1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 19, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds expect Jansson's permanent 3 year transfer to be rubber sealed by July.

Surely, this means that assurances have been given to the player!

Does this mean Monk is definitely staying?

And if this is the case, can we also assume that Radz 100% ownership of Leeds Utd will be finalised shortly?

There are said to be 4 Premier league clubs ready to bid 20m for Chis Wood.

Good value for money or too good to be true?

If money were to be reinvested, should Leeds accept?

Who would you say was Leeds pest penalty taker in the last 50 years?

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Penalty taker must be Gary Mac?

I am hearing that Cellino has now invested in Brescia so no longer has anything to do with Leeds. Rad is still trying to get rid of GFH but not done yet. At least it now looks like Radz owns over 75% of the club, but GFH will only ever increase their share value due to the debenture they hold. Radz must offload or he will be held back which means we will be held back.

In a world of stupid money for players £20m isnt excessive for a striker, when you compare Beckford's £12m valuation all those years ago, we actually got around £11m for him. McGreedy £11m a couple of years ago so Woods valuation is in line with those. We need another striker so wouldnt want to sell him then have to buy 2 more. I saw some stats earlier this week that had Woods strike rate for time on pitch at 55%, the next best Leeds player was Antonnson on 50% even 2nd top scorer Bartley was on 44% then all downhill, unless you have Denton on 100% which sort of scuppers your stats. Keep Woody if we can

Pontus deal is resolved in legal teams as he signed a pre contract. Leeds are fulfilling terms of said contract which means we now can sign him on July 1st as a Leeds player. The hard part is not accepting offers for him after that.

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

can you hear me ?
    just testing vocals for tomorrow <laugh>

4. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all. A club with ambition should not be talking about selling its best asset.
    I will never be sure of who is who and what is what at Elland Road until Santa Clause snuffs it.Johnny Giles didn't miss many spot kicks.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  5. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

GFH don't own any shares in LUFC Doc, Cellino bought them out, lock stock and barrel, only thing that exists is the money owed to GFH.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  6. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

If we can get 20 mill for Wood I say sell him.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Finish it for you Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooowwwwwwwwww

8. lifecheshirewhite

Lets hope you remember the rest of it,millwall by sat,you need to go more often.

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Morning all. Dont care what we are offered for Wood, he must be kept. Otherwise were not building, were starting again. I expect, by this day week, a lot will have been sorted at the club, including Rads issues with GFH and Monks contract. What the hell, Im only guessing though

ristac and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

If teams really come up with £20 million,Wood will be sold I'm afraid.would take it get the Chelsea guy for a season that Bristol had and a few of the other top young players from Chelsea and City.

seabreeze likes this.

11. Zinzan4

Zinzan4 New Member

Chris Wood is one of those players that needs to feel warm and fuzzy to be a World Beater. If he's not feeling the love then he's rubbish. We all know this though; he struggled in the early days at Leeds and at his other prior clubs.

So I'm torn on him; if he stays at Leeds he will be amazing - btw if you guys have ever watched NZ play you'll know this guy has A LOT more to show us. He'll do the same again in the championship next season for us and would do well in the premier league for us.

But I won't be too fussed if we can get $15-$20m for him. It's good value. With that being said, I think he'd go back to being rubbish; high pressure, uncertainty from the crowd, unfamiliar surroundings and a lack of bedding in time (in terms of playing time if he doesn't score) will be history repeating itself for him ... i.e. career suicide for CW. He'll get a lot of cash but RIP career.

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Welcome to the forum Zinzan.

You're right about Wood. He blocked me on twitter just because I took the mickey out of a penalty he skied into row Z.

Don't think he'll have another season like he did 16-17. I reckon that was a purple patch.

Think what we could do with 20m (we as in LUFC)....

13. Eireleeds1

What do we do with 20m? Replace Wood and have a couple of mill to spare.If the rumours are to be believed, (Im not convinced yet) the Rad has investors lined up all over the shop, China etc so 20m will be virtually irrelevant and wed be far better served keeping players that are proven. Wood and Jansson the first two that spring to mind. They have proven they relish the big game atmosphere at Elland Road where many have failed miserably. It would be nonsense letting either go in my opinion. If the club is ever to move forward, it has got to start with keeping whatever bits of quality we have. Next youll be saying get rid of Viera for 7m <yikes>

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

LeedsLover you need correcting mate. Although you are correct about GFH in 1 respect, you are forgetting that they own a piece of paper called a DEBENTURE. This means that the club owe GFH a price at a certain point in time down the road. It also means Leeds cannot do anything without GFH agreeing to it first. So hope that clears things up. Either Cellino or Radz needs to buy that debenture back but GFH want more money than its worth, as the price agreed was for 5 years time at a set price. To bin them now Radz is trying to do it early but GFH want higher price.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Heard a few rumours that Forests new owner is less of a saint than Cellino.

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Don't you start <doh>

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Ben Mansfield has gone....

please log in to view this image

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good arrterrnoon from zumerzet.yes i am down in north zumrrzet where the cider apples grow.
    Party night tonight where i intend to sample the local fruit juice.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good afternoon, just got back from Christchurch, A34 was a nightmare but apart from that it was a decent trip.

ellandback likes this.