1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 12, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

How much revenue will we make by selling our unwanted / wantaway players in the Summer?

This is what O'Rourke reckons!

3m for Taylor

500k for Silvestri

1m for Bellusci

500k for Dave

250k for Murphy

Personally, I'd get rid of Cooper as well, and would expect £750k.

Do you agree with these figures?

We have got a massive midfield, and whether you like it or not, we have been poor in he middle of the park last season.

Would you keep Hernandez?

Putting aside that he is a Leeds Utd youth product, does Phillips make the grade?

Think about Bridcutt's wages, could we get better for our money?

Is the Dynasty over for Dallas? (I'll get my coat)

Should we keep O'Kane.

Unless we are ruthless, we may not progress, BUT what f we give away a starlet?

Warrington v Martinez

please log in to view this image

Who will win?

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I'd start by selling some mids and then bring in a couple of attacking mids, unless we start assaulting opponents goals from the middle as well we ain't going to get promoted, we get over run too often, and opponents seem to score quite a few goals down middle.

Keep O'Kane, he likes to push forward and threaten the defenders.

It's ok bringing through academy players, but if the clubs on a mission to go for promotion then we have inexperienced players on field, not sure Coyle or Phillips are ready for the pressure of going for promotion just yet, Riveira is hot and cold but pressure can get to him from time to time.

We need more strike power upfront as well, if Monk stays and he does the same old same old then we won't even make top 6 next season imo.

Chances are we're going to need to strengthen our defence as a back up.

Radz has a 5 year plan, can't see him giving Monk a 5 year contract, if he does I reckon we'll still be in championship in 4 years time.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Van Gaal - he's miles bigger than the other two :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

The Italian riviera should be nice and hot this time of year <whistle>
    Viera on the other hand will be even better next year <ok>

lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Well only offload players and get decent money if theyre wanted. Personally Id prefer to see players coming in first before the fire sale otherwise itll look like were still strapped for cash and only likely to spend the pittance we get for that lot. Saw a tweet earlier, but hadnt time to follow it that gfh may be in a position to tie Rads hands somewhat in upcoming takeover. No isea if genuine but surely couldnt still be the case, or COULD it

6. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all. The basic requirements for a good team are an organised defence and a good spine 1,5.and 9. I believe we have players at the club to do this. Get a regular and well drilled defence and confidence and team performance will follow.

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Morning Ell,

Agree with the Taylor fee. Hear it'll be £3-4m. Not so sure about the others, as other teams know we desperately want rid, & that pushes prices low. It's more about reducing the wage bill when transfer fees are so low, I think. Murphy is realistic, Bellusci for £1m is fantasy, but the others are just a bit off IMO. No way would I get rid of Cooper. Already proved he's a capable CB, & one who's able to be a second fiddle. We'd need to bring in 3 CBs much better than him (inc Bartley, hopefully) before we could let him go. We won't. LB requires signing too.

I still think that Diagouraga is our best DM, but Monk doesn't, so that's that. Pity, IMO. So do we keep our present DMs? Yes, unless we sign a stonker. If one had to go, it would be a toss up between Bridcutt & Phillips for me, preferably Bridcutt. We really need a killer no. 10., but I'd hang on to Hernandez as backup. Still think we overplayed him this season & offered him no competition. Need a couple of wingers too, unless we want to persist in playing strikers as wingers. Wee Barrie McKay of Rangers would be a brilliant addition IMO. If we don't sign him this year, he'll be off to a PL team next year.

I can't think of many more changes we need to make - unless players leave unexpectedly & we have to replace them. The clamour would be for a backup CF, but where do you find an excellent, high-scoring CF that would want to be a backup? If he does want to be a backup, we don't want him!

I honestly believe we need to focus on getting the right players in before we start to offload. We already have a small squad, so if you sell first, buy later, then everyone will know you're desperate & bump up the prices. I'm not just talking other clubs here - it's the agents that are more of a worry.

I would also try to avoid wholesale changes to the squad. We've been guilty of that before, the most recent being this season! Quite often impacts on your start to the season, as we all witnessed.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    ellandback likes this.
  8. Whitejock

Here we go again.

We scored plenty of goals, and let in very few. If we'd maintained our rate for each at the beginning & end of the season, we would probably have got promoted automatically. We bottled it in the run-in. The poorer goals record, for or against, followed on from that. So if Monk does the 'same old same old' as you call it, we're prolly going up.

And just exactly what would you do with this extra strike power up front? Replace our accidental top goalscorer? Wouldn't surprise me.

We'll benefit from this year's experience, as a team & for the players individually, and with a few tweaks, we will be a promotion force next year. Buying in loads of untried 'talent', changing the manager & tactics will get us nowhere.

If this is an yet another WUM session, then it worked. You've wound me up. After a sensational season, you're still all about negativity & want to change everything that's proved to be successful. For what? And why? Thank fcuk you have no say in the matter.

davy, FORZA LEEDS, Jammy 07 and 2 others like this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Its hot here in greece im frazzled hic.:emoticon-0103-cool:

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Lov
    love it

Irishshako likes this.

11. Whitejock

12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt be any great surprise though. Easy building in theses deferred payment clauses at the start, not so easy coming up with the cash it seems

13. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Going to this..
    Wants see Nicola Adams get wiped out on the undercard....

14. Whitejock

Aye, but payment date is such a simple yet essential part of any contract. I would have been fired if I'd negotiated something as vague as this.

15. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

the deal was done with cellino who now wants the payment defered until after he sells the club <ok>

Rad is no fool and wont be suckered <laugh>

17. Whitejock

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Not anymore! <wah>

But it is Friday and there is a bottle of merlot that needs opening. I wont be buying any more once we have drunk what was in the house already. A bottle a week will see it gone by 2019. Polished off the beer and lager over a bbq last night.

Seem to be living on olives, peppers, fruit. White meat and fish.... How are you supposed to drink 8 litres of water a day?

19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fifa investigating Pontus Jansson's transfer to Leeds. Torino due £3.5m after triggering compulsory fee when he played 20 games

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all - I think the figures are about right apart from Bellusci, sounds too much to me. I guess a lot depends whether or not Monk is the man in charge next season. What the figures don't show is the saved wages from the returning loans that we had here.