1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

The FA has released the following update regarding Massimo Cellino.

On 3 February 2017, Cellino’s 18-month suspension for breaching The FA’s Football Agent Regulations was reduced to 12 months following a successful appeal. The Leeds United owner also had his £250,000 fine reduced to £100,000.

The sanctions imposed by an FA Appeal Board against Cellino have now been stayed pending the outcome of a legal challenge brought by Cellino in arbitration pursuant to FA Rule K.

Cellino alleges the decision of the FA Appeal Board was irrational, procedurally unfair, and that there was apparent bias. All other aspects of the arbitration shall remain confidential until such time as a decision has been made. Once a decision has been reached by the tribunal it will be published.

It appears that this appeal is purely related to Cellino's charges. Leeds as a club are likely to accept reduced fine of £200,000.

Charlie Taylor is back, well back training at least!!!
    charlie taylor ‏@charlietaylor09 15h15 hours ago
    Can't wait to be back
    please log in to view this image

At least this gives up the option of moving Ayling to centre back if needed, and playing Berardi in his natural position of right back!

Doukara has won an award <yikes>

please log in to view this image

Goal of the month for January!!!

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Monk was being interviewed last night on Sky Sports in regards to rumours he is wanted by Rangers.

Now what did the new co-owner say was top of his list and wasn't it about 6 weeks ago now that he said it?

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  3. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Can't see Monk leaving us for Rangers. But who knows?

On Taylor, I can't see Monk rushing him back, as Beradi has done a decent job at LB. That said, Taylor's return does give us options, which is good news for this part of the season

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Saw that Ristac. Morning all by the way. Id forgotten the new co owner till you mentioned that. Hes either been brilliant, toiling away behind the scenes and attracting no publicity or utterly useless. Monk will be wanted by many clubs in the summer, a contract would help but ultimately only promotion will see him with us next season. Strange thing is, if were were to get promoted, Monk mightnt last a wet week in the PL anyway. Strange game

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Cellino is set to buy Brescia in the summer reports over here are stating so he is deffo going, so no way will Monk get a contract with you guys. and the pull of Rangers if they want him will see him leave <ok>

6. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Mighty. What's Cellino leaving & buying Brescia got to do with whether or not Monk gets an extension?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Dont think your new guy will keep him he will want to bring in all his own personnel i also think if that was ever likely not to be the case Monk would have a contract by now <ok>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Boggers if cellino goes and Raddy takes full control things at Leeds will get 200% better <ok>

9. Eireleeds1

Well win Champions League so <ok>

davy and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The point been that Monk is effectively in the shop window and has no meaningful contract With us. Understandably his responses were not an "I am staying at Leeds". Let's put it this way, we fail to go up and Monk will be gone unless his contract is sorted before it happens.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

yes of course you will <doh>

12. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Morning all. Half-term and busy looking after my nine year old daughter. As long as Cellino is wasting his money and not the clubs I don't give a **** about his appeal. Regarding Taylor, it's good as both Bartley and Ayling are one booking away from a suspension and conceivably they both could pick them up in the Ipswich game.

13. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

To be quite honest, i am fkg sick and tired of all the unrest that is targeted at our club, if its not Cellino, then its those useless twats at Lancaster gate, if they are quiet then the sewer rats of the media will start to inject a story and cause unrest, the scenario over Sam Alladyce took the biscuit on that witch hunt.
    Why would Garry Monk leave us and go to a team that is 3 or 4 seasons behind Celtic and are going to be second or third best in that league for a good while, plus they would definately struggle in this league let alone challenge Celtic
    Cellino and the new guy want to blow this out of the water, offer Monk a 3 year deal and guarantees of squad strengthening in the summer, get the loanees that he wants signed up, get rid of the deadwood and have a nice fresh start in the Championship next season, because i personally think we are just short of being ready to go up, i would hate to be promoted and given a good hammering every other week..............MOT

14. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

totally agree and no we are not ready to go up.if we went up autos next season and dare we say champions then i would take that.

15. Leedsoflondon

I think you answered your own question there. I think the Rangers connection is probably his agent giving the owners a nudge about his contract situation. Nothing ups your pay more than interest from other clubs.

Whitejock likes this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Trouble is how many of the players will still be here for that?

17. Eireleeds1

Being ready now to go up is not really relevant though. Likely half of current squad would not be playing in the PL and would need to be replaced by a higher level of player. Easily done in the summer given the proper backing by the owners and cash injection that promotion SHOULD mean. Its all about getting out of this league

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

perhaps a thread should be started about who is confident about winning the play offs.we have a dismal record so far.

19. Eireleeds1

I think if were honest, few would be

20. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

I would be over the moon if we simply reached the play offs.

davy and Whitejock like this.