1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 30, 2017.

1. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

Are people really getting so uptight about yesterday?

It was embarrassing, fair enough.

It wasn't however the most embarrassing result we've ever had.

We've been playing quite well lately, a hell of a lot better than we've played for years, with better players.

Its happened, move on.

<ok>

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just read that if we manage to sign Fletcher today Antonsson is on his way out, unwanted by Monk..

Source @reluctantnicko who is a sports journalist, 47k followers tweets are protected, did a google search for him and it appears he is a sports journalist for the Mirror so probably a load of bull.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Marcus in fairness hasnt been fantastic. Scored a goal for the first team, scored some for the U23s including a hatrick. However he hasnt improved and yes it may be too early for him with his best stuff happening next season. But we seem to have another Erwin a prolific lower league striker who cannot step up. I think he would be a quality L1 buy.

4. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

OK for Millfall then...........

Irishshako likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No, far too young

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Agreed RCDM over the 45 years of my blind faith, there have been many embarrassing defeats and with better players in the side. Personally I thought this was a great chance to get into the last 16. We'd either get a plum tie against a Premier side or an easier one against a lower league team. We may have got into the last 8. Anyway it wasn't to be...<wah>

w.c.dukenfieldesq likes this.
  7. Irishshako

Maybe the Wallies could sign him:grin: **** just seen Old Git posted something similar<doh> oh well great minds and all that..<ok>

8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Isn't he from the Spanish Segunda, slightly higher standard than Serie B I reckon, at least the equivalent to our Championship

Looks a decent acquisition

ristac and MIGHTY like this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

****ing hope so

His one redeeming feature according to some was that at least he tries, puts some effort in and tracks back

Well he didn't do any of that yesterday useless **** so he can **** off and be ineffective for someone else

10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

not good enuff for us me old fruit cake we have Morison <whistle>

Irishshako likes this.

11. Irishshako

<laugh> feck off:emoticon-0105-wink:

12. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Finally calmed down enough to offer rational views on yesterday.

Firstly, that was embarrassing. Monk guy it very very wrong. There was no reason at all to make so many changes.
    If it was arrogance and he thought whatever side we put out would walk the game then shame on Monk.

If it was a thinly veiled message to the owners that we do not have a good enough squad and need signings the shame on Monk, if he has to resort to doing that to communicate his point then there is still a lot wrong at Leeds despite all the has gone right this season.

If it was him resting players to concentrate on the league then shame on Monk for doing it wholesale. 4 or 5 changes would have been enough to rest key players and get the win. 4 or 5 changes and 3 subs when 2 or 3 goals up would have been much better. If we are only concentrating on the league then why even bother entering the cups next year.

This weekend has totally destroyed any interest for me in the Fa cup. If from the top Prem teams down to mid level championship teams are not trying their hardest to win it then what is the point of it? This season has sounded the very death knell of the fa cup and without a major overhaul it will cease to be sooner rather than later.

The bbc, btw, make themselves look stupid. They spend half time of the scum game debating whether the cup is dying and what can be done to save it before reminding us to tune into the one show to watch the draw.

13. lifecheshirewhite

Spanish winger having medical today <yikes> £8.5 million if we go up.£300,000 loan contract paid up by Leeds

ristac and ellandback like this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 56m56 minutes ago
    Pedraza's transfer will become permanent in the summer if Leeds are promoted, hence the need for a medical. Fine details still to be sorted.

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 46m46 minutes ag0
    Pedraza played in a Spanish 2nd div. game against Real Zaragoza last night, even though a move to Leeds was on the cards.

Jose Leonardo Ulloa ‏@Ciclone1923 42m42 minutes ago
    With all respect for LCFC FANS. I feel betrayed by Ranieri and let down by the club. I will not play again for them...

15. Eireleeds1

Ive been saying it for many seasons, The FA cup died several seasons back and the League cup, or whatever its now called, is no different. I suspect most fans know this, hence hopeless crowds for lots of games. I couldnt give a toss about yesterdays apparent fiasco but Monk had better get it right for next couple of games.Hoping this new Spaniard is as good as Hernandez. At least 8.5m players are the right calibre to be investing in. Taylors transfer fee in June will cover a good whack of that

hemase likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Whats that third tweet about Ristac? Im a bit slower than usual today

OLOF likes this.
  17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There was a rumour a while back we were after signing him, yes I know along with another 20 or so players so I took no notice. Hay has tweeted it in the last hour, not sure if he is suggesting we might be in for him or not, thought I might as well cover it in with the Pedraza tweets <ok>

A report in the Yorkshire Post has suggested that Leeds United have included Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa on their list of potential targets for the January transfer window.

The Yorkshire Post reports that Garry Monk hopes to bolster his goalscoring options next month as he looks to strengthen the Whites' chances of remaining in the play-off mix until the end of the campaign, and has earmarked three potential options.

Fletcher, Ulloa, Nugent

18. Eireleeds1

Ah OK, thanks for that <ok>

19. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

With regard to resting players for the league. Does anybody think Revie should have rested Clarke in the 72 cup final? Keep in mind that we had Wolves away in the league two days later

20. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image