1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Rotherham played 5 across the midfield, and in the first half we were clueless how to combat it, that is a concern!! we have to learn to push up the park 10% more play with a back 3, Ayling improves every game, but Sack was playing too close to him and should have played on the shoulder of there back four, he didnt.
    Sacko and Duke were tired and Monk knew it, Viera came on and thats the closest i have seen to Johnny Giles for many a year, always in space, pinged the ball all over the park then moved into more space and was always available, needs to be contracted up with a 3 year minimum, this lad is the future.(still not heard over Leipzig interested in him?)
    Antonnson needs to be given some play time, his movement off the ball is very clever he drags players all over the place which creates gaps and leaves pockets for people like Hernandez to exploit, all in all very impressed with the second half performance, may it continue.

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Biggest priority we have atm is signing Hernandez - either on an extended loan, or purchasing him. He would be a key loss if he left permanently. Would you really like Mowatt or Grimes in the team instead? <yikes>

davy, Farsleyexile and Jammy 07 like this.
  3. Whitejock

Onto a completely different matter - I see that Mike Dean is under attack for the red card issued to Feghouli for his tackle on Scum's Jones. I watch it incredulously & replayed it frame by frame a number of times to confirm my initial though. And I was right! Jones came out of that clash rolling about gripping his right shin. If you watch the clash, there was zero contact on his right shin. His right leg was over the top of Feghouli's legs, so it would be an impossibility for him to get injured there.

Bottom line? Jones cheated & fooled the ref. No-one seems to have picked up on this. My guess is that he thought he was going to get a red himself, so went into 'injured' mode to get out of it.

Yep, ref got it wrong, but Jones cheated. Anyone else agree, or am I just an over the top scum hater? Well, actually I am, but anyway, anyone else see it my way?

Jammy 07, BillysStatue and OLOF like this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Listened to radio on the way to the game (and whilst she took something back in leeds city centre) and they said jones got him sent off. Then said the previous week someone the scum were playing stopped a scum player getting sent off in a similar dodgy ref moment...

Scum ****s.....

BillysStatue likes this.
  5. Whitejock

But did you watch the clip? Do you agree that he cheated? Unfortunately, due to FA rules, as the ref witnessed the incident, nothing can be done, suspension-wise. Now if that had been a Leeds player .....

6. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Yep i was on the M1 going the other way Chirpy when i heard that, its ****e!!!

Also that Luton player got his leg broke he said something to the ref and he booked him ffs, the standards are poor, and these fookers think they untouchable, yesterday the linesman yes the fkg linesman in the second half was crap 3 clear cut chances but ruled offside, very very poor.

7. Chippy / Glory

He plays for scum and jose of course he cheated! Didnt need to watch it the commentary was damning.

8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched it but given who's involved, I agree with you

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Make you completely right WJ. Didn't think it was a foul on first watching at normal speed, even less so in slow motion. Jones reaction definitely got the player sent off, mind you Mike dean doesn't need much of a chance to help scumchester. Second goal was offside (the scorer one of three off), so the win goes to the officials.

10. Whitejock

Please have a look at the clip, guys. Am I imagining it that the leg Jones is clutching was completely untouched. Someone please confirm - I think is so obvious, but haven't heard it mentioned in the press or MOTD. Which is no surprise, really.

BillysStatue likes this.

11. Eireleeds1

I looked now but hasn't the wet sham lad got two feet off the ground? There's just been one as bad with Bournemouth captain sent off for virtually nothing. It's turning football into a complete wimps game

12. Whitejock

He has, but studs down, clearly going for a 60/40 ball. But at no point did any part of him touch Jones' right shin, which was what he was hugging until the guy sent off. Then he got 'treatment' for it. Ridiculous. A hundred times worse than diving IMO.

13. Eireleeds1

Footie started going downhill when they made raising the arm a sending off offence. There was never anything wrong with a good old fashioned elbow in the jaw

BillysStatue likes this.
  14. Leedsoflondon

It was mentioned by Ray Wilkins on talksport this morning, called Jones's reaction disgraceful or words to that effect and ultimately his cheating got the West Ham player sent off. Not one pundit thought it was a sending off.

BillysStatue likes this.
  15. Whitejock

Agree that no pundit thought it was a sending off. Also agree that they criticised his reaction (as an over-reaction), but not one mentioned cheating & holding a part of his body that was impact-free. That's the thing that galls me. And they call themselves experts!

BillysStatue likes this.
  16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Just seen the Bournemouth sending off tonight, another bit of joke refereeing
    I've said it for years, the majority of refereeing in this country is ****e, the useless ****ers should be held accountable,

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. Leedsoflondon

I took over reacting as the rolling around clutching a non existent injury.

18. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The deal to sign Hernandez was made in December

19. Whitejock

Aye, but over-reacting can also include a genuine tap to the area being clutched. This was blatant cheating IMO - and so obvious too, but no-one emphasised the cheating aspect. If one of our players had done that, he's be banned for a season & we'd have 15 points deducted (again).

OLOF likes this.
  20. Chippy / Glory

You forgotten Adryans antics already.