaday mark II. We also need the right man in asap to assuage the likes of Wood being tempted by offers that might come in.

Going forward, we're only 2 or 3 players off being a good bet for autos.

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Recently Monk has been pictured at local events, including the Josh Warrington fight.

Why would he get involved if he was going to leave?

According to Don Revie's grandson, who has inside friends at the club :-

please log in to view this image

4. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

If Radrizzani is lying it is not a good omen for the future.

5. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Sounds totally feasible that. Everyone on here could sense something was wrong going back that far either blaming Rad / Cellino for not sorting a deal or Monk for not signing. I am sure if we knew something was up maybe the players could too. Did it play a part in our limp finish to the season? Who knows.

I am over Monk this morning, thanks for a competitive season - we move on. We picked up lot of points without playing really well. Sign of a good team? Maybe but sign of a better team is playing well and winning like Brighton and Newcastle. Don't know who I want as a manager but someone with a more expansive game plan would be welcome.

The negative (GB) view is we have a total rebuilding job. A more positive view may be there are a lot of empty squad places to be filled with players he wants rather than having his hands tied by having to move people on before he can sign someone!!

Anyway, I have more pressing issues to deal with. Meat or fish, beer or wine for lunch <laugh>

davy, FORZA LEEDS, ristac and 4 others like this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Revies statement backs up what I and many more have been thinking for a few months. Hes never given an indication he wanted to commit to club. Anyway, like the others that jump ship, **** him and good riddance. At least this will show us pretty quick what Radrizanni is made of. Lots of rebuilding over next three months. He stated himself that hes demanding a minimum of a play off place so hes gonna have to dig deep to source a manager and additional players to ensure that

FORZA LEEDS, ristac, Jammy 07 and 3 others like this.
  7. BoggersMOT

I don't know about digging DEEP, but the right Manager & 2 or 3 of the right players will see us being serious challengers for autos. The new Manager doesn't need to start from scratch and undermine all that Monk did. Just a bit of tweaking and some quality incomers should suffice.

8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Not sosure Boggers. Another recognised striker is a must and youre talking minimum 6m+ proper wages. The creative midfielder like Howson would cost maybe 4m + big salary too. Replacement for Bartley or signing Bartley 3m say. Theres 13m to start with. I'd call that digging deep <ok> Plan B of course is to borrow a few leftovers again. Time will tell

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning from leppings lane sheffield.no i have not defected just making a delivery that way.monk blew it last eleven games and i believe he had sorted his escape plan long before that.
    I am going to give rads a monh to see what he achiev

BillysStatue likes this.
  10. BoggersMOT

Fair call Eire. But if Rad & his staff have a decent scouting network, we should be able to get better deals

11. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

Morning fellas,

All a bit mental this Monk saga! From my point of view though, we don't way any manager/coach/player that doesn't want to be at Leeds united!

I said it in another thread, the work Monk did was good but hardly outstanding. He built a team on a very solid defence. We score lots of set pieces & had a very in form striker. Going forward though we weren't great. We played amazing against Derby but could only bag 1 goal. As long as we get a sensible replacement then all will be well.

As for the replacement... If its Karanka I will support him. He's done a good job at Boro especially in the Championship. He doesn't excite me in the slightest though! I'd much prefer someone who knows the club like Grayson or Redders but can't see that happening with the foreign owners.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds! Hopefully its bright :emoticon-0133-wait:

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Marcos, when Revie says that Monk's team refused to discus a new deal as far back as February, I assume he talks about Beattie and Clotet!

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Boggers, yes, 2 or 3 players short, BUT does it mean that Bartley will automatically not come back?

Then we are suddenly 4 / 5 players short!

Where does that leave Jansson?

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Something aint right!!!

16. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Is this in any way connected to LUFC ?

ellandback and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  17. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

If the review angle is true, then this must have been anticipated.. and they should have sounded out replacements. Key words being must and should!

Let's hope so, or it's another summer of frustration waiting for new manager, any new recruits coming late in the window and 'in demand' players leaving... we then get new guy instilling his new ideas with an inherited squad as the season starts.

#startingfromscratch

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Marcos, Definitely a light beer... pal

upload_2017-5-26_10-45-4.jpeg

Marcos Barber and BillysStatue like this.
  19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

its a good idea to start at the beginning before quotes like we need this many that many you need to know who is staying and who wants out now that Monks gone <ok>
    Has Monk left on his own or will he take his right hand men with him ?

New managers are like new brooms they sweep clean <ok>

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  20. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Morning ... let's be clear here, Monk's agent ASKED Radz to waive the extension clause, which Radz did ... this frees up Monk to move to another club for no compensation ... Radz had the right to extend Monk's contract and claim compensation, but he's done the right thing by waving Monk goodbye and focusing on the new manager rather than getting involved in a distracting fight with Monk and his agent

Monk has been tapped up, and this has nothing to do with a 12 months extension, because Monk actually had no choice but to accept the extension if Radz invoked it ... this has to do with Monk receiving other offers, and that's why his agent wanted the extension dropped so Monk would be free to negotiate with other clubs

Monk has lost my respect, because he hasn't been honest enough to tell it as it is ... his blustering about "being at this fantastic club for many years" sounds hollow, because if he really believed in Leeds and wanted the opportunity to build something great, take Leeds to the Prem and manage one of the bigger clubs in Europe, then he would still be here ... the irony is his words about Charlie Taylor being badly advised

here's the thing that seals it for me ... the day before Monk resigned Radz stated publicly that he wanted to activate the 12 month extension, and he was keen to then sit down and sign Monk to a three year deal ... Monk knew before he resigned that this was the plan, so anything he says about being unhappy with 12 months is incorrect ... he resigned because his agent advised him to

Monk is now history, and sadly for him he will not return to Elland Road a legend ... he will probably never manage at a club the size of Leeds United again, and if his next job is not a huge success, he will find himself bouncing around Championship and Lge One clubs as owners continue to invest in foreign managers ... the warning sign for Monk should be the fact that Norwich have gone for a German Reserve Team manager with no experience of the Championship ahead of him

here's hoping Radz and his team get the appointment right, and you have to feel they have some candidates lined up seeing as Radz didn't fight to keep Monk ... so thanks Monk, now fcuk off and go count your money, and let's see where we are in five years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk