1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Garry Monk has met up with Andrea Radrizzani.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during that talk...

please log in to view this image

Are Reading being found out?

They completed 536 passes last night, but were put to the sword by QPR.

please log in to view this image

Rotherham are interested in Toumani Diagouraga!

Has be been given a proper chance by Monk?

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. How are you all after the great Not606 love in last night. Ye we're all very impressive <laugh>
    Watched reading game and they were shocking, once again proves how unpredictable this league is. Wonder what Staam will be moaning about this time. Armchair and extra cushions at the ready for tonight's game and looking forward to it even though it's nine years since we won a Friday night game.<yikes> Re Radz, would expect some sort of signings or contract movements next week unless

Irishshako likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Diacouraga- I would usually say not given enough of a chance but when we're sitting fifth it's hard to argue about team selection and who would he replace. Monk looks tense in that image, doesn't look the most friendly of encounters.

I would have assumed we might have secured a target by now if we were after one, my only hope is the new guy backs Monk IF he has a shopping list. I guess as fans we were expecting some funds pumped in for the push onwards, if nothing happens we will have GFH in our minds.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the game, as I do with them all. On anti-biotics for poxy chest infection, but good news, asked the chemist could I drink on them and he said yes, so ale is in and ready to go....<party>

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all, hope you feel better about yourselves as you spoke to your feminine side last night, obviously pissed at the time :cheesy: Big chance today to go 3rd but will be probably our toughest test so far. We have recently only been beaten by the teams above us, and Derby are expected to be in the mix and are above us in the form guide. I really hope this happens Monk deserves it for what he's done.

If we had a caption comp for the photo Elland posted it would have to be "Hi Steve you've lost a lot of weight" it looks like they were butting up to each other, but I had heard AR and GM met back in June?

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning i have taken the day off so i can go to the game without rushing around.weather report from wakefield...it is windy but is due to die down.no snow and not freezing.just had a bit of rain but the game looks ok to be on.
    Getting super excited for this one.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, 9 years!!! <yikes>

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, I also would have hoped we would have secured one of our targets by now. That Barnsley forward we were after last season is going to the Wendies...

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Shaks!!! Hope you're feeling better for match time...

Irishshako likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning doc, tough yes, but don't see Derby in the same light as in previous seasons. I'll go 2-2 or a 1-0 Leeds win

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wakey, wish we had a bit of snow down here.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. strachallister

strachallister Well-Known Member

Morning all its fecking snowing here ffs, 2-1 Leeds after going behind to a nugent tap in !!!

13. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

I expect to lose tonight, Derby are our bogey side and more often than not when it matters we get beat.

Although I have been saying I expect to lose most games this season and it seems to work.

However this is our biggest game for many years, we need to get something. Doesn't help that we have a makeshift defence but if we play like we can, then we could well do it.

14. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

On the makeshift defence, Elland said yesterday Taylor and Cooper were good to go. If thats the case, and were only missing Jansson, it mightnt be a disaster. Id like to see us perform in the first half for a change though

15. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. If we are getting any new signings, hopefully these will arrive soon. Of more concern is the need to get Monk and any loanees he wants to keep signed up asap.

On diagoraga, I still think he has a role to play at least as part of the squad, if not in the starting XI. It's only because we're doing so well that is stopping him getting into the team.But I would certainly choose him ahead of Grimes

16. Paul Hopkins

That's a big worry for me, how we seem to not go for it as much first half. I understand this could be the game plan from Monk and it has worked up to now but sooner or later a decent team is going to put a couple past us before half time. Just hope its not tonight....win this and we would seriously have to go off the rails to not get in the playoffs as it will be an 8 point gap

17. Paul Hopkins

Forget Dave, Monk has already said he doesn't fit in with his style of play. He's done.

18. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

If Monk says he doesn't fit, then time to wish him well & send him on his way

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wonder if we will start Berardi at RB and Ayling in the middle... Personally, I would prefer Cooper in the middle, my concern is the returning from injury players, I just hope they can last at least 60 to 70 minutes and we are not having to sub one 20 minutes in ruining a possible tactical substitution if needed later on.

BoggersMOT likes this.
  20. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

Morning all,

Been a while since i've been on here.

I'm nervous about the game tonight! As other have said this is our biggest game in a long time. With Reading losing we can capitalise! Just hope our defence can do the job. If Ayling was to play CB I don't see that as a problem, he should be able to pickup Nugent and keep up with his pace.

Signings-wise would like to see a striker and a winger come in. Possibly another CB as we are very short there.

Really hoping we get the job done tonight! I'm gonna be positive and go 2-1 Leeds!

MOT

Whitejock and BillysStatue like this.