1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 17, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

PaulMak‏@paulmakler 2m2 minutes ago
    PaulMak Retweeted Chris Turner

Gotta take my new TV back. Looked on the planner for the play off final, thought it was midweek, turns out there's no mention of Wednesday ?

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

You're obviously too thick to follow the links I provided before bumping your gums. Read the BBC & Telegraph articles. There are quite specific that the guy who's been announced as the new owner is EXACTLY the same guy who got the knockback. So are you going to tell me that he was somehow in both halves of the consortium? <doh>

And just to be clear for you - they have only passed the EFL F&P test. The big news is that the PL might not have let them into the PL had they won the play-offs. Again, read the articles & see that fact is easier to prove than fairy tales.

4. Whitejock

This is getting tedious. And all because you don't read the links provided to the evidence. Again.

I'll only quote the Telegraph. Hopefully one quote will do you as no doubt you'll skip the paragraph if you ever get round to following the links. I also note that once again you provide no links. <doh>

"And although it is understood the deal for Reading has been structured differently – in a way that appears to have satisfied the EFL – the Premier League will not disregard the consortium’s failure to satisfy its misgivings about the doomed Hull buyout during any assessment it conducts of the new owners.

That could lead to the unprecedented situation of a club being denied access to the Premier League if they secure promotion".

Note that I have only presented speculation provided by (allegedly) informed sources that have been reported in the media - so no incorrect speculation on my part TC. But then, you knew that.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  5. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Google is your friend remember ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eague-won-t-block-Reading-gain-promotion.html

6. Whitejock

I've read it and assume you're referring to the paragraph:

"The belief is that should Reading be promoted to the Premier League, the new owners will have to go through hoops, but that given what is at stake and the financial rewards on offer, that is not likely to be a problem".

It's speculation. A different flavour of speculation from the other sources I quoted, but nevertheless speculation, and no quote is provided from the PL to back it up.

7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I don't need an article to back it up <doh>

I heard it staight from the horses mouth over a week ago from my mate Nigel (Don Howe's nephew)

8. Whitejock

So why use an article to back it up then? <doh>

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Because you wouldn't listen (for a change) as you know best <doh>

10. Whitejock

Listen to what? Your unsupported & uncorroborated ramblings? I simply presented the current majority view from the media, not an opinion, and not personal speculation. And you know that fine well.

You just like your silly little juvenile games. And when it comes to bullying, let's just say that you're not passive.

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

<laugh>