1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterdays result was as embarrassing as I can remember being a Leeds fan.

What the hell went through Monk's mind.....

I know!!! I'm going to play my development team plus Silvestri, Dallas and Doukara (all fringe players anyway)

And... Let's play 4/4/2, that will fool em!!!!!!!!!!!!

All he would have had to do to balance the side out would have been to play Berardi at left back. That way he and Dallas would have controlled the left hand side.

Play one of our 50 central midfielders (preferably O'Kane. At least that way the younger kids in the team would have actually learned something) ALONGSIDE either Philips or Viera.

That way it gives your defence protection, and there is an outlet to spread the ball forward to attacking positions.

We are talking two players. That would have made the difference.

<wah> <wah> But Elland that would mean they would be tired for Wednesdays game, and what if they got injured????

Well.... O'Kane and Berardi have only played half the games that most of the others have played due to injuries. I very much doubt playing 65 - 70 mins would make any difference at all. Players can get injured in training, what's the difference!

The other absolutely glaring mistake Monk made was not protecting Cooper after he was booked. He should have bought on Ayling just for the second half.

Lastly, and controversially why on earth did Monk bring Wilks on?

I understand the club want to put their arm around him at this truly devastating time, but there are ways to do that.

He has never even made it to the bench for the senior side!

Did Monk throw him on because his brother sadly died?

He he manage a shot at goal, let alone on target, NO!!!

The lad should have been at home with his family coming to terms with the tragic loss of his brother.

I understand that Wilks 'outlet' is football, but yesterday in front of the TV cameras was not the time or the place.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I hope this isn't a negative turning point to the season, yesterday was a disgrace, for all the good he has done yesterday was a bad day for Monk.

I'm concerned that Monk wants a couple of players, we sold Mowatt and still nobody has come in, no new contract for Monk and Jansson is also a little confusing

Sacko being dropped from the squad then being so poor against the likes of Sutton shows it was right to drop him but why? Why has he become so poor almost overnight.

I wasn't concerned at the start of the transfer window now it's obvious we need a quality injection, not some SerieB winger who is the latest to be linked

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, it was Clotet who has identified Alfonso Pedraza (Villarreal winger). Must admit, I don't know much about Spanish football, but it was Clotet who found Jansson.

I thought Sacko was awful. Thought he was coming back from injury though.

ristac likes this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

WRITTEN BY PHIL HAY

Leeds United are on the verge of signing Villarreal winger Alfonso Pedraza on loan, according to reports in Spain. The 20-year-old is expected to fly to England ahead of tomorrow’s transfer deadline after Villarreal cut short his loan deal with Spanish second division club Lugo.

Pedraza, a Spain Under-21 international, has been with Lugo since July but Villarreal are believed to have paid around £300,000 to buy him out of that contract and send him to Elland Road. Sources at Leeds have told the YEP that Pedraza is one of the players on head coach Garry Monk’s list of targets. Spanish newspaper AS said the winger would move to United with a view to joining the club in an £8.5m transfer if Monk’s side secure promotion to the Premier League. Monk has been chasing a winger and a striker throughout the transfer window but is still waiting for Leeds to conclude their first signing with the January deadline less than 48 hours away.

United remain hopeful of agreeing a loan deal for West Ham United forward Ashley Fletcher, whose situation could be altered by the sale of Dimitri Payet from West Ham to Marseille. Payet’s exit yesterday should see West Ham conclude a £12m deal for Brentford striker Scott Hogan, potentially allowing Leeds to step in and take 21-year-old Fletcher on a temporary basis. Leeds have also shown an interest in Norwich City’s Sergi Canos but the Carrow Road club are holding out for permanent bids for the out-of-favour 19-year-old. United have made an offer to sign Canos on loan with an option to buy him in the summer.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Kept eye on score line yesterday but couldn't be arsed reading match reports. I've made my feelings known in many occasions, the FA cup should be scrapped. Nobody seems to show it any respect anymore. As for lack of signings, reasons are painfully obvious. Lack of funds. Our owners either can't or won't release any cash and are hoping to pick up a cheap loan or two

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire

8. patb

patb Well-Known Member

<sorry><sorry>
    especially when the crowd kept shouting SHOOT

9. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Oh, come on, you must do better than that.

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Pat <doh>

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Evening Brissy....

12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

only 16 teams left 2 wins and its wembley gets exciting around this stage so who do you want to get in tonights draw.................oh wait a minute silly me <doh>

13. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

I'm over yesterday already, yes it was embarrassing but if we go to Blackburn on Wednesday and win all will be forgotten.

Just suck it up, Monk got it horribly wrong but I can only think that his team selection was a sly dig at the board and hopefully we will get a couple of signings over the line today and tomorrow.

Just one of those things, we deserved to lose and fair play to Sutton, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter....as long as we don't go in free fall (which I don't think we will).

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Paul

16. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

Good morning :emoticon-0148-yes:

Pedraza and Fletcher today hopefully

ellandback likes this.
  17. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Bye bye Dallas.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

ellandback likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pedraza looks top quality and will scare the shyte out of defenders.
    Yesterday will be worse if we dont beat Blackburn because yesterdays shyte should have been last 16 of the FA cup
    Hay hinted yesterday that trouble back at the camp because of lack of signings, and Cellino doing a bates and saying Monk has enougyh. Last time Bates did that after being top 6 all season we came 7th.
    I hope no long term damage was done to those kids yesterday because they will be taking stick from fans today. Redfearn said a couple of those kids were not even the best kids in the U23s. Glad Wilks got a taste and he wasnt as bad as the others but ......

FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  20. patb

patb Well-Known Member

top o' the morning all