1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Sunk by a late goal...

When will Leeds learn?

Yes, I know we scored a unusually late winner against Blackburn, but you only need to go back to the Barnsley game; the turning point was when the Tykes scored in the first half injury time.

We have a habit of it, not so much this season, but its getting there.

When was the last time to played well?

You probably need to go back to the Derby game.

As a club, are we still suffering from a FA Cup hangover?

Now, the Monk and Wagner situation.

Monk deliberately blocked Wagner as he returned to his technical area.

How immature!!!

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. I've few problems with yesterday's performance. Only for a lucky deflection at the end we'd have got a creditable draw and would have been drooling this morning. Fine lines. As for the Wagner monk thing, had referee done his job Wagner wouldn't have been running back at all but sent off. As I've said earlier, it was handbags and hardly merits the attention it's getting. We're still in a great position for the playoffs. Likely Huddersfield and reading will be in there too so to win them will require some effort

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Playoffs for us, keep Wood fit and play like we did against Derby and we'll have every chance, play like we have last couple of games and if Wood gets a knock we have no chance.

Strange as it might sound, I think our season will hinge on Pedrazza and Barrow. Doukara has now become like Mowatt one good game then lives on reputation for the next few.

Monks actions were silly but I believe it showed some passion and pain going a goal down. His actions could prove very damaging as we picked up needless bookings because of it. I didn't like what he had to say afterwards Wagner did what a lot of managers now seem to do when scoring late on, letter of the law wrong but any harm?

We've now got two back to back home games against lower half teams, we need 6 points because the talk of top two was building and expectations a little carried away, I think it will still need all our concentration to finish top 6

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning all.i was aspeed off as everyone else yesterday but here is my opinion on going forward.
    We need to play one up top and only one winger away from home.we must stifle the opposition of possesiondallas would start for me and we need two more with viera and he needs to be coached about his passing its wastefull.the number of times he gave it away was terrible.others were guilty two.
    A point away is fine for me if it means we win at home .a play off place would be ours.turn it on at home by all means .
    A play off place would be a fine achievement this season.
    As for monk and Wagner let the powers be decide that one i dont care.side before self and on we go .
    Proud of the players this season.M.O.T.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

All good points. Problem, of course, is if we fail to win the playoffs, can we keep the quality parts of the squad together and coaching staff or will we be starting again in June?

6. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Good morning all. I think most people would have acted as Gary Monk did he was disappointed to have been beaten by a lucky (for them) deflection and peeved at the over reaction of David Wagner. No harm done both forget it.On the bright side Alfies first two touches suggest that we might have signed a player who will be more than useful.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all. Yesterday summed up our season really, as we have done brilliant under Monk and for the money we paid for the squad hes done the business. however we only seem to have one outlet for goals, no team has ever got promoted without having at least 2 regular scorers, and usually a regular from midfield. so for me we will struggle to go up unless Pedraza is the key to add more strike power and creativity. Duke for a big fella is a pussy and disappoints me almost every time he gets the nod.

8. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Couldn't give too flying fudges about what went on between Monk and Wagner TBH.

I think if we pull our finger out of our arses we can make the top 2 but we need to do it quickly. That's 2 Yorkshire Derbys we've lost in the space of 4 weeks and TBH it's not good enough.

I think our Transfer activity last month will bit us in the arse cos Barley is close to a 2 or 3 match ban and we have Cooper as back up and I've lost my faith in him.

On to Ristac's point on Doukara. Completely agree with you but I'm going to take it one step further he's been doing it for a couple of seasons now. I think he had such a terrible first season that people start praising him when he has one good game and then they ignore the next 2 games where he plays his usual football and that's below par.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree, he gets dropped, a new coach comes in and at some stage of the season gives him another chance and he plays fantastic, we all praise the coach for getting "the best out of him" and two games later he is back to the standard he played previously and the resaon why he was dropped.

Moving forwards, Roofe had a rib injury so I suspect not too bad. I think Doukara's days are numbered (unless Wood gets injured) as are Sacko's. Pedrazza was always going to be introduced fairly early in the second half and I think the initial plan was to replace Dallas.

However, at half time Monk switched Dallas and Doukara around, I believe this was in anticipation of taking Doukara off first.

I wonder if Monk will be brave enough to start with Barrow and Pedrazza next time or if we will see Pedrazza, Hernandez, Roofe (more likely) and Barrow coming on second half. This would give us flexibility as Barrow could come on for Hernandez and Roofe move over or a direct swap for Roofe.

I have a feeling O'Kane might start too...

10. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

I thought Doukara had finally turned a corner under Monk but the last few games he has reverted back to the same old ****. I was willing to give him another try offer him another contract but the last few games has given me my original mindset on him.

Something has happened to Sacko but we've now got 4 winger in the squad so maybe having Barrow and Alfie will give him the boot up the arse that he needs. Hopefully we can start playing Roofe upfront instead of the wing. Hopefully it will give Doukara the boot up his arse that he needs.

I would start with Alfie against in the next game

Farsleyexile likes this.

11. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

From what i've seen of Leeds this season, we have no chance of auto's. Can only think of the Derby game where we looked dominant. Our attacking threat is u/s, lose Wood and our goals have gone. Best we can hope for is playoffs. We need some good signings this summer or i feel we'll never get up despite Monks best efforts. Saying that we are due a change of luck in the playoffs.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

John Smiths stadium my arse, should be called THE KENNEL.

13. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

Right then, some thoughts on yesterday. Gonna talk about the football first and the scenes at the end afterwards.

Firstly, this may not go down well Jannson disappointed me yesterday. He was out of position for both goals and should have been on both scorers.
    It will be argued that he was out covering the right and left back but him being the hero made his own position a liability.
    Also every clearance he made seemed to land at the feet of a dog botherer. Except of course for that but of magic he did in the first half. I love Jannson but he isn't above criticism.

Over the 90 minutes I thought it was a lot closer than a lot of people were saying and few could argue that a draw would have been fair.

I think Roofe being injured was a big factor. I doubt Monk would have wanted to play both new signings so soon in such a big match. Once they were both on we looked disjointed and slightly lost. That's when they looked their most dangerous.
    Not knocking the new guys but if we had been able to bring Roofe on I think we would have been better organised.

I personally thought the ref was not as bad as some make out. He let a lot of things go but I do agree he was quicker to a yellow card for us then them.

Wagner. What an utterly classless Mourhinio wannabe. By the letter of the law he should have the book thrown at him for what he did yesterday. He broke so many rules which started a brawl. I love to see passionate managers but that was over the top.
    Why was Monk sent to the stand? He never raised his hand to the German t##t and said very little to him. The fourth official was perfectly placed to relay this to the ref.

Disappointing day yesterday but it was just one game. On to the next win.

14. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Monk was sent to the dressing room.wagner was able to sit a few seats back.more bias from the ref.he booked one of ours and then not theirs on our same player.

ellandback and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

16. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Pontus closing in on 3 match ban too. Then possible touchline ban for Monk as it is Leeds afterall.