1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 8, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

A disappointing 1-1 draw at already relegated Wigan Athletic just about proved it the the most optimistic of Leeds folowers that we were not ready for the top flight yet!

The stats show that we had won 2 out of our last 10 games, but why?

Did we bottle it?

Did we run of of juice?

Was it down to off the field problems?

Talking about off the field problems, Charlie Taylor refused to play yesterday. Surely, something needs to be done to keep disruptive activity like this at a minimum.

Whats the worst Taylor can do?

He can be fined 2 weeks wages!

Is that going to bother him?

No!

Are other clubs that will be following his movements going to be bothered?

Not in the slightest, if I'm honest with you. Think back to the Woodgate / Bowyer incident. After the court case, a newspaper (think it was either the Mirror or the Sun) asked every Premier league club if they would sign Bowyer if he became available. Every one said No categorically.

Just weeks later, Bowyer moved on with a host of clubs wanting to snap him up.

It was revealed yesterday that Radrizzani's 100 per cent control of Leeds is imminent and that talks have already taken place between Rad and Monk.

Let's hope no time is wasted...

The-Don likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good morning all from a grey, damp and chilly Winterton-on-Sea.

I was so uninterested in yesterday's score, I didn't know what it was until after the game.

After the abysmal end to the season I'm just glad it's finished so we can see what is on the table for next season.

Interesting article in regards to Monks interview, it sounds like he wants to remain and looks like he has confirmed the full takeover is nearly complete
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/801609/Garry-Monk-Contract-Leeds-United-Championship-News I say wants to remain but as long as he is given backing

Charlie Taylor = Vile and disgusting behaviour and I would love the team he joins to get relegated.

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, any idea what the weather is going in Bardsey?

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning from a sunny Kefalonia after a full buffet breakfast i am once again slone.she who must not be disturbed has fallen asleep again.it is not rise to prod the croc when asleep.so i have been watching a bird

Irishshako and ristac like this.
  5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

A bird of prey that is.greek internet is a bit strange .

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Waiting game now until backroom stuff is all sorted. I am cautiously optimistic. Ive not been a fan of Taylors all season and doubted the sore toes etc that kept him out for numerous games. In hindsight, we should have sold the bollix, and thats what he is, but then of course Cellino would have been hammered for that. Anyway, Ive been proven right and dont wish him the best wherever he goes. In fact, I sincerely hope he is a failure and Ill take great pleasure in it if he does fail. Sick of these young lads thinking they are bigger than Leeds United. Fair play to Tony Dorigo on twitter last night telling Taylor what he was

davy, Irishshako and Farsleyexile like this.
  7. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he's done it. He was always leaving so it was a chance to play a final game for the club that gave him a chance. Now he looks like a ****.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On Taylor it has come out that he would have stayed as long as Cellino was going & we got promoted. He has the same agent as Lewis Cooke & Byram & there has been an undercurrent in the dressing room since Jan window. Even Lucy Ward was shocked at his antics yesterday and she took a batteringon social media which was unfair. She spent 10 years with Charlie and was sorry he did what he did. Hes now one of our good kids who will be trashed forever by Leeds fans and deserved.

If Monk signs fairly quick we get a good start to pre season with a full squad of players, if not we get left behind whilst we look for a manager

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you search "Cellino Taylor" there are dozens of links to articles last July and Cellino slamming Taylor. The damage was done long ago, it doesn't justify Taylor's decision but it does show what damage can be done by an owner shooting his mouth off

Doc likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wakey, hope you're having a good time.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, well said...

Attached Files:

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah Cellino has been brilliant, but that doesn't excuse Taylor's advisers and shows he isn't that interested in his football education as Monk has tried all season long to sort him out. Taylor played in every game for a season and a half and then he got arsey again. refusing to play means he never listened to Monk's advice and thought he knew best. he will struggle getting regular footy in the prem just like Sam & Lewis as they are not the finished articles

13. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Morning All Crew :)

Farsleyexile likes this.
  14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Who the **** are you?

15. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

The invisible mod :emoticon-0109-kiss:

Irishshako likes this.
  16. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Biggest upset for me on Sunday was that we didn't blood any youngsters. Bailey Double-Barrel should have been a nailed on starter, plus any other suitable contenders - even if it was sitting on the bench for the first time. A missed opportunity IMO. Even Evans, chasing a contract by winning as many games as poss at the season end, blooded Viera in the last game. Monk wasn't under the same pressure, so it's a major disappointment for me. Then again, it might signal that he doesn't rate any of our kids, which is prolly more of a concern!

Taylor? Ridiculous. If he can play silly buggers, then so should the club. We should make him train on every day that remains of his contract, and fine him 2 weeks wages on every occasion where he doesn't turn up / is late / picks his nose / scratches his arse etc. And hope he seriously breaks his leg.

Leeds should have this investigated by the FA, if it is possible, & try to get the agent suspended for offering such stupid advice to Taylor. Won't happen. FA will love it, no doubt.

17. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Anyone who says they do not want to play for the club should be transfer listed and not considered for selection. This should have been done months ago.

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Did you know that in January 2013, Becchio refused to play for us. Warnock made him play in the Barnsley fixture that they won 2-0, and two weeks later was swapped for Morison.

19. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

And yet he played them in the FA Cup, including a kid whose brother was shot dead three days earlier <doh>

Makes no sense at all

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator