1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 10, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Kemar Roofe has been passed fit to play Cardiff tomorrow.

Should he start?

How much has he improved since the beginning of the season?

Coincidently, over 30,000 tickets have now been sold for the Cardiff clash.

Monk is hoping to have Charlie Taylor back in training next week.

The clubs Player of the Year last season hasn't featured for Leeds since suffering an Achilles injury in the game with Brentford before Christmas.

The injury has seen him miss the last ten games and he will not be expected to return before the clash with Sheffield Wednesday, missing at least another three games.

"We are very hopeful Charlie will be back out on the pitches next week which will be good, but everyone else is raring to go," Monk told his pre-match press conference ahead of the game with Cardiff City this weekend.

"It is important we have as many bodies fit as possible, it keeps training competitive and gives us different options available in matches."

Chris Wood has stated that he has not desire to quit Leeds and if the club’s owner thinks he is worth £15million then he regards it as “happy days”.

“Why would I leave here when we could be in the Premier League come May? It’s a no-brainer,” Wood told the Daily Mail.

“This is where I’m doing so well, it’s perfect. And if the owner says I’m worth £15m…happy days!”

Popey has suggested that Huddersfield playmaker Jack Boyle featured for Leeds' U23's earlier in the week.

The youngster is contracted with David Wagner's men until 2018.

But given his trip to Elland Road, he could be heading for the exit at Huddersfield.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

BREAKING: @manutd's net debt as of December 31 increased by £87.2m to £409.3m.

To put this into perspective, HMRC tried to wind up Gosport Borough in late 2016 over a £7,500 tax bill.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  3. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Morning all. Chris has made very good progress and I suspect James Beattie has has had a lot to do with that as well. I remember watching the Soccer AM feature where they came to take part alongside Chris in those striker drills. Seeing that and his goal against udders, he's certainly developed his touch and control a lot.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Lee, must admit, we have a good management team in Monk, Clotet and Beattie. Best we have had in a long time.

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

True of a lot of players and especially strikers, but wood is very much a confidence player. My understanding is he's always looked the part in training.

6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

will always get goals if the service is there as once said by Billys statue on here he is the same mould as Teddy Sheringham <ok>

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Thats felt like a short week. Wendies game not far away. Cant wait

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all. Roofe has now got to step up as a striker if he wants to go further, as wings are now filled with Big Al & Mo, plus Sako & Dallas, so he has to get in among the goals now. Wood has been a revelation this season and wonder if Steve Evans should take some of the credit, as he stood him down and told him to get fit. He did and looked sharper and sleeker and this season he has been firing and really looks like a top striker in the making. Roofe & Wood have history playing together with West Brom so maybe and especially after we missed out on bringing anyone else in.

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Milky, Wood was strugling as the beginning of the season, and was even dropped for a game early on. The transformation is unbelievable.

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

The idea of steve Evans telling someone to get fit amuses me.

'Chris, you need to lose some timber laddie... so let me finish that pie for you'

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

12. lifecheshirewhite

Only more particular about who he plays for.<ok>

Morning all

13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Sounded to me like "if the owner thinks I'm worth 15 million my agent will be in to discuss my pay rise" <laugh>

ristac likes this.
  14. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

glad pontus jansen has signed , there must be plans for more players coming majority mght be in summer hope its not too late !

15. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Did you notice the southern pooftah who has put us in the get wet seats was trying to make out we were in for a rather better experience than we actually are! Over promised and under delivered. Disappointed now!!!
    The least he can do is buy us beer all day as an apology, agreed?

I also spotted that as soon as strippers were mentioned the young lad has been told he cant come. I thought it was only McContract that abandoned his kids!

16. Chippy / Glory

Sounded to me like - if we go up I stay if not them I am off.

17. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Afternoon all

Not to slag the poor lad off but do we need a kid that is in Huddersfield's development squad. Yes he might have the POTENTIAL talent but how long is that going to take hone in. I think we need to look at some factors here...

1) Is he good enough now? it's alright bringing in another young lad but I don't want to be sat with another Philips. Yes Phillips has finally made the grade now but we've been waiting years for Philips to come good. Can we wait another 2 or 3 years for Boyles to make the grade.

2) IS he a replacement for Mowatt? To be honest I wasn't upset to see the back of Mowatt but if Boyle is Mowatt's replacement is he going to hit the road running. The poor lad has to get infront of the likes of Viera and Phillips and not to mention the first choice midfielders... IE Bridcutt and O'Kane.

3) Should we be looking else were? Yup I know it's harsh but there are probably a lot better kids out there not getting a look in a places like Arsenal and Chelsea how could drop down and make a name for themselves. Look at Bamford at Boro.

4) Do we need another Midfielder? I would say we need to bring in a Striker, Center Back and a Left back before we bring in another Midfielder.

If we get Kent in from Liverpool it looks like he will be Duke's replacement. Yes I know the senior squad only has about 26 players but I think we need to be looking at what we don't have and trying to pad out those positions especially in defence cos that what worries me the most at this moment

Farsleyexile likes this.
  18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Im not commenting until I get a ticket :grin:<whistle>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

.You better comment or you aint getting one. They come to me before you!
    and I can sell at a profit!

20. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

If i did not know you better Chirpy, as you sound like a chavy spiv.............sell at a profit <laugh>

Farsleyexile likes this.