1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 2, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Leeds left it late last night, and you know what.....

I'm pleased we left it late!!!

Obviously, it shows we can grind out a 1-0 or 2-1 when we really need to; It also shows we never give up until the final whistle...

But psychologically the dog botherers, the Royals, the Rams and the Wendies would not have expected Leeds Utd to do that!

Al too many times this season have we seen the above teams grab a winner with the last kick of the game, it's just the way it goes.

That sort of thing doesn't happen to Leeds; until last night!!!

After the game Monk was speaking to @PhilHay. Monk had told the hierarchy that he is satisfied that the squad is stronger than it was at as the transfer window opened.

He went on to say he had spoken to Leeds about being more organised and trying not to leave business as late as the did last month.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I'm tipping Cameroon to beat Ghana tonight 5/2 odds.

Ghana always seem to bottle it on the big accassion, whilst Cameroon have done it all before.

I'm going for Brighton to beat the dog botherers tonight too.

Collectively 8.3/1

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Do you know more about :afro:footie or <diva>footie?

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Glory.

Hows yer leg fella?

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Last nights result may not be the prettiest but at end of season, all the late winners will add up. OK well all remember the quality Derby performance or Sutton fiasco, but that Blackburn winner is equally as important. The late Newcastle og that gifted QPR a draw, showed a little creaking under the pressure on their part. It was a defensive howler so lets keep the pressure up with a result on Sunday morning. Great innit <ok>

6. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

It wasn't pretty last night....****e in fact but its a win!

Wouldn't mind a dog botherer win tonight, never said that before....bring on sunday

7. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

A Huddersfield win for me too tonight- then beat them Sunday

davy and Marcos Barber like this.
  8. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Agreed points are more important than performance at this stage. I think a draw might be better tonight.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  9. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

To be fair Newcastle look like the team more likely to bottle it, are their players up for the fight? They have an awful next 10 games, plenty of points to be dropped.

The sign of a good team is winning when not at the races, that's what we seem to be able to do.

Eireleeds1 and w.c.dukenfieldesq like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I get the impression that Garry Monk is upset, as his last 2 interviews have been barbed. Last night a dig about being more organised in future seems to mean he lost out on somebody. Last interview he made no bones about saying he needed new players. On top of that he hasnt signed a new contract so wtf is the club doing. Jannson hasnt signed yet so wtf is going on. Maybe no problems at all but Monk is like an open book with his mood. 6 loan signings now and we can only have 5 in the squad on match days. Whats happening with Sako, not been selected for a couple of games then dragged off last night.

11. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not a great performance, but another 3pts. All going well. Let's hope we get something out of Sunday, & the two newbies show why they've brought in.

12. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Don't think Mo Barrow will get much game time on Sunday. Throwing him in to a big Yorkshire derby would be a baptism of fire

It would be like Barrow in Furnace :biggrin:

MIGHTY, Farsleyexile, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

<doh>:emoticon-0137-clapp

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, there was no reason for us to conclude business on deadline day, compare that to if we did our business in the first week and look at the games we played without the new additions, Sutton would have been the ideal time to give new players a run out rather than 3rd choice and I agree with Doc, something isn't right with Monk I too sense he is a little unhappy.

Will these new guys start at the weekend or will they need a bit more time to settle I wonder, hard to leave Dallas out after his goal?

We need Huddersfield to go an early goal down tonight and for them to be chasing the game, tire their legs out a bit. I think we should just concentrate on a game at a time and secure the playoff spot, the top two can afford the odd defeat and draw here and there, look at us against Barnsley.

For Newcastle or Brighton to slip out, it is going to take a pretty bad run, Brighton 6 clear of us two games in hand, Newcastle 5 and a game in hand, surely we don't want a Huddersfield win, if they do and we slip up at the weekend the table will look a whole lot different.

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, Newcastle didn't do much January business. Remember hearing that Rafa wanted X, Y and Z player, and the Barcodes said no.

Maybe a bit of friction creeping in...

16. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

yup. He made reference to missing out... presumably on a striker.

Looks to me that because we were looking for loans we left ourselves relying on players who were only available if their current club signed somebody, or would only be available on loan if they couldn't sell them - fletcher, canos. If that's your strategy your business will likely happen on jan 31st, and you're left trying to sign up plans, b,c,d in a hurry. Think its clear monk wanted a striker and a winger, he got 2 wingers and lost a midfielder/10 (from his first team squad).

So, not what he wanted, but better than nothing, seems to be his take... and mine!

Be interesting how 'telling them to get better organised' goes down, knowing MC's love of an outspoken subordinate. Hopefully, Mr 50% can reign him in if necessary.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Paul, hope you both field illegal teams and are deducted 5 points each.

Remember reading O'Leary book and he said something like:

There are times when the pretty football does not work and you have to dig deep, grind out a result, and show a gritty resolve.

That's what we did last night.

18. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Caught a bit of the barcodes game... they were keystone kops at the back. Long may it continue.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

20. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

Most teams do their winter transfer business late on, its like a house chain where everyone is waiting for someone further up the food chain to start the ball rolling.

I'd also be very surprised if Pedraza wasn't very high up on his list of targets

OLOF and bucks_is_leeds like this.