1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 3, 2017.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Do I get a Soppy Bollocks Trophy? Nothing else will do. :1980_boogie_down:

2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

You get Farsleys saggy bollocks

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    MIGHTY likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> brilliant..........Glory must have been the gumpy one on the end:emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

You'll never be able to listen to an Elvis song again without thinking of that

5. Irishshako

That's your opinion Glory, Viera may well develop into the greatest player ever, but he's still making the same mistakes and doesn't seem to be learning from them. Your hatred of Dallas is getting a bit boring now. But at least you've moved on from your Cellino bashing crusade.<ok>

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  6. Irishshako

Morning Eire..:grin:

7. Irishshako

<doh>.......Farsley won't like that:grin:

OLOF likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Morning Shaks. Are you over again this season

Irishshako likes this.
  9. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Farsley takes no furkin notice now :emoticon-0127-lipss

10. Irishshako

Sorry Eire for late reply, I had to leg it for work. Yes I'm over for the Norwich match<ok>

11. Irishshako

<laugh>.......well I remember what you said and so I'm trying to keep to my side of the bargain<ok>

12. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Cellino will be bashed if his dicking about last summer is the difference in promotion or not.
    I never said viera will be great. I said he is fantastic for his age and MIGHT get better.

Dallas is as good as he is ever going to be.... We will have to differ on how good we think he is...

13. Irishshako

Fair enough Glory, But I never said Dallas was brilliant, I said I liked him and yes Viera has youth on his side and may turn out to be a very good player, but I said that at this stage of his development I wasn't sure about him. But as the song goes.......ALL LEEDS AREN'T WE<ok>

ristac and Chippy / Glory like this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This season, 99% of Leeds fans probably agree that Wood, Green, Bartley, Ayling, Berardi, Pontus are first names down on the team sheet, then the problems start.

I don't really care who starts out of Dallas, Doukara or Sacko and I don't care in regards to Hernandez or Roofe, when you look at the defensive pairing Bridcutt, O'Kane, Philips, Vieria they are all pretty much equal and that has been our short fall this season.

Are we fulfilling our potential or are we exceeding it?

I think we are probably batting above our station slightly due to the fact the 5 players in midfield are letting us down. On paper there isn't a stand out player but in reflection I think results were better when we had O'Kane, Dallas and Sacko in the starting 11 together. Maybe some combinations just work slightly better than others?

I don't rate Sacko but maybe his pace enabled another player more freedom, I don't overly rate Dallas but maybe his defensive qualities enabled another player to attack more. Our balance just seems out at the moment or maybe I am looking too deeply for excuses.

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  15. Irishshako

Very sensible post Ristac<ok>

ristac likes this.
  16. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Just read this Ristac & I'm in full agreement. I just posted on the highlights thread & sorta touched on the same subject. We've lost our way since we brought in the 2 wingers in January & tried to slot them into a team that was playing well (as a team). It's been a bit of a huff & puff since then. As for the DMs, I think our best performances came when Bridcutt was out injured & we played with O'Kane & alternated between Viera & Phillips. TBF, O'Kane has gone off the boil, but who knows what a little breather might have done for him.

I've said before that IMO, Sacko gets played because of the threat of his pace. But that threat lessens each game he plays & does bugger all with his pace. We've been found out, I think.

Irishshako and ristac like this.
  17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

One question to all. is everyone just overreacting? Did we seriously think we are going to win 46 out of 46? Do we not expect a dip in form both fro the team and individuals in it? Are you brilliant every single day in your jobs? GM has delivered a season none were expecting, whether we can go on or not it's been fantastic. Sky Sports has had LUFC because of it. Think he needs the support of all to keep us in the playoffs. If the squad is so limited as all say then GM and his team deserve no criticism whatsoever, he wouldn't have got it if we had the **** season we anticipated.

ristac, FORZA LEEDS and gombawn like this.
  18. Eireleeds1

No over reaction from me. Still expect us in the playoffs and as good a chance as any of going up. Been saying that a long time

19. Irishshako

Agreed we've had a good season so far compared to others. But if we don't make the play-offs then I dread to think what will happen over the few months that follow. It's amazing that Monk was one game away from sacking. The other thing is that TBF to Cellino he hasn't been sticking his nose in and has been very quiet over the time that the team has been doing well.<ok>

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I have said it for months monk is unlikely to be here next year. If Cellino wanted him then he would have given him a contract..... Simple as that.